Impatient for the funny? These books deliver the laughs in the opening line!
Which is most likely to make you snort coffee out of your nose?
1. There was a dead clown sitting in my living room. (Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones)
2. The first time I encountered Death, I hurled my mother’s medical chart at him. (Grave Witch by Kaylana Price)
3. It was so cold out, he thought his cock might break off in his hand – if he could find it. (The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon)
4. “I say we should stake him to an anthill and throw little pickles at him.” (Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon)
5. I'd seen weirder things than a haunted shoe, but not many. (Storm Born by Richelle Mead)
“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones