Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darynda Jones

Go down 
+10
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
Greencat
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
uapeople
showmethelove
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ferdy

Darynda Jones - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:11 pm

star Third Grave star

starbrites wrote:
star star Third Grave star star

The Swopes Situation. I looked it up and Cookie said that They resuscitated him. He died on the table but they brought him back and nobody told them. He had been in surgery. All I know is I really like Swopes and Alive or her guardian I would have took it. There banter is just to much to give up.

That makes more sense..I was really confused about the whole thing.

Was any one else annoyed with the whole Owen Vaughn reveal..I thought it was ridiculous..I get it he was humiliated but enough to actually want to kill her and the way he was saying he wanted to to drag her dead body and how he wished she was dead or something like that..how about hating the guy who tooks your trousers inthe first place or the guys that would bully you..and Charley just being OK with him trying to kill her..WTF?!..I wouldn't be ok with someone let alone apologize to someone who tried to kill me, no matter what I did ti them..it was so unreal..why didn't Owen apologize to Charley after all he did try to kill her?? How is he a policeman after that..wouldn't he have a criminal record?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 pm

2shay wrote:
Well, I think we all liked it! So far. How cool is that? We need someone to tell us what the change was from the ARC to the actual book. I am betting that she let Garrett die in the ARC. What do ya'll think?

I didn't know there was a difference between the ARC and the actual book. I don't think I could have handled it if Garrett stayed dead. I love him to much!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 pm

ferdy wrote:
star Third Grave star

starbrites wrote:
star star Third Grave star star

The Swopes Situation. I looked it up and Cookie said that They resuscitated him. He died on the table but they brought him back and nobody told them. He had been in surgery. All I know is I really like Swopes and Alive or her guardian I would have took it. There banter is just to much to give up.

That makes more sense..I was really confused about the whole thing.

Was any one else annoyed with the whole Owen Vaughn reveal..I thought it was ridiculous..I get it he was humiliated but enough to actually want to kill her and the way he was saying he wanted to to drag her dead body and how he wished she was dead or something like that..how about hating the guy who tooks your trousers inthe first place or the guys that would bully you..and Charley just being OK with him trying to kill her..WTF?!..I wouldn't be ok with someone let alone apologize to someone who tried to kill me, no matter what I did ti them..it was so unreal..why didn't Owen apologize to Charley after all he did try to kill her?? How is he a policeman after that..wouldn't he have a criminal record?

I hadn't thought of it more then just I don't like him. I guess I could see him being pissed that he got his ass kicked everyday for that but geeze now that she told him she had no idea what was going on he could back off but then again maybe his hate will be some future plot. He is such a dick!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 pm

star Third Grave star

I was worried about not doing a reread before diving into Third Grave, but not anymore! I just read the most hysterical and thorough synopsis of Book 2, in the scene where Charley is talking to her sister Gemma while driving. I feel totally up to speed now! Even if I had done a reread, that conversation was so funny, I would still have enjoyed it.
I normally hate it when an author rehashes the previous book(s) so thoroughly. This was brilliant. not worthy
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 pm

So Shay if you're still going to the signing I'd like in on a signed copy; let me know bounce It's on order at my library and I have a feeling it'll be awhile so might as well wait for my very own special copy!!! draw u heart
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:13 am

Only 15% in but loving it, didn't relise how much I was missing that reyes action.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 am

Sabby.....sabby.....Got you down! I will get it to you....still in Tampa? I am sure I have your address correct, but please pm me here or on facebook so I don't wind up sending it to Brazil or something.

ETA:: Do you want your book signed to Sabby or Sabrina?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:44 pm

I missed this release! confused
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:01 pm

60% in - LOVE! Yummy coffee laced zinger-y goodness.

My reactions so far have been: smile, laugh, giggle, gasp, awwww, smile, GET PISSED AT REYES, laugh.

star Third Grave star

Worried about Garrett - Mistress Marigold's prophesy is obviously intended for him.

Oh, and I'm seriously pissed at Reyes. I want Charley to fall asleep so she has a chance to punch him! But, she'll probably just boink him again because they both turn into mindless horny boink buddies when they meet up in dreamyland. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather see her smack him, hard, than boink him.

What is this book doing to me?!?

Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:06 pm

star Third Grave star

Lol, Dopp I felt the same..Reyes deserved a punch or two..but Charley's anger at him lasts for about a minute and then she completely forgets his douchery when he starts feeling her up Mad ..I hope in Fourth Grave Charley doesn't just forgive and forget everyone who's betrayed her..they need to suffer and grovel the appropriate amount not worthy .
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Nooooo! I was hoping the Reyes drama (with Charlie) was over Sad He's so yummy but I can only take so much keeping them apart writing Maybe I'll wait for you guys to finish and tell me how angry I'll be.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Showme....you will be soooo mad at Reyes...! But it won't matter. The book is so freakin' good! The best so far. IMO, of course.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:46 pm

I don't want to be mad at Reyes Sad I want them to fight the devil as a couple!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 pm

The best yet Showme and if you keep your expectations lower then you usually do you wont be so upset with Reyes. smile

Maybe they will fight the devil together in the next book. Cause we all know that Sexy Son of Satan ain't going no where..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Had a ball at Darynda's signing....check Facebook for pics.....
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:51 pm

Oh cool, I'm going to go look! I probably shouldn't comment just yet...I just read something that is making me cry buckets!
Damn you Darynda!!!! Well not really, but you know. it\'s so horrible

Now my reactions are: smile, laugh, giggle, gasp, awwww, smile, GET PISSED AT REYES, laugh, swoon, WTF?, guffaw, cry cry cry

*Rushing off to look at the pics*
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Dopple---I showed Darynda your post from when you were at 60%. She got a kick out of it..! Smiled and laughed. She had a particularly good laugh over "boinking". I thought this would give you a smile. She told us nothing except that Fourth Grave will be released in the fall and I think she said it would be Fourth Grave Under Foot. Her new YA series first book will be released about the same time.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:28 pm

OMG! You stinker. And yes, that does make me smile. smile

One last reaction after reading the end of the book: Wow.
With all the comedy in the book, it takes until I'm about halfway through to realize that I've also been taking in a mystery. Then at about 85% this emotional depth creeps in and I get caught completely off guard. It's sneaky as hell, but also extremely effective. The emotional whallops hit harder.

star Third Grave star

I totally called the seltzer (yay me!), but Teresa's situation took me by surprise. I'm so glad we're getting Fourth Grave this year. It's still too long of a wait, but quicker than a lot of other series I follow so I can deal. I think.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:54 pm

star Third Grave star

You know, we talk a lot about the humor in these books but it's the story that winds up captivating us. How the hell does she do that? We adore Reyes but we want to choke him to death or see Charley beat the crap out of him. Oh....I told her that I really, really liked Donovan and thought the kiss was smokin'. She said she really likes him, too! I told her that we had all laughed about the other bikers being all pissed when Donovan gave Charley the key to the asylum cause they wouldn't get to watch her wiggle through the window any more. That was a fav of hers too. I said she was just evil for letting Charley's dad and Reyes both betray Charley....she grinned. Oh...oh....the audios got messed up because she changed the ending from the ARC. I had guessed earlier that in the ARC she killed off Garrett....and that was it...! She told the audio reader to be careful because the ending was different, but still....she screwed it up. The audios are being recalled. She just couldn't stand to kill Garrett.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:22 pm

A question I wanted to ask Darynda in person and sort of...ah...well...lost my nerve...

If Charley were to have sex with Donovan, would Reyes show up and sever Donovan's spinal cord with his big ass sword? And would that be considered coitus interruptus?

Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:47 pm

star Third Grave star

I wondered the same thing. Reyes was pissed about that kiss! GOOD! cussing Where was he when she was giving bikers lap dances for boots or taking care of the chess team? LOL Charley was right, "never trust a man with a penis"!

Poor Donovan, I really like him. Charley doesn't expect any kind of loyalty out of him, so naturally I think he's going to be a stand-up guy. I really like Garrett too. I'm glad he didn't get offed permanently. BUT, I am glad he was able to see Charley and what she really is. I hope he is able to remember it. I think I would have been better about a ghosty Garrett than with a guilt-stricken Charley.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:43 pm

2shay wrote:
A question I wanted to ask Darynda in person and sort of...ah...well...lost my nerve...

If Charley were to have sex with Donovan, would Reyes show up and sever Donovan's spinal cord with his big ass sword? And would that be considered coitus interruptus?

Just wondering.

That would have been a really good question. I hope not though cause I really like that guy..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 pm

2shay wrote:
star Third Grave star

You know, we talk a lot about the humor in these books but it's the story that winds up captivating us. How the hell does she do that? We adore Reyes but we want to choke him to death or see Charley beat the crap out of him. Oh....I told her that I really, really liked Donovan and thought the kiss was smokin'. She said she really likes him, too! I told her that we had all laughed about the other bikers being all pissed when Donovan gave Charley the key to the asylum cause they wouldn't get to watch her wiggle through the window any more. That was a fav of hers too. I said she was just evil for letting Charley's dad and Reyes both betray Charley....she grinned. Oh...oh....the audios got messed up because she changed the ending from the ARC. I had guessed earlier that in the ARC she killed off Garrett....and that was it...! She told the audio reader to be careful because the ending was different, but still....she screwed it up. The audios are being recalled. She just couldn't stand to kill Garrett.

OMG! I am so glad she did not do that. Now I wish I could get the audio just to see what it would have been like. Maybe sense she didn't use it we could get her to let us peek at it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
star Third Grave star

I wondered the same thing. Reyes was pissed about that kiss! GOOD! cussing Where was he when she was giving bikers lap dances for boots or taking care of the chess team? LOL Charley was right, "never trust a man with a penis"!

Dopple! roflmao
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 am

I ordered a new kindle cover this morning so that I can retire the one that Darynda signed. Pink. To match my new Coach bag with pink straps that I bought in the mall while waiting for Darynda. Had fun. Got a mani-pedi, too.

I have the office by myself today so it may be tomorrow before I can get books in the mail. I hope I have a chance to do it today, but I don't know if it will happen or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darynda Jones   Darynda Jones - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darynda Jones
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next