Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion

Go down 
+4
showmethelove
2shay
Dragonlady
FaeLadyFaye
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:15 am

It's 47.84 if you buy all 17 from JCP at once. They are 2.99 individually. It's not a MASSIVE savings. You can purchase them individually and read them piecemeal if you want. They aren't the same couple, only Chance is the same in every book. There are no cliffhangers that will leave you desperate for more.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:23 pm

They are expensive, compared to the size and price of full-length novels. I'm holding myself to only one per day because of that. It's taking restraint though. They are bite-sized little stories, and they go quick. It's hard not to immediately jump into the next one after finishing, cliffhanger or no.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks Fae and Dopple that sounds like a good plan!! I'll start after the first Monk-Magic book. And I'll attempt as an in between read...... if I could hold to that!!!! cheers pray
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:13 pm

That was my plan too Sabby. We might have to keep each other on track smile
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:19 pm

lol! OK Greencat.... sounds like a plan... we'll see who has to monitor who first!!! Laughing its nots me
I'm going to purchase the first 3; probably tomorrow. Will keep u posted so I can get authorization for my next purchase. :whis: flirty
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:18 am

Why didn't I think of that, I have the whole lot ummm, ok, think you will be poke me first lol.
Almost done with the first Magic.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 am

I want to see how this monitoring program works out for y'all.
Who's going to rebel first?

I finished Pretty Ugly (#6), and I'm not sure what to think of this one. It was a little hard to follow and I found myself rereading passages to get things straight. (Then again, I am on decongestants so it could be that my brain is cloudy.) It was clever but something about it didn't click with me like the others. I wish I could point to a reason why it didn't.

Chance gets more interesting with every installment. Does the series end with a story focusing on him? I'm going to be disappointed if Chance doesn't get a little romance of his own.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:22 am

Yes, Chance gets what he wants.

Pretty Ugly was one I never got into either. Like you, it's not something I could pinpoint as I why I didn't think it was great. I just didn't.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:18 am

Oh no fair GC u already jumped ship!!! The monitoring was for purchases; you already got the lot, your a traitor!!!! tongue ninja Fine leave me in the dust..... very sad I'll let u know when i've dropped my anchor to start the first one. Wink
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:50 pm

I haven't started reading yet Sabby honest!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Sean Kennedy's Petite Morts (One Less Stiff at the Funeral, #8) was fantastic! : wine
What is Chance putting in those chocolates? I need to slip some of it to my in-laws during Thanksgiving. roflmao I think this one has been my favorite so far.

I did enjoy Josh's Sort of Stranger than Fiction, #7, too. I love Josh's insecure characters.

So where is everyone else?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:06 pm

They are nice short reads right? Really good for those nights you want to read but can't stay up late.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 pm

ummmm yup haven't started yet......ummmm. Hey does one one of Seans have Chance end up in Melborne and Auckland?? Not sure what my feeling about that are, fictional characters are not suppose to turn up randomly in places I actually know! I know Sean is an Aussie but still.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:25 am

Each of the Petite Morts takes place in a different location. Chance mysteriously closes shop at the end of the story (first 8 anyway).
That is one of the things that make the series work with different authors contributing.

They are perfect for that showme. Great for a bite-size romance fix. heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:29 am

Yes, Chance ends up all over the place, Greencat.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:30 am

It's very difficult to pick a favorite in this series so far....each one I read seems to take the top spot in my mind until I pick up the next.

But Critics Choice was awesome. The first one I rated 5 stars! cheers
I loved how Josh played with all the horror movie cliches. Even the puns were hysterical! Chance didn't have much of a role in this one...his appearance seemed forced and the story might have flowed more smoothly if his part in the story had been limited to his chocolates. But everything else clicked perfectly. The mansion (which seemed like a character itself), the aging actor, Neat!, Cris and Rey's backstory. It is all put together so well.
Josh is a master at the short story. Period.

I'm picking up Wishink Well next. I've seen Fae rave about it, so I'm eager to dig in.

Last edited by Doppleganger on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:42 am

I think my favorite from the the first batch was Sort of Stranger than Fiction. Some of those lines were so memorable. I did love Critics Choice. If you didn't know the author's name you could tell it was Josh's work. He is so talented!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 am

I hope you like Wishink Well, Dopp. I loved it.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Seriously I'm never going to catch up Mad
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 pm

Greencat wrote:
Seriously I'm never going to catch up Mad

Hey GC at least you're not alone..... we'll be the slow pokes together!! hugs wine
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

hugs I feel so much better now Sabby.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Wishink Well lived up to the hype. I didn't expect that kind of depth from a short story - it will take a while to digest it.
Don't think I can say anything about it without spoilering, but it's risk-taking, touching, thought-provoking, and sexy in the weirdest of circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm catching up Dopple! Just read One less stiff at a funeral. And it was my favourite so far I must say. I SO got the humour! I think I'm going to be a Sean Kenndy fan. Is it me or there always a dead person in Josh's stories lol. Chance is very intriguing, the little they give you. I didn't like other peoples weddings, but that has more to do with my feeling on weddings than Josh's writing smile
Loving the different styles of the writers and how they make it work! Ok that is enough gushing time for work smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm

twirling I'm glad you liked Wishink Well. Jordan has gotten mail from people telling her how much they hated it. I found it to be incredibly moving. I was crying with a smile on my face.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 pm

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she's gotten mail like that, because it is a risky setting.
But....it was so well done. Like you I was simultaneously sad and happy at the end.

Woo-hoo Greencat! excited
The dead person in Other People's Weddings did seem awfully familiar (Pirate King?). I still enjoyed it though. Hostage Chocolates! smile

I sooo want to give my in-laws some of Chance's candy at the next holiday dinner. Liven things up like it did in One Less Stiff! smile Have you read Tigers and Devils Greencat? That's the only other Sean Kennedy book I've read, and it's emotional roller-coaster ride fantastic. Also has a good dose of that same humor you read in One Less Stiff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion   Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hemovore, Channeling Morpheus and Sweet Oblivion
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next