Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Swan

Go down 
+12
calimama
uapeople
Starbrites
kimba
Oh Yes
b4v
Greencat
DEW
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:25 pm

and no the mods arent jumping on you lol - more like jumping in!! with our own tangential thinking , hey FLF?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:28 pm

We are merely theorizing on possible outcomes of future books. Wink
Back to top Go down

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:33 pm

well i love that theory - i think i would cry along with Papa Dorian smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Me too!

I just saw that the next Cassie comes out this summer finally thank goodness
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:18 am

If one egg was released from each ovary as is the case with non identical twins (- note they had separate placenta's) then she could have become pregant by two different men/gentry/filthy animal.
I reckon Dorian should get knitting smile

Good news about Cassie, but yes Swede she was indeed another trollope! Nice new pic btw - looks a bit like someone, although it may be a bit too athletic Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 4:50 am

that was what i thought too ... Wink i like non athletic looks! it could be Mikey from her other series too
star IC - ok so Dorian and Eug made love in the morning; in the night and then they had that "wasteful" time . . . but how long after the last time was that?? and then from that "wasteful" session - how long til she was with the fucking fox?? it was surely only days . . . RM has taken a leaf out of KMM book, not so much for the cliffhanger - but for creating something that i can obsess about! i soooooooooo want a daddy Dorian :queen:
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 am

I think she let Kiyo do her in the grotto the next day.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 am

star IC

This is what I remember...
Ok, so Dorian and her did the deed like you said 2x in a day (was this the day before though???), then she went away and came back same day (but came with stitches) in her dress and he had fun at the dinner table with her while his ex watched, and then he had the wasteful time that evening. Then she goes to her Kingdom and calls for Kiyo and leaves right away. They spend the night in the unclaimed lands (her to him because it's cold...um couldn't she have asked him to lay on his other side where his feet would be by her head), get attacked in the AM by snakes and a few hours later are in the cave to the crown. They get the crown, find out it has power and she gets all pissed off that she keeps going until they get to Honeysuckle or some name land like that when Kiyo says the horses are tired. I don't remember if they sleep at this point. Stuff happens in dialog between them. Then she is so pissed she gets naked while he's swimming in the lake. They have sex 2x and go to Dorian. So she started the antibiotics the next day after they had sex 2 times from what I gather. If sperm can stay 5 days and it takes a few days for antibiotics to take affect, then it is a good chance at least one is Dorian's from what I just said, right?

Hindsight is making me wonder how true Kiyo's emotions are, did Mia tell him to get back with her to be her bf because she was thinking as long as he was her bf it would insure she didn't get knocked up? Was that his thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:47 am

star IC star
I thought she and Dorian did it after her antibiotics started - pooey Sad
There is still a teeny tiny chance. I'm up for petitioning RM, not sure how well she would take it though!
Back to top Go down

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 1:02 pm

the wasteful time was post anit-biotics but both the cheating times with the fox were also - the diddling under the table was before her cuts, and preceded the last "proper" sex with dorian. . .
sex . . . under table diddle . . .sex . . . then how many days? max 2? before injury and antibiotics - cos D offeres his healers . . . wasteful shenanigans Wink then off with the fox - 2 days tops i guess until they "do it"
so i guess we could still be in the 5 day window! i thought the fast swimmers lead to boys? and the relaxed back strokers were the girls ?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:16 pm

star
Yep, relaxed back strokers are the girls.

So really the wasteful time was when she was scared, and she had already began the antibiotics that day/night. So she had real sex (not wasteful - tee hee) less than 24 hours before she started taking them. I know they take a little while to work but could theoretically start screwing with the birth control right away.

Yep, I bet one is going to be Dorian's and I bet it is the girl, that way when he loves her just as much or more than the boy she won't be suspicious that he only loves the son because he is the o'little world conqueror. Then Eug will realize that he just loves the idea of having a child with her. Done deal - awwwwww I can't wait. Got it all figured out now! :D
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:21 pm

I like it. I'm going just stick with that theory until next year. I hope you're right :o Yes :queen: (That's Dorian)
Back to top Go down

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 pm

yes i like this theory too smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

I asked a pharmacist about this once. Antibiotics change the ph and bacteria in your stomach and intestines, so you don't digest and absorb the birth control pill normally. It's also quite rare for anyone to get pregnant this way although I had a friend who did. As soon as your digestive enzymes begin to break down the antibiotic it would begin killing the regular benign bacteria in your body. Also, the pill is most effective when taken at the same time every day. Literally the same time. I find it hard to believe a woman living in two worlds and fighting a war in one of them has the wherewithal to make sure she is taking that pill at the right time on the dot every day.

Of course, regardless of the possibilities, both kids could have been fathered by Kiyo. The fucking fox who should be turned into a stole. It's all up to RM.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 am

I had a friend get prego this way too. A very bad case of strep throat resulted in a very beautiful daughter.
Fae, I had the same thought as you about Eugenie's ability to stick to the pill regimen while traveling between two worlds. Throughout the series, every time Eugenie has mentioned birth control, I've always sort of thought to myself that women can get prego on the pill too. I looked it up on wikipedia and there is an 8% chance for women who are average users and a .3% chance for women who are perfect users. I'm, um less than average, so this little research expedition was a little scary for me.
Anywho, I still think the previously stated theory is a little more probable, but I'm just saying.
smile
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:44 am

I am totally crap at remembering
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:32 am

Did Eug say something at some point in the book like she was confused that her roommate was doing his American Indian thing so soon and he was like "It's Saturday" and she was like "Oh". SO she could have missed pills as well as much as she thinks she is perfect with their schedule.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:03 pm

One year? Oh, my I really like this series. Perhaps one child is Kiyo's and one Dorian's, he's willing to take them both...and Kiyo is willing to kill both, and mama too. The greater good....JZB doesn't think much of that phrase, and I tend to agree with him. I need to read slower.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Like your pic- very JCB-ish doxie!
Yeah- I can't believe a year...this last book was way better than expected!
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:43 pm

*Iron Crowned* (I can't get the little blue star)

I really enjoy this series, to me, the ending of Iron
Crowned quite a cliff hanger. To be honest, I didn't consider the possibility of the twins not having the same father until I was reading through this blog. Looks like I need to be more imaginative. Different POV's make everything much more exciting. I LOVE the possibilities of this and where it could take Eugenie. She was very busy in about a 5 day span, not sure why she dismissed Dorian as the father when you consider the timing, but time will tell.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:50 pm

If you click on the smiley face it will give you a pop up with a bunch of different emoticons. The star is in there. Also, the word star bracketed by colons will produce them.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 am

For star just click on the smiley button if you are using the 'quick reply' box and it will bring up a whole slew of different emoticons, just click on the one you want and it will insert it for you :flower:
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:01 am

star star IC star star

I have been wondering about a few things in the book. Remember how when Eugiene went to the Rowan land the flowers blommed. And then when she returned to the Thorn land the cacti bloomed,etc. Then the seer at Dorians court said to her 'the bringer of life"...is it because she's pregnant that everything in her kingdomes is blooming,thriving? I know Kiyo told her it's because shes the queen and it thrives whens shes there,but befor she was preg things didn't bloom in the Thorn land. makes me wonder if RM is going to perhpas amke that the propechy isn't just bad,but could also be good.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:13 am

star IC star

I'd be tempted to say it's a pregnancy thing. Is Kiyo trustable with anything at this point?
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:05 pm

Must be a pregger thing and that is how the land reacts to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Swan - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Swan
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next