Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires

Go down 
+2
Greencat
Starbrites
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 am

star BC spoilers

Ok so i managed a little loo time and got another 10-15 pages read last night. Um a split Tate?? Hmmmm
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:03 pm

star BC star

Yes, Split Tate and that is something I never saw coming.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

star BC

What the heck is he????
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Can't tell you that. You better make extra trips to the loo
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 am

I did like Biting Cold slightly more than Drink Deep but I felt it wasn't up to the standard of the first 3 books.

star Biting Cold star

I was glad the Mallory thing got reloved early even though it felt a little anticlimactic.
I hated Mallory in the last book but I actually felt sorry for her in this one, it's not a surprise she ended up the way she did being so powerful and only finding out she was a witch about a year ago and then having Simon as a tutor basically egging her on and losing Merit to Cadogen House and then Merit and Catcher being so clueless. I could actually understand why she ended up how she did.

I was pissed that Ethan dumped Merit again - he's so indecisive and all over the place and he just came across as a coward. And I'm not feeling the chemistry between Ethan and Merit anymore - their relationship has become so cheesy and dull. I don't like Ethan as a love interest anymore, it doesn'thelp that every guy in the series comes across as far more attractove and appealing than Ethan.

I was glad that Cadogen House left the GP at the end. Hopefully it'll bring up some interesting storylines.

I wouldn't mind reading from Mallory's POV rather than Merit's in the next book. I feel Merit as a character in the last few books hasn't really changed even with all the things that happen to her - she's just always the same do-goody character.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Ferdy! Haven't been around in while.

star BC star

I loved this book but I happen to agree with you on the Ethan thing. I did post above that I am just not loving him anymore. I really wish she hadn't killed him off and then let us have a whole book to get over him because even though some people didn't get over him, I did. I was really starting to groove on Jonah and I have always been a Morgan fan. I know he's an ass but hey like I said it's not his fault he was wrote that way. smile

I am glad the Mallory thing wrapped up but I have a feeling it's still going to end up on the pages of the next book. I didn't so much feel bad for her I was just annoyed and I thought her punishment was perfect. No magic, doing dishes. It's getting her back to being somewhat normal again.

I was also glad to see the house stepping away from the GP. I think that will make for a very interesting storyline.

Do we even have an idea what the next book is going to be about?

Last edited by Starbrites on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo's)
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Starbites, yea I'm usually on Goodreads and tend to forget about all the other forums I've joined..I'm not very good at sticking to forums but I'm going to try and stick with a couple. excited

star BC star

I think the next book will be about Cadogen House's deciion to leave the GP and the ramifications of it.. I'm sure I read a synopsis that mentioned about rogue vampires going missing..
I think it'll be good if it just focuses on the vampires instead of having all the different supes popping up. I preferred it when it was mostly about the vamps and sorcerers now there's more focus on other supes.
I started to like Jonah, I prefer over Ethan but that's not hard since I prefer all the other male characters over him. I think it would have been more memorable if Ethan had stayed dead reyes . Morgan was a lot better in BC and I'd like to know how he's got that psychic connection with Merit - after 6 books it should have been cleared up by now.
I think Mallory won't be back to herself for a while..I want to know her story more than Merit - her recovery from her dark Mallory phaseis probably going to be more interesting than Merit. I just keep imagining Mallory and the shapeshifters tackling all sorts of supernatural problems together whilst she's recovering.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:03 am

Hahaha I finally finished. Damn near a month after release. At this rate of speed I fear I will be way behind in conversations Sad

Ok post back in a sec
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Your sec has losted a long time g-p! lol
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Tell me about it. roflmao MOTHERHOOD draw u heart

spoilers BC spoilers

Ok so YES I loved it so much more so then the last two. Definitely feels like we back to good old CN excited

The only things that I had issues with were the rush of Tat's 'new' character intro. I felt it was rushed somehow. I just can't explain it. The whole spliting into two angels. Good vs evil. It didn't fit IMO. I kind of always like his character but then when he went all bad all of the sudden and headed up the drugs. I mean I know that the bad side was apparently influencing this, but again it just didn't jive well with me.

Then there was the relationship with Jonah. I know that my honey pie Ethan is back in the picture phewwwww and I'm glad the love triangle isn't going to be strung out, but the two sentence comment about the ackwardness of their partnership with the guards. I mean they flirted and kissed. She was into him but then blam. I just don't think CN did a good job with that either.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:35 pm

ok that had to become part I for my comment. To busy at work today and I've had to stop like 50 times during my typing. So apologies if my sentences are run-ons or not make any sense. HA tongue
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:04 am

star BC star

I didn't like the explantion regarding Tate's evilness - after all the mystery of what he was and what his agenda was it was too simple for him to just split into good and bad.

I'm disapponited that the whole Jonah thing went nowhere - they had a connection and now it's like nothing of any import happened between the two. I really wanted Jonah and Merit to get something going. I'm sick of all the hand wringing and peral clutching that Ethan does in regard to his relationship with Merit. I thought we had that in book 4, only to have Ethan act wishy washy again Mad

I hope that Merit gets some action elsewhere, I'm just not feeling any chemistry with Ethan anymore no idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2