Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin

Go down 
+2
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ferdy

Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 am

I finished Widow's Web and as entertaining and angsty as it was, it pissed me off so much. I think it's a must read for the series and that people with love it but the things what happened just ruined things for me. I HATE Owen now.

star WARNING SPOILERS - and huge rant star

One of the reasons I was so attached to the series was because of Owen and Gin's relationship and after reading this I have to say their relationship is ruined
After everything Owen put Gin through, how can she take him back? how can she trust him again? How can she not think that he loved Salina more and that he always would love Salina more?

For the last few books he pushed her to open up yet all that time he was hiding himself and didn't tell her about the part of his life that was most important to him. He respected Gin so little that he didn't do for her what she did for him and OPEN UP.

Owen said/heavily implied he'd NEVER hurt her and that he'd always accept her and that he would love her no matter what but that was a lie - he broke her heart so many times in the book, he hurt her, lied to her, betrayed her, cheated on her, chose another woman over her and at the end he didn't love her unconditionally. I don't see someone like Gin, who finds it so difficult to open up being able to share a life with him after he fucked her over so completely.

I was baffled as to how Owen said he loved Gin yet he didn't even seem bothered that she nearly died - he was more bothered and worried about Salina and making sure poor, wittle Salina got the help she needed. Never mind that his girlfriend nearly died - he didn't care AT ALL that the woman he supposedly loved came close to dying.

The best thing about their relationship (for me anyway) was that what they felt for each other was something they'd never had before - but that was completely ruined by Owen being in love before and not only that - it was clear that he loved/loves Salina far more than Gin. I'm actually doubting he ever loved Gin as much as he claimed.

And the situation with Donovon and Gin was completely different - she never loved Donovon, she never had a real relationship with him or thought about forever with him, she never thought Donovon was more important than Owen - whereas Owen was in love with Salina and he seemed to still love her and he put Salina above Gin - there was no comparison between the two.

I'm so pissed that Owen let Salina kiss him twice and then murmered against his lips - ok, he didn't kiss her back and he stopped her eventually but he should have stopped it instantly and not allow her to kiss him again and murmer aginst his lips - what's even worse is that Gin doesn't call him out on his behaviour - he just gets away with it and not only that Gin's the one at the end that tries to fight for their relationship.

Why did Owen make out that Gin was the bad guy in the relationship when he was the one who lied, cheated and betrayed?

Even if Gin and Owen get back together, she'll always be second best. There's no doubt in my mind that Salina was the love of his life. He showed more emotion, feeling, forgiveness, love and vunerability towards Salina than he's ever done Gin.

I hate Owen, more than even Donovon Caine who I despised.

Gin deserves a hero that loves her completely and feels for her what he's never felt for anyone else and not someone who loved someone else more than her and someone who'll always love another woman. She doesn't need a hero that protects, loves and kisses the woman that almost killed her. She deserves a proper hero.

star End spoilers star

So yea, that pretty much sums up my thoughts about Widow's Web and Owen. I'll hate it if Gin and Owen end up together. I think this is another series for me that's probably going to go from a loved series to a hated one.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Ferdy! Ferdy! Ferdy! roflmao You are so passionate in your hate for Owen.

star WW star

I am also very pissed at Owen and Had Gin not killed that Bitch I would have been even more mad. When Jennifer Estep posted that people were going to be pissed at something she did I was freaked out and I read a lot of reviews and then I slept for crap and woke up at the crack of dawn to get reading. I could not wait to find out what the heck was going to happen. The book was really good and I couldn't put it down but now with that being said I was pissed right off at the way Owen just wanted to let everything that crazy chick did go. I mean the girl was trying to kill his 4 year old sister and after finding out he still just wanted to "talk" with her and then trying to kill Gin and his mentor guy and still Owen just was shruggin it off. That shit pissed me off.

I think a lot of people are going to be pissed but had JE not had Gin kill her just to keep Owen happy would have been worse. I was glad she killed her and if Owen can't deal with it then he can puff off. That's right I said PUFF OFF! smile

I liked Owen and could have loved him as a permanent person in Gin's life but these books aren't really romance so I could go either way. I liked asshole Donovan myself. Who I love the most is Finn. That guy just rocks!

So to sum it up, I loved the book, loved Kincaid (for now), thought Jennifer Estep made a good choice having Gin kill that crazy bitch and Owen can suck an egg. Maybe he will redeem himself but I don't think it will be in the next book so people shouldn't get there hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Crap! I better hurry up!

I just started Thread of Death - will probably finish it tonight. Then I have to catch up with By A Thread before I can plunge into Widow's Web. It's going to be hard not to read the posts underneath all the pretty spinning stars!

Thread of Death is pretty good - Estep is better at giving reminders of previous events without infodumping in this one.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 am

I'm starting tonight. Still have not forgiven you Starbrites from racing ahead of me on this one! No No but I'll forgive you.

Dopple you need to get reading women. loo FLF
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Ok I have forgiven you Starbrites, once you pick up the book, man hard to put it down.

star Widows web star

First my favourite book of the series, and no more info dumps! Even better.

Right was I the only one who though Gin was gonna catch Owen and Salina in bed? I still like Owen, neither him of Gin are perfect, both have their skeletons in the cupboard so to speak.

Salina had to die not doubt, would have been annoyed if she hadn't been killed. Kincaid, I think is going to turn out to be an interesting character. Someone who people are so afraid of they won't take a shot at Gin, gotta be a good story there.

I like Owen and want him and Gin to get there shit together. I was at one stage yelling at Fin in my head to deck the cussing I will admit, so I'm not saying he is perfect. Owen

Cooper and Jo Jo so cute.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm avoiding all the shinny stars also. I'll start this weekend. Gin Blano

Dopple, I didn't read Thread of Death. Can you let me know how it is?
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:27 pm

[quote="Starbrites"]Ferdy! Ferdy! Ferdy! roflmao You are so passionate in your hate for Owen.

star Widow's Web star

Lol..yea I really hate him. I think the fact that she was messed about by Donovon makes me even more mad at Owen. I hate that Owen made her open up but he didn't do the same for her - I don't think he ever would have told her about Salina if he hadn't been forced to. And I lost respect for him when he did't tell Gin about Salina when he got the call from her - she rang a week before and he had the chance to tell Gin but he didn't.. no, he just waited for Gin to find out in the most humiliating and hurtful way. The fact that Salina had such an effect on him and he was distant with Gin when all he did was speak to Salina just says it all - Gin has never affected him that way.

Another thing that pissed me was when Gin was almost killed by Salina it was Philip that saved her and when she was half dead and woke up at Jojo's it was Philip that stayed with her and was next to her. Where was Owen he was too busy defending and protecting Salina to Finn...because he was more worried about Salina than Gin being half dead at the hands of his ex. That to me is unforgiveable.

If all of the BS he put her through happened before they were seroius and beofre they were in love then I wouldn't be as bothered. But because he was putting Salina above Gin when he was meant to love her just shows that his love for Gin isn't all that strong. All his promises and assurances that he'd never hurt her won;t mean anything because he's said them before and not meant them. If they get back together ..what happen sthe next time they get in trouble? Is he going to walk away from her again? Is he going to blame Gin for everything? I can just imagin something happening to Eva and him blaming Gin for not protecting her because it's always up to Gin to be the protector.

I want Gin with someone that treats her better than that douche Owen.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:28 pm

I liked Thread of Death - it's all about Mab's funeral and the mayhem that erupts during it. You know with Gin attending that all hell is going to break lose!

It was a quick read, and led nicely into By A Thread which I'm reading now. I'm catching up, y'all, really I am!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Dopple - Thanks for the info on Thread of Death.

star Widow's Web star
As always, I could not put this book down. She is such an amazing author. I just get sucked in from the first sentence.

At the end of the previous book (after Gin/Donovan's moment) Gin explained to Owen that Donovan kissed her and then she punched him in the stomach and said I love Owen. I thought Owen should have had more of a reaction. I mean, it was closure and Gin made it clear that she chose Owen. So at this point I had a bad feeling. Fast foward to when I heard that the author did something that fans wouldn't like. My bad feeling became even stronger.

So I read Widow's Web. It was a great book but I didn't like what happened. I understand why Owen was upset at the end. He had very valid points. However, I feel like Gin got the short end of the stick. He didn't make it clear that he chose her over his ex. And he never told Gin about this past relationship. This was a huge part of himself that he kept from her. And yet, in the end, Gin was the one to fight for the relationship. He just needed time, didn't want to fight for it. Owen was just going to walk out of the Pork Pit until Gin grabbed him, kissed him and said I love you. I'm really hoping Owen redeems himself because I just love this guy.

I'm not sure how many books Estep is contracted for but I have a feeling things are not going to be resolved soon. very sad
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 7:22 pm

star WW star

It always makes me crazy with wonder at why these authors do that to there characters and there fans. I don't think I will ever understand because it's clear she has every intention on those two being a couple. I guess that what makes for good books. People will keep reading so they can find out what will happen next.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 am

star Widow's Web star

Fucking mermaids!

Owen, Owen, Owen....where to start? He went from the perfect boyfriend to a complete ass so fast I got whiplash. It was a little tough to swallow. It didn't quite seem to fit that Owen would choose to ignore Eva and believe Salina - that really bugged me.

Will they get back together in the next book? I'm not sure I care. I'm about ready to get off the Owen bus and see who else is out there.

Having said that, I think this was the best book of the series so far. The recapping was dialed way back (yay!), and as much as I wanted to smack Owen, I ate up all that relationship drama. The next book should be interesting becauase all of Gin's friends are in relationships except her goth cook. Even Jojo now!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Even with what happened in WW, I still love this series. From the first line of book one, I've been hooked. heart
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:32 am

star WW star

I enjoyed WW to a certain extent but it made for very difficult reading. I was so heartbroken by Owen that I now hope Owen and Gin don't get back together.. I can't forgive him and I think I'd lose respect for Gin if she just forgives him.. I like Philip and Eva but I can't help but be intrigued by the idea of Philip and Gin. I'm crossing my fingers that Gin falls for someone else..I don't think Owen deserves her anymore.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:34 pm

star WW star

Ya, Owen needs to do something big....HUGE.....in order to get back into my good graces too. I wish Gin hadn't told him that she'd be there for him when he came back. He should have to suffer knowing that while he's taking his time out from the relationship, she's free to see other people. Mad
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 pm

star WW star
I didn't think about that Dopple. But now that you mention it, I wish she wouldn't have said that she'd wait for him. Now he can just take his sweet old time and know she'll be waiting. He should suffer and wonder if she still wants him. Owen I think this is appropriate. I want to hit him upside the head.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 pm

star WW star

Did anyone read the spoiler first chapter for the next book? I'm just going to say that she's getting ready to go to a big fancy party with Finn and I bet Owens there with another woman. I mean JE already ruined our love for him so why not take it a step farther and have him out on a damn date. Sorry, I guess this pounding headache and upset stomach has made me bitchy but I just can't help myself.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 pm

NOOOOOOO! tantrum

I didn't read the first chapter of the next book. What you're assuming makes sense. I can picture that happening. Owen always has to go to all those parties and he surely can't show up alone. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:22 pm

Jennifer Estep has posted some comments about why she did what she did in WW. I'm not sure if this link will work. Gin Blano

http://www.jenniferestep.com/2012/10/widows-web-discussion-post/
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I went and read what she wrote and even after reading it I know deep down I wont be in a rush to read the next one like I was with WW. I will read it of course but I won't be rushing.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 pm

So harsh ladies, so harsh. Have some faith.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:54 pm

star WW star

I read the blog post and was considering leaving a reply but I already sent Jennifer a reaallly looong and ranty email about Owen so I didn't bother leaving a reply. I might do later on, if a discussion gets going.

I'm still going to read the next book because I love Gin but I'm not as excited as I was for WW. And I'm not a fan of Owen and Gin as a couple anymore...even if he acts like the best boyfriend ever in the next few books, I still won't like him because I'm not very forgiving and also to me he repeatedly chose Salina over Gin, Eva and everyone else, and he'll now only put Gin and Eva first because he can no longer choose Salina. So whatever he says or does in terms of apology to Gin and Eva won't really matter because if Salina was alive he'd still be protecting her and putting her before others and putting Gin and Eva in danger just by letting her live.
I wouldn't have minded Owen letting Salina go at the end if she hadn't tried to kill Gin and almost suceeded but Owen didn't even care that she almost killed the woman he supposedly loves..for me that's unforgivable.

I really am hoping that Gin gets another love interest, I'll be pissed Mad if she goes back to Owen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin    Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Gail Carriger...~... Karen Chance...~... Jennifer Estep-
Jump to: