Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey

Go down 
+3
gracious-plenty
2shay
Doppleganger
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kimba

kimba

Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:17 pm

I have to say,that now that I am done SP,I really wnat to reread book3,Voyager!

star star spoilers star star

so early in the book Jamie was thinking about a woman scorned when he turned them down for sex,and then thought of Leoghaire,and the ill wish under Claire's pillow. Do you think Leoghaire wanted Jamie t have sex with her when he was married to Claire? or was this earlier in book 1?

star star star
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:41 pm

star Outlander star

I think Leoghaire was jealous and wanted Claire and Jamie's marriage to be unhappy. She had thought she had a good chance of getting hitched to Jamie herself. Whether she still expected Jamie's, er, affections I don't know. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

star SP about half way star

LMAO!!!!

"'It's not my spine', Fraser said between his teeth, I't's my arse!'"

"...nearly the whole of Fraser's left buttock was an ugly purplish blue..."
"'I told ye', Fraser said grouchily, 'he tried to cave my heid in. With a sort of club with a knob on one end.'"
"He's got the devil of a bad aim"

Oh and I wonder if the head in the dream with the light brown hair is the little girls whose remains he stepped on by accident after Culloden.

And how about these two foreshadowing events...
The priest telling him at some point to let go and get married again.
Tom Byrd thinkinh he broke his spine and could be paralysed (remember ABOSAA in the snow)?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:44 am

star Series star

The way things ended after Echo, there will be another wedding for Jamie....and Claire.....uap, I think you caught a good one there! And the fall during the blizzard! Got em both!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:37 am

star series
I was actually thinking his marriage to leghair...but if you think about it...Jamie was remarried to the Grizzler, Claire goes back to the man she originally married in her lifetime timeline, but actually in the historical timeline she "remarries" becasue technically the marriage to Jamie was in the 1800s was before her marriage to Frank. Then she marries Lord John...sooooo maybe they should renew their vows after Echo....wow that was pretty tricky.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 pm

star Series star

I have no idea what the law was at the time. Since Jamie wasn't really dead, could the marriage between LJ and Claire just be annulled? Don't know. Considering all that happened, it might be safer for her to remain "married" to an English officer and lord. Hmmmm....we'll see where DG goes with this. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:13 pm

LMAO- raw cabbage
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

You know, there is an awful lot of farting in these books!
Kinda makes me appreciate matches, and not for starting campfires.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Lots of farting! roflmao
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 pm

LMAO

star SP and series star

Ok another foreshadow- Minnie says to LJ and asks if he should even marry and if he didn't want a wife didn't he want a son...LJ thought to himself yes he did...dum dum dum...just got to LJ trying to tell Jamie he is trying to get his freedom and Jamie tells LJ that he wants to go back to Helwater and LJ is stumped (if thought he though Willie was Jamie's or had an idea of it by now) and Jamie says it is for Betty. This shocks LJ even more because not only could he have his freedom and to see his family again, but that Betty not only is a servant and he would have to remain one as well, but that she is plain and Claire was anything but...funny he says the same thing as Brian (Jamie's dad I think)...better to marry than to burn. I wonder if the man in the bog with the cup is a traveler and wonder why Jamie's spine always tingles thinking of it...is it Roger? Buck? another traveler? someone he's related to? Also LJ keeps getting tingling as well...hmmm. Wonder if Tobias Quinn is in the books? Also I wonder if Jamie gets into the whoring/bootlegging business because of Rabbie, but then why not be associated with that house? So much to think about. Also isn't Betty part of the Wild Geese plot? And also, if Twelvetrees was a secret agent, why was he burning the names of the Wild Geese he was supposed to uncover? and where is the money? I guess I may still find this out by the end of the books. Also isn't John Hunter the uncle who takes in Dr Hunter from Echo? That eerie story Jamie told of fairies and the Wild Hunt was strange. I wonder why he didn;t let them take him if he thought he'd be 200 years later because then maybe he would have traveled to find Claire and his child.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 am

star SP star
I wonder if we ever will see Betty again (or if we have).
Actually it was smart to send her away since she suspected Willie's true father, though he was only trying to do the right thing.
Strange the line LJ said to himself when it hit him about William that he will keep Jamie as his prisoner but maybe that was supposed to be along the lines of that saying he used throughout the book about I will be your master?
I am shocked about Tobias Quinn killing himself. Funny how the other Irishman was a real person. I guess we won't see him again since in real life he is sent to France and beheaded.
We never got to see Jamie's meeting with Rabbie.
I wonder what happened to the puppy Stephen Van N gave him. I don't remember a dog. That was sweet though. I wonder why we later never see SVN or hear LJ's thoughts about him. Hope he doesn't die.
Very glad to see Cumberland in pain. He was the one who headed up the highland clearings which was like a Scottish holocaust. He killed men, women, children and their livestock. bastard.
I saw another foreshadowing...the fog that came...reminded me of Willie being lost on Long Island during the revolution.
Wonder what the second meeting with the Wild Hunt is about. The 1st story he told, the tall one reminded me of Jaime, and the salt white woman Claire, and the noose (another foreshadowing) Roger. What of Bree and the rest then?
Also, I never remembered Jamie collecting stones for people before. Funny how he had a real stone - amethyst for Claire. Wonder if we ever see that later in the series? Wonder what he will pick for Willie. Glad to see LJ and Jamie as freinds and Jamie even being able to talk a little of the things he hated the most sort of (LJ's sexuality, the claim that LJ and Jamie were lovers by Twelvetrees and his after chess hand thing).

Good stuff
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:02 am

All of that. Yes. Really good story. Is the "fog" a sort of analogy of Willie's life? He's been in a fog since his birth. At least twice he was lost in a fog. Hmmmmm......lost in a fog.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Argh I want to do a full reread again now...but I have so many unread books
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:05 pm

When do the Lord John stories take place? One day I will catchup with Outlander and get to these stories. I'm currently a little over halfway through Drums of Autumn and up to were John has the measles and Jaime has gone off William. I love the banter with Claire and John and are interested in reading more about Lord John.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:11 pm

The Lord John books take place during Voyager, when Jamie was a prisoner. So you won't spoil any future Outlander books if you pick up one of the LJ books now.
The Scottish Prisoner was incredibly good.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:23 pm

pray I had to yin away the yang of a poorly written (imo) book. The Custum of the Army made for an awesome fix.
I knew Gabaldon wouldn't let me down!

star TCotA star

Do we ever see Manoke or John Cinnamon again? Oh pleeeeaase say they show up again. pray I'll be a good Gabaldonite and catch up, I promise!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3