Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter

Go down 
+2
planetcheese
Doppleganger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Empty
PostSubject: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 am

Series Order
Angel's Blood, #1
Archangel's Kiss, #2
Archangel's Consort, #3
Archangel's Blade, #4
Archangel's Storm, #5 (September 4th, 2012)

Novellas and Shorts:

Angel's Pawn, #0.5
Angel's Judgement, #1.5
Angel's Wolf, #4.5
Angel's Dance, #4.75
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 am

I'm only a couple chapters in to Archangels Storm, but it's already soooo good. I haven't been a big Jason fan before (its all about Aodhen and Illium!), but I'm being swayed.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Ugh, I want to read Jason's book. I've been dying to find out why he is like that. But I still need to read Archangel's Blade. I just don't really like the vamp so I haven't been motivated to read it yet. I know, he smells like chocolate. But I just don't like him. no idea
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Read it! I know a lot of people don't care for him but once you read his book you'll love him. smile It was a really great book.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Okay, I'll move it up my TBR pile.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Good!! You'll like it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:11 am

Omygoodness, I think I'm in love with Jason now. heart
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:52 am

star Archangel's storm star

I finished Archangel's Storm and I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I liked that Mahiya was still a good person after everything she'd been through. I was impressed that she wasn't too proud to play the weak and submissive princess in order to survive. I'm sick of the alpha heroines that refuse to bow down to anyone even if it means life or death - being subservient for a while doesn't make anyone weak, it actually shows that they're strong enough to act a certain way so they can survive.

Anyway I just didn't connect to Jason, yea he had a rubbish childhood but he was just too cold and unemotional for me to relate to him. I think that a lot of readers will like him but he just wasn't my cup of tea.

The romance was lacking for me because of Jason's personality, at the end when he said he loved Mahiya, I didn't believe it because it wasn't refelected in his thoughts.. He definitely cared about her deeply but I wasn't convinced of his love for her. I think he liked her more because she loved him unconditionally and he knew she'd never leave him.

I really liked the whole Cascade thing, and I can't wait to find out what's going on with that. I just hope it doesnt drag for several books.

I liked Venom's scenes but I was gutted that he was sleeping around, I thought he had feelings for Sorrow. Now I don't want Sorrow's HEA to be with Venom. I hate when the love interests sleep with other people once they've met and spent time with the hero/heroine. I wouldn't mind as much if they were both sleeping around but when once does and the other doesn't, it just makes me think that one of them doesn't have as strong feelings as the other has. I'm now hoping that Sorrow ends up with Aodhan.

End spoilers star

I really wanted another Raphael/Elena book, but not so much now.. I'd prefer Aodhan or Ilium to have a book.

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:03 am

Stamps feet I had to wait so long. But happy I FINALLY got this happy dance Will read over the weekend. Ok probably Friday night. I hate how publishers wait a couple of weeks to release.

We will be getting an Ilium book Ferdy, but not all the seven will get one (I asked at a book signing) Sad Better pop out before I start looking at star star
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:13 pm

GC, that sucks that we are not getting a book on each of them. Maybe she'll give us a short story instead???

I believe I read somewhere that we will be getting another Raphael/Elena book? I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 pm

At the end of Archangel's Storm, there's and ad for the next Guild Hunter book saying that it will be a return to Elena and Raphael. I was actually a bit disappointed to see that because I thought that Archangel's Storm had a lot of setup for Aodhen. I really want his story! tantrum

Funny, when Archangel's Blade was first announced I was disappointed that it wasn't Elena and Raphael. Now I would rather read more about the Seven.

star Storm star

I agree ferdy! I thought Jason was too closed off, but I loved Mahiya. That first love scene though....OMG. Just goes to show that the scene doesn't have to be graphic to be sexy as hell. Completely won me over to Jason.

But what really caught my attention was Aodhen and the butterflies - fluttering an enemy to death! roflmao All these little details about him are killing me. I want more!

Last edited by Doppleganger on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:28 am

I loved Aodhan and the butterflies - so cute!! I think that was my most favourite scene in the book heart
I hope Aodhan has his book after Elena/Raphael's. I think I'd like to see him with Sorrow, since they both don't like to touch - it could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Finished. I hope Aodhan gets his own book at some stage. I like Jason, but hope we get a little more insight into him in future books. There still seems to be quite a bit more to come about Jason yet. I still think Aodhan is more likely to end up with Sorrow than Venom. Hard to say, no clues in this book, just because Venom is being a man whore doesn't rule him out Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Sorrow is pretty much anyone's girl at this point! Maybe we'll get more clues in the next book.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 pm

I'm reading Archangel's Blade. Only 18% into it and I still don't like the guy. But I want to read about Jason so I know I need to read it. no idea
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm

He's a hard guy to like. Have you gotten to any parts that has his back story yet? If I'm remembering correctly PC the book your reading has a bit of a twist in it.

I still need to read Jason's book and as soon as I get a chance I'm on it. Though I've been bad and reading the spoiler stars above and it's looking about 50/50 when it comes to the goods and bads to his book.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 am

star Spoilerish Archangel's Storm star
I need to go back and read through the comments about Archangel's Storm, but I just wanted to comment that I finally finished it. It took me a long time to get into it. I actually stopped reading it about a third of the way through and picked up another book to read (Ordinary Girl) and then came back to this one. I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the mood for it or if it started slow. I'll have to think on it, but the end was lovely and interesting. I'm interested to read more about the sisters and see what comes of the war. I was also glad to hear that the next book would be back to Elena and Raphael.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:36 pm

I finally finished Archangel's Blade. I've only been having about 45 min a day to read. It seems like I've been reading this book forever.

I'll give this one 4 stars. I should probably give it 5 since I went into it not liking the guy and Nalini Singh made me like him now. But, no. It will just be a 4. I understand him a lot better.

I saw the little twist coming but it was a good one and I thought it was handled well.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:38 pm

It's been a while since I've read the earlier books. Something came up in Archangel's Blade that I know is a continuation from the earlier books but I cannot remember what happened.

In Archangel's Blade, Elena meets a cop called Santiago. They are a little hostile toward each other at first. Then he says that he got the harness. Elena says that she didn't expect him too.

I don't remember the history between these two. Can someone help? Thanks. pray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter   Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter
Page 1 of 1