Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF....I'm so over it already !!!

Go down 
+11
b4v
Greencat
Starbrites
Barbara
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
mlssglbrt9
Doppleganger
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
autumnleaves

WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Unfortunately, CH has been pissing off readers who criticize her books for since DAG came out.

I don't follow CH, but friends of mine sent me several FB posts of hers thrashing out at fans for their comments on her books. I wish CH would take the high road, but she gets really offended and lashes out which makes her look like a bitch.

Definitely don't agree with the crazy stalker fan that showed up at her house and CH had to move. This is unsettling.

I was on the CH site a month or two ago just browsing and came across a new poster that just discovered her books asking if there will be any more books written in the Lilly Bard series (my favorite of hers), CH was very rude in her response to the poster stating that she has stated multiple times there will be no other books written in that series and something like if people would have purchased the books back during the time she wrote them, she would have happily have written more. The poster just discovered her writing and didn't mean any offense at all. If CH didn't want to answer the question, I am sure the mods would have been happy to assist the poster.
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:27 pm

star Spoiler LKH star

Did anyone read LKH's excerpt "Beautiful?"

I only did as someone gifted it to me (no way would I drop another cent on her books). It was truly horrible. And the sex scene with Asher/JC/Anita was laughable whereas it could have had some possibility. LKH talks her sex scenes to death - too much description of everything whereas the reader gets borred before anything interesting even happens. JMO

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:09 pm

So true, Autumn, there is absolutely nothing good that comes of an author engaging negatively with fans. Personally, I'm not one to tell someone on their boards that I hated their books, or the way their story is progressing, but bickering with those people who do just makes an author look awful. I find that the more I interact with an author the more I see "them" in their work. If the author is a nice person that's cool. If not, the book becomes an overwhelmingly negative experience that I won't like regardless of plot and characters.

I haven't seen anything from the newest LKH. I haven't even requested it from the library. Maybe I'll actually be done with it?
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow I'm surprised that CH has lashed out several times.... she alway seemed so mild mannered. I could see one slip everybody reaches a boiling point but that its happened several times is horrible. Especially someone looking into her other series... I mean there presumably buying her other books so isn't that positive?? Rolling Eyes I think the last time I made a comment on her own books thread was probably Dead and GOne and I tried to be very diplomatic because it is rude to outright be negative on her own sight... but I also tried to be honest. I did mention how different the characters seemed or something to that affect. I was curious and thought about going on the site to see what the word was on this book and I just kept forgetting!! no idea

What was the worst of 2011 list Dopple??
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

I couldn't agree more Fae! Ilona Andrews is very smart when she advises other authors to 'say nothing'.

I'm.surprised too, sabby, she really does seem like a nice lady. I forget which of the Sookie books it was, but one of them made Entertainment Weekly magazine's Worst Books of 2011 list. Ouch. Right up there with Snookie's book, I believe.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:38 pm

I think it was Dead Reckoning that made the list. It was the book she was writing the year her mother passed away. Even CH has publicly admitted it wasn't her best book.
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:22 am

Yes, it was Dead Reckoning.

To me, I think CH is a very nice lady until you diss her books and then she just can't control her temper. As Sabby stated above, I would never say something directly negative about her writing on her site as that is just tacky and looking to start something with her and/or mods.

Most of the negative comments that CH on her site are deleted by her mods. It is the ones on her FB page that are getting the attention as there is no one to filter her comments there. Mind you, it is only the negative comments that are getting the attention, she receives hundreds more positive comments than negative.

The LKH excerpt is only like 33 pages. It is a sex scene that takes place in the 2nd chapter of her upcoming book. The descriptions are too analytical and mechanical and Anita is blushing again. Come. On. She has been f*cked by over 100 men/animals/vamps and various creatures - blushing is just ridiculous. And don't get me started on the screaming during sex. She screams for no apparent reason - I actually laughed during the scenes.

JMO, but I think LKH was trying to captialize on the popularity of 50 Shades with selling this supposedly BDSM excerpt. This should have been a freeby to her loyal fans, but she chose to make money to garner interest in her books. Don't think it worked though.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:09 pm

Holy crap! She sold an excerpt of a book due to be released this year? That strikes me as so self-important.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 1:02 am

star Deadlocked spoilerish star
Hi all, I have a bit of a rant.... I picked up Deadlocked and I can't even finish it. Sad So sad.... This used to be one of my favorite series. CH's writing is still good and she still has some funny moments, but I'm so disappointed with the direction of Sookie's HEA. Boooo!! I went ahead and read the end, but I can't make myself go and read about an asshole Eric. He used to be such a great character. It makes sense why Sookie would go the way she is going, but it still annoys me. I would be blown away if this was a red herring, but I don't think it is.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:23 am

Wow, CH really is a very nice lady, but I guess with all the citicism that people are giving on the last few books when it is really hard work and she has lots more engagements she has to do because of true blood, I guess it could get on one's nerves. Plus she seems the type who enjoys walking down the street without people reconising her and I doubt that is the case any more.

I have not read the LKH, but now I want to read it for a good laugh. No Richard this time? I think I will die when Richard actually does JC or Asher....we all know it will happen....though from the 1st 4-5 books no one would ever think his character would never have done anything of the kind.
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:51 am

After further investigation, it seems the excerpt is an Outtake from LKH's upcoming book. Still, I can't believe she made people pay for this crap. I could be wrong, but a friend said that it was an outtake because the scene was considered "too hot" for the book. This scene was not hot by any stretch of the imagination.

http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Vampire-Hunter-Outtake-ebook/dp/B007FEFCD4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337867071&sr=1-1

I still hate what LKH did to Richard a few books ago with him now accepting foursomes with Anita, JC, and Asher. Richard kissing and fondling JC and Asher is so flipping unbelievable it is ridiculous.

I do want to know how this series ends, I just don't want to read the books.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:18 am

Hot does not equal laughter.
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:51 am

My thoughts exactly Fae!

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:45 pm

It seems I had bought it and it was on my kindle. Read it. Nothing she hasn't already done. Not any "hotter" than any of the other threesomes. Don't get it. and one more scene where the male vamp hasn't fed so Anita could do her thing she likes to do. ugh
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:00 pm

roflmao I'm always a bit worried for the poor flaccid willies in those scenes.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 6:07 pm

autumnleaves wrote:
star Spoiler LKH star

Did anyone read LKH's excerpt "Beautiful?"

I only did as someone gifted it to me (no way would I drop another cent on her books). It was truly horrible. And the sex scene with Asher/JC/Anita was laughable whereas it could have had some possibility. LKH talks her sex scenes to death - too much description of everything whereas the reader gets borred before anything interesting even happens. JMO

I completely agree!! If I talked that much during sex, things would get all floppy! She makes way too many decisions during sex too.

ETA: Then again... she seems to enjoy floppy, so I guess it's good for her, lol!
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 8:31 am

Miss - I totally didn't see how Asher's limp penis could have acted as her gag. It would have kept falling out. Ewww, did I just write and/or think that?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:57 am

Ewwwww. That made me do the icky hand flap!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm

LMAO. ugh the picture I just got in my brain...make it stop!
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:44 pm

roflmao

Sorry guys, but now you share in my pain from reading that crap. lol!

I think I need to read one of my children's books to cleanse my brain from that read.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

roflmao I stopped reading LKH a long time ago, but I will never get tired of hearing this stuff! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:30 pm

I have never read LKH, due mainly to the comments like above. Must say I'm so glad I haven't gone through this pain with you. Not that I don't heart you guys.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:16 pm

autumnleaves wrote:
After further investigation, it seems the excerpt is an Outtake from LKH's upcoming book. Still, I can't believe she made people pay for this crap. I could be wrong, but a friend said that it was an outtake because the scene was considered "too hot" for the book. This scene was not hot by any stretch of the imagination.

http://www.amazon.com/Beauty-Vampire-Hunter-Outtake-ebook/dp/B007FEFCD4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337867071&sr=1-1

I still hate what LKH did to Richard a few books ago with him now accepting foursomes with Anita, JC, and Asher. Richard kissing and fondling JC and Asher is so flipping unbelievable it is ridiculous.

I do want to know how this series ends, I just don't want to read the books.

$3.00 for 33 pages?? I never even heard of the series but it sure as hell don't sound that great.

AND

autumnleaves wrote:
Miss - I totally didn't see how Asher's limp penis could have acted as her gag. It would have kept falling out. Ewww, did I just write and/or think that?

say what HELL NO!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF....I'm so over it already !!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: