Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's all about Vamps

Go down 
+8
Barbara
showmethelove
sabby
Starbrites
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:27 am

I'm waiting for the library and ignoring all of you. La la la la la!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:18 am

I need help with my memhory!

As of the end of Lover Mine, have JM, Blay, or Quinn been inducted into the Brotherhood? Or are they just soldiers with housing privileges?

I'm going to have such phun inserting h's into random words on this thread! twirling
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:29 am

omg Dopple I just got on to ask some memory boosters, too.

I don't know the answer to your question. I just remember Qhuinn is JM's forever body guard. Is Xhex part of the BDB now, too? Ugh my memory sucks!

Here's my questions...

No'One is the Scribe virgin's daughter and V's sister correct and Xhex's mother (raped by a sympath), right?

Xcor and T-something are the duo who were in the last Angel series book...they were the ones that liked to tag team women in bed, right? How was the one deformed? I forget. Also they know V is it because they grew up under his horrible father in the group that had Z enslaved, correct?

Is this Tohr's mating book or Qhinn's/Blay's or someone else's?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Well, I can answer some of those. Payne is the Scribe Virgin's daughter and V's sister. No'one was just a young female (glymera I think) that was raped by a sympath and took her life after giving birth. Because of her suicide, she couldn't enter the fade but the SV kept her as some kind of ghosty maid. She's supposed to attend to Payne.

All I remember about Xcor and Throen (?) is that they are the Band of Bastards.

This is Tohr's book. I *wish* it was Quinn and Blay's! I am hoping for some Qhuay page time....actually i'll be miffed without it.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 pm

I hardly read Manny and Payne, just flicked through. But Lover Mine was my favourite of the series. As much as I was so upset about Wellsie, I just really felt that Tohr was fated to be with No'one (can't wait to see her proper name) and I just know that this is going to be a good book.
I know JRWARD said Qhuay lovers will be pissed off; but when quizzed about which book comes next she was "giddy" about it. So fingers crossed it's their book. Also, for the first time, she is referring to it as a book, and not a novella.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:40 pm

I love this quote..
star star
His slut of a cousin. His cocksucking, suit wearing, Monte Blanc up-the-ass cousin, Saxton The Magnificent, was standing next to the Queen, looking like a combination of Cary Grant and some model in a goddamn cologne ad.
Not that Qhuinn was bitter.
Because the guy was sharing Blay's bed.
Nah.
Nope. Not at all.
The cocksucker.
star star
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Qhuay not Qhuaylayla? LMAO

Oooh that is good news can't wait for the next non novella!

Boy was I confused about who is who. Is she a ghost then or is she back to flesh?

Yes the Band of Bas-turds...get it ha haha. Ok I am tired. It has been an emotional weekend-week. My BFF's dad passed away unexpectedly on Sat. Been reliving all my grief all over again so I need some BDB distraction...though I almost read the Kerrilyn Sparks instead because something BDB can get heavily emotional as I suspect this one might with Wellsie and all.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Yes No'one is fully fleshed.... I don't think Ward would try to pull that ghostie Jane thing again. I love Tohr. And so far Ward isn't overplaying the slang. Maybe she listened to the criticism about last book. So. Far.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Just say no to Quayla!

I caught a question ending with a period very early in the book (first chapt?) and the slang seems heavy to me. Ward's writing quirks are definitely there, but I'm going to *try* not to let them distract me. It may require a margarita, but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Ward has said that she cried while writing Tohr's book. I'm sure it will be a tear-jerker so I'm glad I have so many virtual shoulders to cry on! But I can understand if you go for the Kerrelyn Sparks book instead, uap. Those are such fun, and not as dark as BDB. smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I think the slang in the last book bugged me because I just didn't think Manny would talk like that - but V and Qhuinn can verily say anything and I don't mind, true.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 pm

I think Qhuayla will be a no; but Qhuiyla will probably be a yes Sad
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 pm

This is not a big spoiler, but...

star Lover Reborn star

Why, if John Matthew is his own person and his former life as Darius is never going to be revealed, does Ward taunt us with hints and reminders?
If I could, I would run into the mansion and scream it from the top of the balcony: John Matthew, YOU ARE YOUR FATHER!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 am

star Lover Reborn Ch.8 star
Loved how all the boys were sprung watching/listening to JM and Xhex in the alley - and quickly all look away, like nothing was going on . I also loved Hollywood's song and dance routine!! And I love Lassiter heart Amazing what a difference a good book makes.... The slang has kicked in, but I just don't care !! Poor Tohr with Wellsie dress on the bed; and Lassiter seeing Wellsie and the bub in betweentime Sad
This book is G O O D !!!! twirling

Dopp, I have also noticed a couple of times where question marks haven't been used - it is amazing that things like that don't get picked up.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 am

star Lover reborn star
I love the slang for the brothers who would say it...and yes other people would also pick up on it slowly bit by bit by being around it...but Tohr seems a bit old fashioned and in his own world to pick up as much slang as he is saying....on the other hand a margarita would help dismiss that like dopple said...or do I really care when it sometimes adds some funnies to the reading??? The answer is no, true dat? As for John Matthew...instead of a star wars image....I am picturing Chris Farley in the movie Tommy Boy speaking into the desk fan saying "Luke, I am your father"...and you. LMAO!
I loved loved loved the Rhage dancing and the rest wishing the image out of their heads and even Tohr agreeing to demands in order to make it stop for the others. Then the Rhage Easter bunny was hysterical! Missing Butch, Z and V so far in this one, but I'm sure they will make bigger parts later. I love how Wrath loves his golden. I am wondering if J R Ward is gonna snap her fingers and fix No'One's leg...which to me is almost a cop out because I think her living with the crippled leg is part of what humbles No'One and shows strength of character...yeah if someone was hurt in real life I am all for fixing them, but the magical wand used too much in faction can ruin the depth of the story and make it too fairytale-ish...though the Scribe Virgin does like to give and take away so who knows. As for her working with the doggen...I'd liek to see her make the doggen less as work for the vampires and more independent....they are almost like indentured workers but they do it to themselves....it's weird.
I really hope that Lassiter is part of the plot and that when Tohr lets go of Wellsie that he finds something to stay for which was part of a grander plan because I'd hate to see him out of the books.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 am

star Reborn: Spring star

I am loving Lassiter! So happy to finally get a little bit of his background. I will be upset if this turns out to be his last story. I'm also really enjoying the glimpses into the Doggens' life.

The slang isn't bothering me as much this time either. The book is heavy with it, but I'm enjoying the story too muxh to care.

I loved Rhage's dance! Soooo happy to see some if the playfulness they had in earlier books. It's part of their charm and I've missed it.

ETA: I have a desk fan, and now I'm sooo tempted to play with it! LOL!

Last edited by Doppleganger on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 am

star Reborn-Autumn star

I love all your comments. The slang never has bothered me much. Just part of the Brothers world. There is a name, though, that is bothering me. Throe. WTF? Throe? Really? Pillow? Rug? A fit? I am also asking myself if the X in Xcor and Xhex means something? But, Throe? Come on. That is just...weak....and....well.....weak.

ETA: Xcor of the unknown father. Hmmmmm.......No'One's half brother, maybe? One of Xhex's uncles on her mother's side getting a little frisky? Names mean something. I think. Grandfather? Great-grandfather? Uncle? I think there is something there.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:25 am

Throe is defined as a severe pain. Usually it's used like "in the throes of" torture, or childbirth. Although I've also seen it used for passion. Maybe its to represent biblical passion. Dunno.

Xcor is probably from excoriate, which can be to flay, or rip skin from, grind skin from kind of thing. Or a harsh censure.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 am

Or Throe of passion!

star Reborn star

Well maybe X is kind of like No'One in that it is brand X or a no label or a no one. or maybe there is X for unknown like Joe Schmoo. Or X marks the spot? Or X-factor. Who the heck knows. Or maybe they all are part sympaths...like a DNA test?

Poor Tohr.

That sexy time (feel like Borat saying that) after John and Xhex's fight was pretty hawt.

Why did they not look up Darius in the library?

Use the fan. The fan is with you. Fan use young Luke Skywalker (trying some yoda speak now)...OK I've lost my marbles.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:56 am

Xcor---to flay. Hey, I like that!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:59 pm

If the 'X' is silent, like it is in Xhex, then Xcor sounds just like 'core'. We all know how much romance writers like that word! Xcor is a pussy!
I can't believe I just went there.

star Reborn, Summer, Chapt 25 star

I know Xcor is supposed to be a baddie, with his plans to kill Wrath and take the crown for himself. Not that I want him to succeed, but I still like him. Just a little. Throen seems more redeemable though....curious to see where Ward is going with the Bastards.

I like the irony of that name...Throen, Throne, (over)thrown. Xcor (the pussy!) is the one that wants the throne, but Throen is the one he's sending into Wrath's castle. Oh, the phun to be had with these nhames! Whee!

Now who the heck is Assail? I like how even Ward can't seem to help but toy around with his name (Assail, Asshole....lol)
Do we really have another half-sympath who is taking over where Rehv left off? This looks like a job for.......XHEX! Maybe a good fight will knock her back to her senses with JM.
I'm upset with her for the separation, and for using Qhuinn as an excuse for not inviting JM back to her cabin. Then again, I'm upset with JM for neglecting his friend and bodyguard Qhuinn, and for not standing up for Xhex in front of the brotherhood. He knows what he has to do to fix their issues, stubborn male! Oh heck, I'm even a little upset with Tohr for mistreating No'One. And I wish No'One would stop with the robes and talk with her daughter more. Has she even noticed that Xhex has moved out of the mansion? cussing
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:11 pm

uapeople... Ward is definitely giving Lassiter his own book, in this series, not the Fallen Angels one. I think the consensus is that the next book will either be his or Qhuay heart and "cor" is a slang word in the UK for when you see something very impressive !! I noticed Ward use the word loo, I didn't think Americans said that? Or do you?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Loo is more European speak, but with Tv, books, etc I hear loo more and more these days...along with bloody hell and many other slangs...but I live only 40 miles form NYC where the melting pot is...now if only I heard sassanach just once I'd probably hurtles right over and attach myself the the sayer...speaking of...I guess there is no more "The Voice"...dang...you should have recorded that voice...it was you dopple, right? My memory is sucking.

Awesome to hear about lassiter...I am thinking he may be next because as I read this one it seems to be a perfect set up.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:07 pm

heart Lassiter heart

I'm greedy for Lassiter's backstory. I still want Qhuay next, but I might just be appeased by Lassiter instead.

Your memory is good, uap, that was me! Oh, I miss THE VOICE! Even if my productivity at work took a dive every time the man had a phone conversation. He was a contracts manager, and would be discussing cost ratios and crap, but it didn't matter. I still had to listen in. smile Wasn't just the accent although that was amazing in itself. But he had this fabulous deep, smooth voice too. OK, now I'm gushing. Time for a coffee break!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Of course it may all just be a bum steer, we were told that Mhurder heart was in this book - But so far, not one glimpse of that hunk with the beautiful hair!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 6:49 pm

star Reborn-Finished star

heart heart heart heart heart

This is my favorite BDB ever!!!!! heart My opinion? Next book will be Quinn and Blay. I cannot wait for you guys to finish!!!! Squeee........

Now, I absolutely cannot read another word for days. I have been so BAD.....just burying myself in this book and getting very little work done.

Ummmm.....anyone want to make book on how long I last?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's all about Vamps
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: