Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ZA Maxfield

Go down 
+2
Doppleganger
Barbara
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Just finished Pharoh's Concubine - you guys are right!

It was almost Shakespearean. Romeo and Julio. cheers
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I absolutely loved the ending.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:27 am

I'm glad the ending wasn't quite like Romeo and Julieto. Wink

There aren't many authors that can start a love story in the middle of a gang war.

star Pharaoh's Concubine star

I'm also impressed with how ZAM handled the Mormon angle. I wondered for a bit where things were going after it was revealed that Dylan was raised Mormon and rejected when he came out. She wrote it realistically. Well, as realistically as you can write a love story between one gang boss' kept man and a rival gang's young thug who meet during an abduction and near asassination. smile What I appreciated was that she put the situation out there without holding back on how the church considers homosexuality, and yet she did not delve into Mormon-bashing. Very very well done. not worthy
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:00 am

Dang this is one of the few ZAM books I haven't gotten to tantrum so I guess I'll put it on the short list!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Sabby, it is a very good read.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Just finished Rhapsody For Piano And Ghost. While I loved the characters, this story didn't quite resonate for me the way most of ZAM's books do. I guess the wealth and classical music just sort of left me ..... kind of flat. The step-brother angle was a little disturbing to me as well. Not my favorite. I loved the ghosts and loved their story and would have liked to know more of their story. I would like to know where Ari and Fitz are in about ten years. The sequel on this one could be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZA Maxfield   ZA Maxfield - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZA Maxfield
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2