Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's all about Vamps

Go down 
+8
Barbara
showmethelove
sabby
Starbrites
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Do you think she will find someone for Saxton? If the boys are getting there own book I wondered what would happen to him. smile Maybe I need to quit thinking.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't see Saxton getting any in future books ... And I really like Saxton
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I've never really cared about Saxton all that much. He's nice enough, but I just don't...care. Maybe if there is another gay brother Saxton will be his man.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:16 pm

I like Saxton bunches too, despite trying not to get attached. You know Blay is going to break his heart.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

He is verily a male of worth, true
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I feel like I should care, but I don't. And he knows what he's gotten himself into. He knew all along Blay doesn't love him, at all. He's being just like Autumn and punishing himself in that respect with a guy who will never love him.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 pm

But he loves Blay. Utes her is being a victim. But, cor, the way Blay took him over the desk....he had his victim benefits smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:37 pm

She had some victim's benefits too!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 pm

True.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Will a Fallen Angel get an HEA? Lassiter is there to protect Quinn and Layla's baby. snort.....How the heck should I know? ........stuborn here.......That baby is Tohr and Wellsie's unborn baby....all that needing just as they are trying to get out of the In Between......And Quinn had a vision of a little girl with mismatched eyes standing in a doorway.......between the Fade and the In Between......? I don't know, but I am sticking to my story until JRW gives us enough snippets to change my mind.

Why will Lassiter have to protect the baby? The big ass fight that is going to happen between Quinn, Xcor and Throe over Layla. Layla's sanity and the safety of the baby are going to fall to Lassiter. Shoot, maybe Lassiter will get Layla. Just shoots all the other males down with his awesome Angelness.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 pm

I just finished Crave and I was completely surprised. I read the first one forever ago and I liked it but I didn't think it was something I would really get into so I didn't even bother reading the second one. Then I read LR and thought why not try again so I got crave and started it and WOW. It was really good. I don't know if this makes sense but to me it felt like it was a whole different series but with characters I already new. If that makes any sense. It does in my head anyway.

star CRAVE star

I was for sure while reading this that everything would work out in Jim's favor because that's how most books go so i was really surprised when that bitch Devina won this round. She is one sick bitch. I know we all have read some crazy ass books where there is a crazy/nut job person but she was just sick. Taking Jim for her fun and then torturing him with that young girls soul and the fact that she worked over Eddie and Ad the same way makes me sick.

On a better note I love those 2 angels. Now I can't wait to get and read Envy.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 7:06 am

I liked the Fallen Angels books from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:15 am

I still haven't read Envy. I'll get to it one of these years.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:36 am

please note writing the Lover Reborn thread is now here.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:35 am

star spoilers Lover Reborn spoilers star

OK where to start....... Uuummm I didnt love it... I was never happy that Tohr's book was next because I thought it was to soon for him to move one. But with all the positive reviews I started reading with a positive vibe hoping the JRW would make me a believer... but not so much. Overall I was entertained (or irritated to say the least) and there were a few good things, but I'll leave those for the end.

Here goes my extensive tirade: WARNING for those with BDB sensitivities look away from this post!! I HATED the way Tohr's grieving process was handled HATED with a capital HHH!!!!! The way Tohr had to be poked and prodded by Lassiter (whom I agree stole the show, he was hilarious) to "move on" by being pushed to be with No'one and of course FUCK her was disgustingly inappropriate!! I mean talk about unhealthy emotional behavior; for both of them. I think they both needed to each at least start on their own path of "rebirth" before being with eachother because now I dont know I just feel like their relationship was cheapened by the start. It now feels like the foundation of their relationship was built by the talented architect Cormia who lent them her toothpicks and peas. Example would be (I think Dopple mentions this) why the FUCK doesn't Tohr arrange for the Fade ceremony as soon as Lassiter explains Wellsie's and his sons dire situation stuck in the In between sooner??!?!?! I think if that was done in the first say 1/3 of the book it would have been harder for Tohr naturally as it should and it would've honored Wellsie the way she deserved with a send off not to be overshadowed by Tohr's new found love. Even if the ceremony was performed he obviously wouldn't have fully let go but at least taken proper steps to grieve for his wife of 200 yrs!!!! Than the bumpy progress of his and No'one's relationship could have progressed further like with bonding scent or a bonding ceremony. The only way JRW made this little union happen at all was by spreading it throughout a years time which of course (although I dont think it was enough time for Tohr) made sense for the central relationship to develop BUT made absolutely no sense for the progression of the rest of the story. I mean really in small ass Caldwell they only ran into the Bastards 2X in the streets and there was only one attempt on the King?!?!?! Why not try and ambush some of the other Brothers on the street u know try and widdle down the numbers of your enemy???
And this annoys me to no end I know the stories are all about the brothers but can we have some female to female interaction? I thought the scenes with Xhex and No'one were good but they should've started sooner; but I mean for real Beth, Payne Mary somebody can you take a new female under your wing for christ sakes. Why do they all have to completely disappear from the stories if their is no relation to their males. No'one herself just kind of bored me to death like most of the chosen so submissive (and not the fun kind like slap me til my ass is red but the stupid kind of u can shit all over me and I'll forgive u as soon as u say hello).

Alright I've beat that with a dead horse now for my two other gripes..... ready!!! I HATE HATE HATE the way that Quinn and Layla got together... now hold on not that they did but the why/how. I would've been absolutely fine (although I would have felt bad for Blay of course) with Quinn and Layla doing the deed and Quinn "servicing" her if they were still attempting to be together as a couple even if they were both in obvious denial but at least it would have been an accident or a happy ending to a failed attempt of a relationship. But for Quinn to conciously decide to "service" her when he sees her as family and knows he loves Blay, is cruel. And as for Layla BEGGING Quinn to do it because she feels so lonely and rootless was just sad. I just felt like they seemed like a pair of immature misguided teenagers who because they dont feel love from their family decide the next best thing is I'll make my self a doll to play with ooooppps nope I mean a baby!!!!
Next tirade: UUMM who and where the hell are the bad guys??? Ok obviously the lesser story was shot to shit with no Lash but there still around in high #'s um WTF is the Omega doing on his ass for a year?? OK so that brings us to the BoB's.... who I think are...... cute!! Ok they tried to kill the King; BAD Bastards!!! but beyond that I really like Throe don't know the rest enough and I feel sorry for Xcor. Why did he have to get so softened up so quickly with his self mutilation for fucking over his fuck buddy?!?! And of course for falling for ditzy Layla. I mean who am I supposed to LOVE to HATE!??!?!?!?!!
Oh yeah and I think Barb mentions this but there are way to many loose ends. Where the hell is MHURDER why was 1/3 of JM's book dedicated to him and than he drops off the fuckn map. I could have had all that space for Rhevenge which would have made sense for Xhex's tie-in. And yeah where is Quinn's brother who has him since Lash is not around? If he doesn't come around in QUAY's book I might lose hope. I'm speculating that he's going to become a baddie somehow since were going to need some rejuvenation of Lesser baddies because the BoB's are all gonna fall in love and become pussies!!.

Wow that felt good!!! Sorry if I offended anyone but this book actually really bothered me even though I still love all these dam characters (well mostly some of the females not so much)!! The two things I loves about this book were Lassiter cant wait til we get his book, he was a riot!!! And Xhex!!! I actually liked that her and JM had issues it seemed like an absolutely realistic obstacle for these kind of males and her type of female. Loved the line she said in Wrath's office to JM "you belong with this anachronistic group of misogynists." I almost spit out my juice at that point it was great. Of couse it would have been better if Beth and/or Payne would have tried to say something as well... but i digress. Xhex is my 2nd fave female/shellan of the series I love that she is BAD ASS and makes no apolgies to anyone not JM, not the King not even her mother. You go girl!!!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 2:42 am

OOOOHHHH WOW that was long.... and with no smilies phewwwww
So one more positive note before y'all lynch me I wanted to share my favorite quote/scene from the book its from Wrath:
"Next one of you mouthy assholes makes me pound my desk again, I'm throwing you the fuck out" On that note , he reached down, picked up the cowering ninety-pound retriever, and settled George in his lap. "You're freaking out my dog and it's pissing me off!"
roflmao I love Wrath and George!!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:03 am

Tell us how you really feel, Sabby.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 pm

So, you didn't like the book then, Sabby? Lol.

spoilers LOVER REBORN spoilers

I just finished it last night, and I have to say, I really did enjoy it. Although I do agree with some of your points to some degree, Sabby. I especially felt the lack of female interaction, especially with No'One. It's hard to believe that out of all the other females living there, that none of them have anything to do with her. I thought, several times, that Mary taking her under wing and No'One working in the safe house would have made perfect sense.
About the Qhuinn/Layla baby, I can see where they're coming from, although the reasoning isn't the most thought out, I can see them being really good, devoted parents. Like No'One, Layla has yet to find her place in the world. I felt that was one element that was left out of LR for No'One, even at the end.
I actually think the Fade Ceremony being where it was made more sense as far as where Tohr was at. The whole idea was that he wasn't ready to let Wellsie go, and that is what the Fade ceremony is all about.
I really liked that JM and Xhex's relationship wasn't all miraculously perfect, and still isn't even at the end of the book. It's a work in progress.
Although I do agree that the BoB was a bit confusing in that I wasn't really sure what their role was, there was enough going on with the couples that I didn't really feel the lack of a supreme baddie in this book.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Just saw on FB that Chloe Neill is putting out the first chapter of the new book tonight. I know how excited everyone is to read the new book. roflmao
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:25 pm

Funny how you lose readers when you write crappy books.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Re: Chloe Neil ---- spoiler warning if anyone even cares ----

Here's the thing with that. I wasn't mad about her killing off a main character, but the whole rip off of Buffy the Vampire Slayer --- Willow gone Dark Witch storyline was a bit too much to handle. Don't mess with Joss Whedon!

As for Lover Reborn ---- I skipped that for a book club read as I still haven't gotten around to this series. Definitely not going to start with book 10? Whatever is is.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm about 30% into Blue-Blooded Vamp and it's....slow. Sad

star Blue-Blooded Vamp star

Thank goodness for Giguhl and his sleep sexing! Gotta have something to keep things interesting. The Italian vamps were amusing - I can't help but think of them as a wimpy version of the Volturi. The Vespa Volturi!

So far though, the big reveal fell a bit flat for me. Partially because I suspected it during the last book anyway (or was it the book before that?). Part of it could be my mood or the overall tone of the book. I'm not feeling it like I have the previous ones. Hopefully it picks up.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:34 am

Finished Blue-Blooded Vamp - it picked up!

The second half was soooo good, it made up for the slow setup in the first half of the book. I'm sad to see the series end, but like that Wells ended it well.

I wonder what Wells will write for us next?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 pm

star Once Burned star

Holy Firestarter, Batman! This book is great! We wanted Vlad, and sistas....we got him! Great story!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 pm

I just started Once Burned! Does Leila ever put a light bulb in her mouth like Uncle Fester? Please say she does.

star Once Burned star

It's another 'boy meets girl by way of kidnapping' story, but that is what I expected from JF. yap-yap That's kinda her thing. I'd say I'm disappointed, but I enjoy the back and forth drama of the impossible romance that situation creates. It's one of those romance cliches that I hate to admit I enjoy.
I wouldn't necessarily be upset if JF mixed things up and got her couples together another way though.

Allrighty, I'm off to conveniently forget all the laws of physics so I can enjoy this book. Time to read about Vlad the flying vampire and Leila the human generator! Whee! twirling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's all about Vamps
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: