Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pale Demon

Go down 
+11
kimba
uapeople
b4v
Trina M. Lee
Doppleganger
DEW
gracious-plenty
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
Dragonlady
Faith Hunter
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Pale Demon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:49 am

I could totally share with you DL. Kye would so have been our soul mate. Wink

I don;t know what it is about Al but damn I love that guy. He is such an ass but in a weird kind of great way. Damn does that even make sense. I guess to me it does. HA lol!

I bet he would be jealous a little. Look how he is with gay ghostPierce
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:44 am

pmsl gayghostpierce Laughing
I like Al too, he's one of my faves and he could always change his appearance if you don't like the green velvet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

He is a well developed guy is he not Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:59 am

Well the angry-with-Treble Al was certainly well developed.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Some tidbits about the series and me --- not that anyone cares.
Major spoiler discussed.

1- I never trusted/liked Nick... from the get go, I was leery of him.

2- I couldn't help liking Trent from the get go, too. (Despite some of the actions).

3- I liked Kisten quite a lot, but I did NOT shed a tear. I actually thought that star :arrow: star :!: I think it was written in a way that never made me feel anything. I didn't shed any tears, that's for sure. And I liked his character. I read the short story with him and Ivy first before anything else... so that might be why I've always had a soft spot for Ivy as well.

4-- And Big Jenks would win out over even Trent for me. And THAT my friends is saying a lot.

5-- To give book pimps their due... believe it or not, it was EiH that kept pushing me to read this series.

6-- I feel strangely about this series as I think it has amazing world-building, some wonderful characters, and it is a series that I LOVE to discuss with folks. Yet, it is still not one of my favorites... in that I can't ever see myself rereading it. Yet, I actually own either the audio or ebook of the series.

**For those who enjoy audio books... Margeurite Gavin does a wonderful job narrating the series. At first I wasn't sure about the voice she used for Jenks, but now I love it. Even when I read the books in print... I can hear her voice/Jenks' voice saying "Rache!" or "Tink's titties" or well... you get the idea.

(P.S. she also narrates the Kitty Norville audio books by Carrie Vaughn. I like that series as well.) I know... tangent. Sorry.

Don't put the smackdown on me, FLF.

Oh... and the wedding scene is still my favorite/funniest moment from the series. And I cannot wait for Pale Demon. The road trip aspect of the book, really has me excited. (I know the pain of being trapped in the car with people/traveling cross country.) There is soooo much opportunity there. I hope this book lives up to the hype I'm already anticipating I'll be giving it. I trust Faith that it is wonderful. I adore Trent (even if I can't seem to envision him as a blonde in my head)... can't wait for him and Rachel to be stuck in a car together.

I'm loving the slow sneek peek at the chapters. I don't always read the early release teaser chapters... but I'm devouring these ones.

I'm done rambling now.

Bub... I need to send out your other package.

Last edited by DEW on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Oh... my ONLY issue that is hard to resolve/overlook with Trent is the wolf murders... well... one in particular. Sad The bee sting guy... I can wrap my head around. The rat races and sending the dogs out... I'm fine with.

I am okay with the head bashing, too. I barely even remember that, so it obviously didn't bother me too much.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:38 pm

I just don't see Jenks with Rach.
star star spoiler so don't look if your not caught up on series star star

I think he loved Matilda way to much to ever love any one else. I just can't see a Jenks/Rach relationship. Plus their is a new guy that comes into the picture.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm

That's the death that had me bawling.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:20 am

Oh me too. When she got small to go to him.. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:37 pm

That one got to me too Sad
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:09 pm

I bawled my eyes out for them both.

**spoilery**

I don't think Jenks and Rach are ever going to be in a romantic relationship. But is a little tryst too much to ask? Just a little shower scene with Rach and big Jenks would make me soooo happy.smile

I like Al more than Trent, but after reading the short about Al and Ceri I'm much more suspicious of the demon.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I actually think that Matalina would be totally fine with Jenks getting together with Rachel... I doubt that is in the cards though. Jenks needs his wings.

I was talking about for myself. I love Trent... but a Big Jenks ... yum. I'm ready to go shopping for pudding. Just sayin'!

Back to top Go down
Trina M. Lee

Trina M. Lee

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Kim Harrison is the only author I currently collect in hardcover. Each release I buy the day it comes out, first thing in the morning. smile I am eager to get my hot little hands on Pale Demon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinamlee.com
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 am

I'm eager to get my hands on Pale Demon but I'm too tight fisted to buy all the hard backs of my favorite releases. Then I have to store them, too? That would infringe on the cookbook space. I can't have that. :x

I really don't know how I would feel about Rachel and Jenks in a romantic relationship. Yeah, personally I'd go pudding shopping with Jenks, but he and Rachel may be too close as friends for me to enjoy reading about a romantic liaison.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:06 am

Their relationship feels more sister/brother or potty mouthed uncle to me. It just feels wrong but that just my opinion. I want Trent and Rachel but wouldn't mind Al, he's hot in an evil guy kind of way. He can also change forms, might keep things spicy in the bedroom. Though I think I'm one of the few who like Ivy, I just don't see Rachel making the leap to women. I could be totally wrong however. :?:
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Trent for Rache or someone new. Big Jenks for me. Ivy... ??? I want her to keep her soul. Beyond that... don't know.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:53 pm

I like Ivy with her current man. I'd like to read about one of their dates.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 pm

I like Ivy with her current man too. Personally, I don't see Ivy and Rachel as "together." I think a stable relationship may make Ivy less annoying and angst ridden.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Ivy and Glenn are perfect I think. I love his ketchup fetish now :P

I don't want to see an Ivy/Rach HEA. I of course would love to see a Trent/Rach. Will admit curious to the new guy rumored. Pierce to me is a wasted character. Don't like him. Al can give it a shot, I like that evil boy Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Seriously, you like a bad boy g-p?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Chapter 5 is up. I haven't read it yet. Just thought I'd make it easy.

http://www.kimharrison.net/BookPages/PD/PD27.html

Last edited by showmethelove on Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ?)
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Man I still haven't read three or four, but I may just have too
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:10 pm

Seriously!! You would have never thought that right. :P
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 am

The first 5 chapters have been released? It might just be me but I think that's too much - I like the anticipation and surprise.
Tease me - don't spoil me Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 am

They aren't long chapters, DL. I'm just about to read the fifth, but the other 4 haven't been what I would consider spoilery at all. More just about how they get to the point of the road trip.

Last edited by b4v on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For clarification)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Pale Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pale Demon
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: