Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Romancing The Kilt (HET)

Go down 
+2
2shay
gracious-plenty
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
2shay

Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 am

uap----We are discussing these books on Defiant on FB. The custodian from the real, true Ranger Island is posting regularly. Almost every word that Pamela Clare writes about the MacKinnon's Rangers is based on the true life of Richard Rogers who established Roger's Rangers. MacKinnon's Rangers are fictional. Roger's Rangers are real. Roger's Rules Of Ranging, written by Richard Rogers during the French And Indian War are still the base line for the Army Rangers. According to Eileen, the custodian of Ranger's Island, the details of the way the MacKinnon's Rangers lived and fought and life around the fort are 100% accurate. Pamela is posting things pretty often about where she found the "facts" on which she based her fiction. When Annie gasped when she and Iain almost ran into the French ships in there escape? That was taken from an account of a similar incident that happened to Richard Rogers......he actually swore when they nearly ran into the French ships and knew the French knew they were there but couldn't spot them. These books are pretty accurate and Pamela takes a lot of trouble to get them right. She has been pretty careful to get the Scottish words correct.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 am

wow that is interesting. I don't want to look on the site until I am done reading so not to spoil myself. Obviuosly there will be a HEA, but the actions that will make book 2 work are beyond me...which IMO tells me Pamela can really think out of the box. Though I do wonder why the French or other colonists or Indians never kidnapped Iain from the farm where he now lives with his family for ransom or revenge or to force the Rangers to help the French....or maybe someone will.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Good question about not kidnapping Iain from his farm. All I can say is that so much of this story is based on Richard Rogers and he was never captured. BTW, we are going through Surrender very slowly....section by section.....so that those still reading won't get spoiled. We haven't even started on Untamed and won't for a good long while. I am sort of enjoying it, but it is really going a little too slowly for me. We have discussed some really interesting things. From the horrible plight of women to the role of a younger son in British aristocracy. And a lot about the Rangers in general and Scots, too; Easy to forget that Annie was also a Scot....but her family fought for the King at Culloden. So...interesting dynamic.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Oh, I thought it was discussion on the new book. And yes, the Cambells and McDonalds I believe actually fought for Britian. Very interesting time for sure.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 pm

No. Defiant doesn't release until July, I think. We are just talking about the historical aspects of Surrender and the reactions of the characters. It is really pretty interesting. We are just now talking about when Annie and Iain get back to the fort. And the flogging...! All the reasons Iain wanted to take the full sentence instead of letting Annie get it reduced. Lots of whys. There are some smart posters. Including Pamela. She comments regularly about why she did this or that.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm

star MacKinnon Rangers book 2 star
Just got to the part where Morgan and his new wife show up at Iain's farm when he thought Morgan dead. Annie sounds like she almost fainted.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:39 am

so there is a 2 day Scottish festival by me...squeeeee... http://www.oldwestburygardens.org/se_scottish_games_2012.htm
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:42 am

How cool is that upa!!!
Squee'ing for you sweetie excited
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 3:13 pm

I see there is dog agility...wonder if I can bring my doggie....though he is not agile...best not though...he hates bagpipes up close. I think it hurts his ears...guess he's not Scottish or Irish.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:14 pm

LOL! I had a dog once that would attack the vacuum cleaner bag, so now I'm picturing a dog ripping apart a set of bagpipes and a verra angry Scottish musician.

Should be a fun festival, even without the dog.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 am

LMAO. Now that would be funny. Maybe Rollo would do that to a bagpipper?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Laiden's Daughter By Suzan Tisdale

uapeople ~ Have you read this one yet?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:58 am

Not yet. was it good? Just finished Marti Talbot's highlander series. At first I hated this series. There would be no smexy and there are a few typos. And beware from book1 to book 2, many of your favorite characters can be killed off just like that...stuff like so and so fell off her horse and got killed, or this one died of the plague or in childbirth. I hated that but it was better than reading pages of teh angony of losing someone which would have killed me emotionally, and i get why. Anyway the books are inexpensive on kindle and weren't bad. Typical highland series but without the smexy.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 am

I thought it was very good. I really loved it. Have you read the Description of the book? It's only .99 at Amazon too.

I have the first book in Marti Talbot's highlander series but I haven't read it yet. I don't think I like the sound of people just being killed off with a snap of fingers. No Smexy at all? Not even Twilight type sexual tension?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 am

I would say there is emotional ties, but I think Twillight alluded to more smexy...though it wasn't as annoyingly lack of smexy as Discovery of Witches (becasue there was emotion there).

I will pick that one up!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 am

Terri Brisbin writes some Scottish Romances and her new one comes out this Saturday and I can't wait to read it. This new series I guess is about the children from her first MacLerie Series.

Have you read Maya Banks McCabe Trilogy? I really loved those books. I think the 2nd one was my Favorite. She does have another Highlander series coming out on September 25th The first book is called Never Seduce a Scot. It looks like it's going to be another good one.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:19 pm

I really like the Terry Brisbin books. I am so behind on all my series. Just finally read Sweet Release and then the second on the series by Pamela Clare that takes place during French Indian wars and they were excellent. No wonder Darynda Jones had the main character keep buying the same Sweet Release book! No Scottish Romance but the second book has lots of Ireland in it so lots of Gaelic and anti English...lots of Sassanach said...and there is a character named Jamie...and some place called Laoghaire bletch ). Coincidence? There were lots more similarities....fan of DG maybe? Overlapping in research?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 am

I really like Terri Brisbin too. I still have quite a bit of her books that I haven't read yet but I have heard that all her stuff is really good. I still need to read Pamela Clare's Sweet Release book. I have the first one I just haven't gotten to it yet. Very interesting about the DG stuff, Now I really want to get to it just to see those things.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 am

From Diana Gabaldon on Twitter "WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART'S BLOOD will be out in Fall of 2013. Won't be the last one, though!"
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 pm

So I really enojoyed a book called "The Rake and the Recluse" by a great new author and photographer called Jenn LeBlanc. You can get it all together or in pieces but I suggest you either get the paperback or read it on a non- black and white e-reader since she includes some really hawt photographs in the middle of the content (that she took herself). Anyway, she is self published and very sweet. Pamela Clare and she are pretty tight and she is going to the next Authors After Dark in Savannah. Anyway, I loved the book and have to pimp it here (though there was no kilt until the last chapter since they were more English that Scottish). If you do read it, and you want the extra epilogue, it's on her site now. Happy reading!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:16 pm

had to post this...hilarious...a friend posted on my FB....

Meanwhile in Scotland
Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 8wVhw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romancing The Kilt (HET)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: Romancing The Highlander & His Kilt-
Jump to: