Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My TBR plan of action . . .

Go down 
+13
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
uapeople
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
Dragonlady
2shay
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
DEW
showmethelove
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
showmethelove
showmethelove

My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:56 pm

So I am finally reading GRIMSPACE book 1 of Ann Aguirre's Sirantha Jax series. I like it. I think maybe I like watching SciFi stuff more than reading about it. It's good so I will definitly keep reading.

FLF, is there any Wink smexy coming soon? I think m/m has spoiled me with the smexy cheers

I also want to tell everyone to read Zero At The Bone by Jane Seville. It's sooooooo good!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:07 pm

Yes, there is smexy in it. It's not a quick fast story, it's also very high context so there is a huge amount of information to digest. I don't want to spoil anything, but there is a very good romance at the heart of this series.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 pm

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
Yes, there is smexy in it. It's not a quick fast story, it's also very high context so there is a huge amount of information to digest. I don't want to spoil anything, but there is a very good romance at the heart of this series.

I can see the romance but am greedy for some lovin'. I know I just need to sit back and enjoy. There are a whole lot of details I'm trying to digest. Thanks Andy air kiss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 am

Ssssssh.... But I am hopping off the m/merry-go-round for a bit smile finally hitting Stacia Kane series; then Rifter next week (naturally!) and then .... Coda!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:46 am

Whooot! You are going to love TERRIBLE! He talks like D!!! This series is full of drama and will suck you in!!!

Boat! Boat! Boat!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

6 days! Or possibly less if it's early!!!

I want to sing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU while reading next week. Well, okay, not REALLY. But I want on that damn boat!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Dang Swede, I've had Uholy Ghosts in my TBR pile 4eva!!!!!! But yeah still cant get to it Sad . I'm starting to read HEARTLESS, 4th Gail Carriger book, cant wait!!!! Love me that Scottish Werewolf, Lord Maccon!!!!!

Quick side question for you Nook/Kindle folks. I tried to loan Magic Slays to Autumn and it didnt have the "lend" option; I know with the Nook not all are lendable but could it also be because its a fairly new release?? Can the Kindle folks lend it? Or are there also restrictions?? If I wasnt so distracted by the pretty colors I should of thought about the lending capacity with the Kindle better!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 pm

sabby wrote:

Quick side question for you Nook/Kindle folks. I tried to loan Magic Slays to Autumn and it didnt have the "lend" option; I know with the Nook not all are lendable but could it also be because its a fairly new release?? Can the Kindle folks lend it? Or are there also restrictions?? If I wasnt so distracted by the pretty colors I should of thought about the lending capacity with the Kindle better!!!! Mad

Kindle and Nook books aren't all lendable. B&N will tell you if it is before you buy it. It may not stay that way forever. There are quite a few Nookbooks that are lendable but not all. Hope that helps!

I don't know enough about Kindle to comment on it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Very few of my Kindle books are lendable. None of the larger publishers appear to allow it, and Ilona Andrew's books cannot be lended. But all my indie and smaller-named published books are lendable.
I have a serious case of literary ADD going on. I'm reading 3 books, all different genres, all really good. Flitting back and forth between them.
The one that has decided to take over and keep me away from the other two? Zero at the Bone. Gawd I love to read D's dialogue. He's sharp-minded but uneducated, competant but insecure. I can't place his speech pattern and that's bugging me. Its weirdly generic, which is hard to pull off with slangy speech.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I think the decision to allow lending is the publishers, not Amazon's or B&N's. To me, lending the first book in a series is a great way to attract new readers. I don't know why more books aren't available to lend. It's frustrating and stupid on the part of big NY publishers who seem to be making bad choice after bad choice in eBook distribution and sales.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Yes, it is set by the publishers. And none of the bigger publishers allow it on Kindle, big surprise there. Sad

It makes no sense that some books are lendable on Nook but not on Kindle. Are the publishers still miffed with amazon over the 9.99 pricing?
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
Yes, it is set by the publishers. And none of the bigger publishers allow it on Kindle, big surprise there. Sad

It makes no sense that some books are lendable on Nook but not on Kindle. Are the publishers still miffed with amazon over the 9.99 pricing?

It would be nice if they would also make them lendable across platform as well. Nook to Kindle and vice versa. Maybe one day.... I heard that libraries are working to make lendable selections as well.
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I would love to share. Maybe one day.

It has been taking me a long time but I have been reading the 1st book in the YA series by Kim Harrison. It's pretty good, I just don't have the attention span for much any more. Plus I;m supposed to be writing out thank you cards and doing all these things for the house/bills/pools/etc. Has anyone read that series? The prequel short story is free I think. I figured a YA series wouldn't be as emotional and less thinking would be involved, but it is actually pretty emotional and adult-like.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Okay. I know there are some of you who really don't much care for the m/m books. So, I will say that if you don't really like m/m, but love a great story, Zero At The Bone might work for you. It is so good that it's hard to describe. No, uap, you don't need in this one yet...very emotional stuff.

Also, same thing...if you really don't care for m/m but want a great story, Driftwood by Harper Fox is a much shorter read than Zero and very, very good. All of HF's books are plot and romance heavy without making the whole story about the sex. Mostly it's about people finding their way through some troubling situations and coming to grips with the world as they know it. Very good. Also very emotionally intense. I would recommend either of these to my RL friends who have never read a m/m story. That good.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:10 pm

As far as I can tell, the only kindles that are lendable are the indies...and not ALL of them. Mostly the shorts and the novellas.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 pm

I read the short for that series in Proms from Hell, and thought it was pretty good. Lots of potential. I haven't picked up any of those books yet though.
Just from Harrison's other adult series, I would guess her YA books could be quite emotional. Harrison is gutsy that way. Hopefully her wicked sense of humor is in the YA series to balance it out.

The only non-indie Kindle books I have that are lendable are the Hunger Games books and First Grave on the Right. That's it, and I have 200+ books on my kindle.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Swede, finally on to Downside Ghosts series cheers You are seriously going to love it!

Dopple, Zero At The Bone is just a brilliant book. I couldn't put it down and it has become one of my firm favourites of all books. Not being american, I'm not very familiar with accents, but I heard it as hard southernish accent in my head. Maybe texan?
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm currently reading the third in Lauren Kate's YA series, Passion. Good so far, about half way in. Then I think I'll read the second BDB book, before reading Aprilynne Pike's YA new release, Illusions (the third in her series). After that, I'll go back to a couple of m/m books, Driftwood by Harper Fox (as pimped by Shay) and Tigers and Devils (as pimped by Swede). That should get me through most of July!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 pm

I am almost finished with Hounded Dopple!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Ooh, that was a good book (thanks for the rec, dopple). I have the second one, Hexed, placed on hold for me at my library. I'll probably just end up buying them, though. Impatient? Me?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:40 pm

I thought Hexed was better than Hounded! Hammered just released, but I haven't picked it up yet. I've got Heartless waiting patiently for me after I get through my little literary ADD phase.

I really was all kinds of excited about Hammered and Heartless, but I just can't tear away from Zero.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 pm

excited Dopple! I agree with FLF and Shay, it will linger for a couple of days.

Okay I just finished Hounded and it was good. The first 76 pages or so were a little tough but the rest was very interesting. I couldn't get into Harry but I like Atticus!! There was some funny and I like all the paranormal/gods elements. Thanks for the rec dopple air kiss
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:01 am

humm...I may have to try Hounded...soon.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 pm

So even though it sucks the lending capability for both the Kindle and Nook, I feel better I thought Nook had more restrictions. Mad cussing

We should think of way to pool for one of the two devices get some kind of cash credit card and just log into that one account and build up that single library; that would teach those tricky to be so, so, so finger!!!! Until than????
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:52 am

Sabby.....I love your posts! You always have such a way with smilies! I have said before that 5 people should "share" an account. The "international" girls should let an American friend actually buy and register their kindles, keep it on the same account, work out a way to pay for the books fairly (different for different people) and the "lending" is taken care of. I only wish you could put more than 5 devices on one account. I already have 4 on mine...and they are all actually mine! iPad, phone, pc and kindle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My TBR plan of action . . .
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: