Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Hunters

Go down 
+7
Greencat
gracious-plenty
Doppleganger
b4v
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Guild Hunters - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh that's actually a hard decision, Greencat.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:54 pm

But I'm so far away Sad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:14 pm

I finished my other books and am going to start this next! YAY!!! FaeLadyFaye
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 am

This is my favourite of the series! You learn how Raphel and Dmitri ended up as tight as they and why. There are times you wanna grab the tissues, and don't worry times where you need a fan when things get hot.

Would you people just hurry up and read it already lol.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:52 am

Oh GC i'm reading as fast as I can.. smile I absolutely love this book so far and holy shit on chapter 30!! lol

As soon as I finish i'll let you know..
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:03 pm

I know!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Done! I really loved this book. As soon as people want to start talking about this book, I'll be ready.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 pm

It's certainly better than Archangel's Consort was. I'm a little over halfway and don't really want to put it down. I'll be done soon I think.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:43 am

I finished this last night. That was a GOOD one. I'm curious about Holly. I can see her in a book with Aodhan, the broken angel falling for the girl broken by an angel. I can also see her with Illium, the angel drawn the human mortals being drawn to a girl who doesn't see herself that way anymore. She has to end up with an angel, that's just how romance novels work. LOL
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:51 pm

I agree it was better than consort. Holly will end up with an angel, all the vamps treat her as a sister, and as you say Faye thats how romance novels work.

I couldn't get over how Dmitri kneels and says sorry. So he should've after what he did.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:57 pm

That was really sweet when he knelt. That was a really momentous scene for him when he really realized how much he had become an asshole and decided it wasn't okay, for any reason.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:05 am

Finally waded through my lovely pile of TBR books to this book. I think it's the best in the series so far. Dmitri didn't suddenly stop being dark & get all sappy, and Honor just got stronger and stronger. Can anyone remember who's story's up next?

Last edited by b4v on Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 am

There is a novella about Galen and Jessamy next.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:48 am

Ta excited
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:19 am

Not reading spoilers.....not reading spoilers smile I started Archangel's Blade.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:37 am

showmethelove wrote:
Not reading spoilers.....not reading spoilers smile I started Archangel's Blade.

I second that showme !!!
Considering that I still have to catch up and finish Angel's Consort Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 12:09 am

So you guys loved it? There was just too much awful for me. How much rape and incest should I have read about? I like these because they are darker, but I want to enjoy the love and lust too. I just couldn't get over it enough to get into the couple. I wanted Dimitri to be hot and dangerous. Just didn't love this one no idea I was more into the other characters than the couple. I also like and don't like the wife being Honor. That would fuck with me lol

So you guys think Sorrow and Aoden?? Venom seemed to care about her and they had that "I hate you" thing going on. I LOVE Venom!

The more Jason we get, the more I love him. She keeps hinting at things with him so I think we will get his story. Illium as always was a delight. Obviously he's the fan fave, she'd be crazy not to write his story.

Squeee....Javier is being called in!!! Ashwini he's coming to get you Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:48 am

I got more of a Venom/Sorrow vibe, too. I was expecting Dmitri to be darker and more dangerous, so was a bit disappointed that was dialed back so much, but at least he didn't suddenly become or lovey dovey sweetness and light because he was in luuuurve, lol. Jason and Illium are my favourites, hope Nalini doesn't vanilla rise them! I'm excited about Javier and Ashwini, loved their short story.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 am

I think Venom had the same relationship with Elena he has with Sorrow. I'm putting my money on a Sorrow Aodhan hook up. She's terrified of Angel's and he's just terrified of any contact. It would be interesting to see what his reaction would be if he found himself to be the cause of someone's terror.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 am

Damn! If you are right FLF, we will get no action for 200 pages. again. I think I've been spoiled by m/m wanting sex and having it lol
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:43 am

Yeah, I'm kind of partial to sex after 30 pages myself. LOL
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:09 am

Good point, Fae. About the Aodhan/Sorrow hook up, that is. Well, and the partial to sex after 30 pages, too roflmao
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:00 am

I'm about 50% in, and I'm loving it.

It feels like we have a reincarnation theme going on. Hints have been dropped about Honor having some emotional link to Dmitri's wife - her stalkerish obsession with Dmitri, that flashback dream, and her hate of Isis. Besides, something big like that is needed to explain the attraction between the two of them, because they dont make sense on their own.

Makes me wonder if Isis isn't back as a reincarnation also. If so, I wonder who she is now, and why she would be more aware of her past life than Honor. Questions questions questions.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:17 am

Finished! :cheer:

Really enjoyed this one, although liked showme mentioned it was bordering on being too dark. Too dark, and the smexiness seems out if place. I mean, who would want to have sex right after a horrific torture flasback or panic attack?

I was wrongwrongwrong about Isis being reincarnated! And I was so sure I had that figured out! LOL There was a line that Honor spoke, something like if she got a second chance, why wouldn't their children? Made me wonder about Sorrow....could she be their infant daughter? Sorrow wouldn't have the memories, but maybe her instinctive draw to Dmitri and Honor, combined with her fear of angels is it.

The ending was too abrupt for me too, I wanted to read about their next morning. I'm holding out hope that the ceremonies show up in the next Guild Hunters book. But dangit, I really wanted an epilogue. tantrum
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm

It almost seems like it's a contest amongst authors to see who can write the most traumatised character and give them a sexy HEA to boot. It's becoming a bit unbelievable and unpleasant to read. I can see how a traumatic past can create a richer character with many issues to resolve, but sometimes it feels it's just trading on an attack for the sake of impact and plot. I'm ready for it to end.

Soooo, Dopp, who do you think is going to end up with Sorrow? And if Sorrow is their daughter, who is their son?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Hunters
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next