Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highlanders

Go down 
+6
uapeople
Oh Yes
Dragonlady
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Starbrites
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:10 am

Series List :

1. Beyond the Highland Mist
2. To Tame a Highlander Warrior
3. The Highlanders Touch
4. Kiss of the Highlander
5. The Dark Highlander
6. The Immortal Highlander
7. Spell of the Highlander
8. Into the Dreaming (a novella in Tapestry)

Whilst these books are not part of the Fever series per se, they are great reads in their own right - with HEAs at a premium (where H can be Happy or HAWT, or in fact both, in these books smile). . And they do have some clues and characters that are linked to the Fever world.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Quick ? Do these books have to be read in order?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:44 pm

I would. 1 & 2 kind of go together then the rest you should read in order.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Ok!Thanks
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:26 pm

4 and 5 also go together.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

I meant to read these before Shadowfever came out, definitely need to make time for these scotty boys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I have finally begun reading these books. I just began Kiss the Highlander but had to stop due to the Feb 22nd books. But I have been told it will be my fav. So I will start reading it again tonight. Keep believe I never read them before since I first read fever like a year and half ago. I am really enjoying them. But what is not to like about men in kilts ~~ sigh!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Ok, dreams of Gwen and Drustan kept me up all night so I had to finish it today! Awesome! But I don't have the Dark Highlander!!!! Ugh! Off to 4shared to see if it is there. If I hear Aye Lass one more time in my head.....maybe a new catch phrase to teach the hubby!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:13 pm

I think their book was my favorite.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:21 pm

If you like these highlanders, you must try Diana Gabaldon's Outlander or even Kerrikyn Sparks's series...both even better In my opinion!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:51 pm

The guy who wrote the song that Daegus likes so much just won an academy award for best original score.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 pm

I forgot about the awards! Was is Trent Reznor (NIN)?

I still think the funniest moment of all the books is Adam in the shower singing Sophie B Hawkins, Damn, I wish I was you lover! Lmao
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Yes, Trent Reznor.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Wow didn't know he did a soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:28 am

So I started the first book and I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer for me. The Adam Black in this story is he the same Adam from the last in the fever series books? Is the King the same King as well? The Adam is this book is an ass. smile
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 am

Don't know about the King, but this is apparently the same Adam. I haven't read these but they have been on my radar for a while so I shall look forward to your thoughts smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:54 am

Yes, it's the same Adam. His story is a journey. No, it isn't the same king, that guy is more a consort, I believe.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:35 am

Yes it's the same Adam. Do you mean is it the UK? Adam is an ass in this book, but a lovely one Wink
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 am

I didnt love the first 3 books... but once it got to Kiss of the Highlander; I'm definitely a MacKeltar Lover!!!! Adam's story is definitely a journey!!!! Having read the Highlander series right before Shadowfever made it that much better; Have fun!!!! :D
Oh and the voice for the audiobook is HAWT!!! (Phil Gigante) that lovely Scottish brogue is verra verra appealing!!! :oops: :D
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Savvy his voice is pretty HAWT!!! :D
I have been reading these books and they are pretty good so far. They take a little time to really get into them but once you start to meet the main characters it's easier to dive in. Going to start the 3rd one in the series sometime today.. I have always read books that we're of one persons POV so these are a bit different to read but I am enjoying the different POV..
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 pm

Supposedly, Phil is really nice in person too. My friend went to the Fever release party in NOLA. He is a smoker and so is my friend so they became buddies and he would whisper his best brogue in her ear when they would go outside. Well her and the other girls as well. She said she got weak knees every time.

So I just started Adam's book last night Dark Immortal. I think I am going to like him verra much! He has a major bad boy personality, so I will probably adore him.
Back to top Go down

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm

I would put money on it! A verra verra lot of money Wink
Btw love your siggy!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:19 am

OH wow I have to remember to bring a pack of ciggies (and learn how to smoke) if I ever am going to be in close contact with Phil Gigante. Because yeah to get an earful of his brogue in person would be worth the lung damage!!!! "aaaggghh ya lovely lass tis needin ya naked I am; I'm going to toupe you like you've never been touped before!!!" Just imagine the finesse one gains by perfecting those rolling rrrrrrr''''ss yes verrrra verrra apealing!!! Wink :oops:

And yeah oh Yes that signature is classic, one of the best lines!!! LMAO Laughing
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 am

I finished The Highlander's Touch. I really loved this one and it had alot of funny moments.. I am surprised to find I really like the time traveling stuff..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Okay it is official I just finished The Dark Highlander and I love this story. It even made me cry in a few places.. I really enjoyed Kiss of Highlander. Drustan and Dageus' stories are my favorite.. Then again I havent read the other ones yet so we shall see.. :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Highlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highlanders   Highlanders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highlanders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next