Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey

Go down 
+3
gracious-plenty
2shay
Doppleganger
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Hmmm.. I had wondered who that second head was too but then I forgot about it once I read on. I don't know. Dang thats one of those things that could really bug a person till you get an answer. smile

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 1:00 pm

That would be a great read for sure 2shay. We know he had sex with at least 3 people but they were apart for a long time. But I don't think he was messing with the whores either. Well I'd like to think he didn't.

star SP star

Oh I just loved the ending. Touching her threw time. Awww!! Just heart warming! *big sigh*
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:28 pm

I thought the curly brown haired woman was Claire. Never considered anyone else. Maybe I missed something.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:45 am

But it was light brown when I thought Clare had dark brown.

Ok all this Jacobite stuff in Ireland is making me think Frank is going to know all about Jamie. I think Frank knew when his time was because if he realized that time ran parallel, he could see when Claire and later Bree showed up in the past and it doesn't take rocket science for him to realize he must be dead or else Claire would have broken her promise to him to not tell Bree while he was alive.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:06 am

Uap, I think you are right. Maybe he found some records from the Abby.

star SP star

I really enjoyed wee Willy in this book. I want to love him like Jamie does. Spoiled rotten little brat, and Jamie adores him. I want to....I want to....keep repeating....Shay wants to love Willie....
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:15 pm

2shay- I still haven't been able to read. Had my heart broken once again. feel like the only people with as bad luck as me lately are Jamie, Claire and Roger.... As they were approving me for my dog application, they adopted the dog out to someone else. Spent the day crying all over again for Marvin, for Paul and for not getting the dog. The good news is that he is adopted and I am taking it as fate spoke and that wasn't the right dog. It's just sad. I think if I want a dog I will just use the rescue group that I am friends with and volunteer for when I am ready. I just fell upon that dog when looking for my sis in law. I froze and he spoke to me. Oh well. Not meant to be.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 pm

(((uapeople))) Well that just plain stinks, but I know there's a doggie out there that needs you as much as you need him. heart

star Scottish Prisoner star

I started Scottish Prisoner today! I don't read smexy stuff at work. No way. Lots of people will stop by and ask what I'm reading, or even look over my shoulder, so....yeah. I leave the smexy at home.

I thought a Lord John book would be a fairly safe bet for me to read at my desk during lunch.
How does Scottish Prisoner start? With Jamie jacking off in the barn, of course. confused
I've been punked by Gabaldon! omg
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:58 am

I finished Scot Prisnoer and LOVED it!

DG is an amazing writer,cause I didn't think it was possbile but now I adore Jamie even more!

Great book and a must read! And you don't have to read the other LJ books to read this one.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 am

20% in, and it's awesome. I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorite books of 2011.

ETA: star not really spoilery star

Oh my.... Harry's poetry! Foaming cunt! roflmao
I so hope there's more.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Scared the crap out of my kid when i read your post Dopple and barked a loud laugh.. They just don't make poems like that anymore.. roflmao
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:37 pm

lmao star and dopple. i am only half way and haven't read Faith's SS yet though I did purchase for kindle. usually i have 800 page DG novels finished in days with no sleep. my attention span is just not there for anything yet.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 am

Help!

Jamie and LJ keep referring to a big argument they had, after which LJ stopped his quarterly visits.
I can't find this argument anywhere in Voyager. Doesanyone have a chapter number or Kindle location for it? It's driving me bonkers.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Dopp, I think it was in one of the short stories and I don't remember which one!

star SPOILER star

It is better explained later in SP, but the arguement was about when LJ told Jamie that if they ever had sex, he (LJ) would make him (Jamie) scream. With Jamie's history, that didn't go over very well and he knocked the crap out of LJ. Of course, LJ meant "scream in pleasure". That was not how Jamie heard it, though.

The poetry was priceless! Harry has a really, really dirty mind. I adore him! Now I want a Harry story! Or just a copy of his poetry.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks Shay!

