Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!

Go down 
+12
Starbrites
sabby
shirleyjo
Greencat
kimba
hopsngrapes
Oh Yes
doxielover
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Dragonlady
uapeople
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 pm

SB---I just finished my third reread a couple of months ago. The problem? After Gabaldon everything else just seems.....weak. I have just experienced the same thing after reading Lover Reborn. I hated everything I picked up! Finally, I think I am okay. No.....no....don't send get well cards. I think I will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:32 pm

I used to have that problem all the time. Sometimes you read a series and it's so good that you can't even get into another cause it feels like nothing can or ever will compare to it. It's those damn Daily Lines and now that I have finished lover reborn I want to reread that series too. I swear with all the books I have waiting to be read I could almost do a reread of all my owned books and be just as happy.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:10 pm

SB--I hear that! You have to kiss a lot of frogs.....! Hey, in case you don't see it on the m/m thread. I finally finished ODAB! Your post helped. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Glad to hear it shay! smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

My sister talked me into going to a Titanic ball for the 100th anniversary. Period costumes for turn of the century are required but also zombie and iceberg and underwater creatures are welcome. I was going to pinch pennies and get a period dress from Etsy or try finding an old fashioned nightgown and wear a coat over it and dress like a zombie. Instead I wound up getting a Scottish kilt corset and kilt and I figured I would reuse that quite a bit! I will find a way to look like a poor Scottish female in steerage class.

And yes, even Pamela Clare as interesting as the time period and all the research for history she placed in, I still wish it were Jamie and Claire not Duncan and Amelie. I am spoiled. Forever spoiled.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 pm

This week I started a slow reread of the series. I have just made it to the part where Claire and Jamie are off to his home. I forgot how intense this book really is.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 pm

Yay! Maybe by the time you get to ABOSAA, I'll be able to join you!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:00 am

SB--In Outlander? After the witch trial and after she wouldn't leave through the stones?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:15 am

Yup, that's where I was talking about. I haven't got much further but I want to do this reread at a slower pace.

I have a friend reading the series and she just started Voyager and was asking questions that I had to really stop and think about. Here's one of her questions.

Is Bree and Roger related to each other? (Before they married)

I had to think about it but they are cousins right? Because of the whole Dougal and Gielle having a baby right??
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:21 am

I know I've seen that worked out, and it's distant enough to not be icky.

I'll bet Lady Uap knows!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 am

Roger and Bree are distantly related through Dougal. About seven generations removed, I think. Not icky. We're probably all "cousins" if we go back far enough.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 pm

I new it was distant like a lot distant but I could not remember how it was worked.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:24 pm

New Question.. smile

I just came across the part where Murtagh's in the kitchen eating and Claire sit's down to talk with him. I don't know why I keep thinking this but Does Murtagh know that Claire came threw the stones? That she is from some place other? Where is Lady uap when we need her? Shay,Dopple do either of you know?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm

To the best of my knowledge, no. I don't think there's any indication that he knew. He talks, or Jamie remember's him talking, at some point about "the old ones". I don't remember if it was in reference to Claire.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 am

In the graphic novel he sees a man come through the stones and I believe he also may have seen Claire...

Also star Book 8 star it seems as if Roger may wind up back in Jamie's parents time at Lallybroch while searching for Jemmy so I wonder if they told Mutaugh or maybe Murtaugh was around and Roger found/told him. What a mess for Bree and Roger the next one will be.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:11 am

Oh and yes, Dougal is Jamie's uncle and be begot Buck who them had very many generations before Roger. Bree is Jamie's so she is actually many generations above Roger. No incest that far apart.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 am

Where do you get all the great stuff about book 8 uap?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 am

That's why I kept thinking he new about Claire. I read the graphic novel as well. That was really awesome and I wish she'd do more of them.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:04 am

I have the graphic novel and had forgotten about that. SB--Have you liked Diana Gabaldon's fb page? She posts "daily lines" from the new book as well as from the existing books. They are fascinating to read. Also, uap picks up a lot of information in other places. She usually gives us a link. Oh, DG's "daily lines" aren't always posted daily.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am

i just read the snippets from twitter http://twitter.com/#!/writer_dg
the compuserve site is great also as well as many fans sites but I don't ahve the time to keep up most places for any authors these days. I am a few days behind on the daily lines right now.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:34 am

Bree and Roger "Am I doing it right". roflmao
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 am

Is that from Drums of Autumn, Greencat?
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am

That would be, yes. I'm loving this series more and more as it goes on.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:52 am

I need to jump on this bandwagon you guys. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 am

YES YOU DO! You must join the cult of the sucking stone circles! smile

I honestly think you'd lurrrve it. Outlander has become one of the standards by which I judge other books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!   Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series! - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diana Gabaldon- Outlander Series - the whole series!
Page 29 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next