Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab

Go down 
+2
Greencat
Starbrites
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Empty
PostSubject: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Dorina Basarab Series

0.5: On the Prowl Anthology or Buying Trouble ebook
1: Midnight's Daughter
2: Death's Mistress

2.1: Chicks Kick Butt Anthology or In Vino Veritas free on the authors website
3: Fury's Kiss ~ October 2, 2012

Free shorts avaliable on Authors website at http://www.karenchance.com/books.html in the freebie section.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Loving Dory! I might even end up liking her more the Cassie.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Woooooo I got excited to see KC thread but quickly realized it's the wrong one to express my unwavering love in love for Pritkin

no idea
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:07 pm

There is NO thread here that is "the wrong one" when it comes to Pritkin!

heart heart heart Pritkin heart heart heart

Wink

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:24 pm

this is so true strabrites Wink
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:58 pm

CRAP... Fury's Kiss was released too today tantrum

Bruiser or Louie-Cesarean???? why!!!
This is a tough decision
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm 20% through Fury's Kiss and I'm loving it.. it's a really long book, so it'll probably take a couple of days to finish. excited
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:16 am

I\'m waiting For this one two. What is the bet the both turn up the same day. tantrum
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:19 am

I've finally finished Fury's Kiss and I loved it. I did have a few issues with it but it was still very enjoyable. I find Dory a much more interesting heroine than Cassie.

Anyway, here's a few of my thoughts about it:

star Fury's Kiss star

star Major spoilers star

I loved finding out about Dory and her dhampire rages, her missing memories and her childhood with Mircea. I've never liked Mircea, I always thought he was slimy and manipulative but I think he's great now - I do find him far more endearing as a dad to Dory than as a love interest to Cassie.
It's obvious Mircea loves Dory more than anything, he's done so much to protect her, using so much of his powers to make sure her vampire and human side stay separate so that her vampire side doesn't end up killing her - he kept it from her to keep her safe even though he knew Dory hated him for taking away her memories.
There was a flashback with Dory as a child and Mircea doing a painting of her and also him buying her sweets - it was really sweet. I wish they'd been more scenes of Mircea raising Dory. heart

I loved that Louis-Cesare had Dory's back when she went all dhampire on the consul's guards - it was great that LC fought with Dory even though it would get him in trouble. I would have thought he would try to calm her down and stop her but instead he joined her - it was just awesome. I didn't find him all that swoon-worthy before this book. And he bought a house in New York to be near to her. yummy

Marlowe and Dory kiss!! I'm kind of shipping Marlowe/Dory even though it'll never happen and even though I love LC/Dory.. I just lovehow Marlowe gets so angry around Dory when he's usually so collected. I think that Marlowe's finally starting to see Dory in a better light - he'll still probably be a douche to her but I think he's starting to respect her. excited

Cassie and Dory meet..well kind of. They still don't know who the other is but I think they'll be meeting officially in the next Cassie or Dory book. I did think Cassie acted like a complete bitch Mad .. she shifts her to a cow pasture of some sort because she thought Dory was Mircea's lover - she was ridiculous.. I hate that Cassie 'punished' the 'other woman' when the only person who should have been 'punishing' was Mircea. I seriously don't like Cassie anymore but I might feel differently once I read her POV.

The ending was unexpected.. I can't believe Dory's on the Senate now and I loved that Mircea was so proud of his little girl!! twirling

star End spoilers star

It was such an entertaining book, and there's so many answers, change and development in regard to characters and the plot - the next book will definitely be interesting.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 am

I made the mistake of staring JR Wards new one first and I am dragging on it. Then I also have to made the LC/Ricky Bo decision...but also isn;t there a new Darynda book, too? So much to read. So little time.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:08 pm

I\'m waiting Must be nearly here!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Crap Ferdy I went and read your post. smile I don't care I had to do it. Those darn stars were drawing me in. I really need to make time to read this.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm still waiting for this SB so your not the only one who hasn't read it.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:09 pm

I finally finally read Fury's Kiss.

Ditto to Ferdy's comments and review. wine Great post!

star Spoilers star

I loved learning about Dory's dhampire's stuff and her background. The story was quite involved and a little long at times, but I wouldn't begin to know what to edit or shorten. This is the most I have liked Dory, and Luis Cesare. Unlike Ferdy, I've always like Mircea, but I think he was at his best in this book.

Was the brief meeting between Cassie and Dory in the last Cassie book? It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I feel like it may have been in the last Cassie book. Anybody?

Like Ferdy, I loved when Luis Cesare jumped in and started fighting on Dorina's side against the guards when her Dhampire side came out. I'm also glad that Dory realized she loved him. phewwwww

I would love to have a book centered on Marlowe. He seemed so interesting in this book instead of just cranky and annoying. I loved that Dory really gets under his skin. And, they kissed! It wasn't romantic, but I didn't want it to be. It was funny and exciting.

The ending was pretty great. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 am

star Fury's kiss star

Hi Calimama, Cassie and Dory haven't met before.. In Hunt the Moon or the 4th Cassie book, Cassie did see a photo album filled with pictures of Dory in Mircea's room.. she assumed that Dory was his ex girlfriend.. which is the natural conclusion to jump to since Mircea conveniently forgot to mention that he had a daughter.. No No
I think they'll probably meet in the next Cassie book and Mircea will have a lot of explaining to do with both his girls. roflmao

Malowe and Dory are great together.. I'd love to see Dorina attracted to him and for Dory to be like WTF?! I think there's enough difference between Dorina and Dory for them to have different taste in men smile .
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Have no reading time...how sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab    Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karen Chance - Dorina Basarab
Page 1 of 1