If you remembet the short, let me know. I haven't read any of those...haven't finished all the,main Outlander books!
There are also references to time LJ spent in Germany. That's in one of the other LJ books, right?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes! that's where he first met the German officer he was with in SP! The fight that LJ and Jamie had was at Helwater. Out by the barn. I can not remember the story. uap will be on sooner or later. I bet she remembers which story it's from. She and Autumn are like Outlander dictionaries!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Um- that I THINK that is Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade. Let me check on that.

2Shay the one where he hangs out with Stefan (sp) is LJ and the Succubus

Here are the LJ books

*Lord John and the Hellfire Club (1998, initially an audio-only release), novella
Lord John and the Private Matter (2003)
*Lord John and the Succubus, novella published in Legends II, edited by Robert Silverberg
Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade (2007)
*Lord John and the Haunted Soldier (2007), novella
Lord John and the Hand of Devils (2007), collection of three novellas
The Custom of the Army (2010), novella published in Warriors, edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois
Lord John and the Plague of Zombies (2011), novella published in Down These Strange Streets, edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois (2011)
The Scottish Prisoner (2011)

*These are part of Lord John and the Hellfire Club

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is the reading order from Outlandish Observations site:
http://outlandishobservations.blogspot.com/2011/03/order-of-lord-john-books-and-stories.html#.TuE5GlarFxU

"Lord John and the Hellfire Club"
first story in LORD JOHN AND THE HAND OF DEVILS
short story - 1756

LORD JOHN AND THE PRIVATE MATTER
novel - 1757

"Lord John and the Succubus"
second story in LORD JOHN AND THE HAND OF DEVILS
novella - 1757

LORD JOHN AND THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BLADE
novel - 1758
(Battle of Krefeld, 1758)

"Lord John and the Haunted Soldier"
third story in LORD JOHN AND THE HAND OF DEVILS
novella - November 1758 (follows immediately after the end of BOTB)

"The Custom of the Army"
novella, published in August, 2011, in the WARRIORS 3 anthology (see the "Custom of the Army" FAQ for more information)
(Battle of Quebec, 1759)

THE SCOTTISH PRISONER
novel, to be published November 29, 2011
(1760 (ish) Irish invasion of England (failed))

"Lord John and the Plague of Zombies"
novella, will be published in the DOWN THESE STRANGE STREETS anthology in October, 2011
(1761 - slave rebellion, Jamaica)

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:18 pm

and now that I think of it I do believe Stephan is in that one as well so 2shay is probably correct
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 pm

we were right- it starts at Penance chapter 7 but then Violent Hands I think is the fight...

http://outlanderbookclub.freeforums.org/lj-books-botb-chaper-08-violent-hands-t1854.html
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Oh my goodness, uap! Thanks!

I've read LJ and the Haunted Soldier, and loved it. I haven't gotten back to the other two stories in that anthology...well now I'm motivated! LOL
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Quick question: Is Percy LJ's stepbrother?

If not, then...

star Scottish Prisoner star

...what in the world is this about?

"From the corner of his eye, he could see Jamie Fraser examining a crumpet as though he'd never seen one before, lips tight. Jamie Fraser was the only person in the world -- besides Percy -- who knew the truth of Grey's relationship with his stepbrother." (Kindle location 5932)

I'm 70% in and soo enjoying Scottish Prisoner, but I think I should have read all the other LJ books first!

Twelvetrees! cussing I hope Jamie kicks his ass!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Dopple-- Yes....Percy is LJ's stepbrother. They had a really hot affair, too! You should read that one.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:16 am

I will definately get back to the rest of the LJ books. Finished Scottish Prisoner last night - wonderful.wonderful book. wine
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 12:57 pm

I am such a huge fan of everything Outlander, including Lord John, and am always tickled when my friends love one of the books as much as I do. I thought it was wonderfully done. Opening the book and closing the book with a similar scene just worked so well. Jamie.....sigh
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 pm

Still haven't had a chance to get past the 49% mark
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Don't rush yourself. Scottish Prisoner is a good book to take slow and savor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey   Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Lord John Grey
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next