Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes

Go down 
+6
sabby
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
uapeople
Barbara
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Amending this post because my intention was to not come across as angry or pissy. So I apoligize if it did.
I will admit that yes I'm pissy but it's directed at work because we are extremely short staffed today. Sad
Haven't even been able to eat my Brekkie and it's already past lunch roflmao

If I don't eat then I get moddy.

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Ok Purlies...The new threads are still coming. I will work on the YA and finish up the Romance sections tonight. I will do my absolute best to try and finish them all tonight. Again I appreciate everyone's patience during these last few weeks site maintenance. hugs

I created a temp YA thread for the time being so go ahead and post in this one and once that section is complete I can merge it over to the new one. I am interested in hearing feedback on the Hunger Games to be honest. The movie looks good so the book has to be great. lol

The PURLS site has always had a fun and carefree feel to it and hope that it still does. The reason for the changes to the main page and threads is based on simplifing and organizing. Not for any reason of complaints from members. We are coming up on our 1 year anniversary and over this period the list of authors and books has grown considerably. I felt like you had to scroll a mile down a page to find a certain author or just be lazy and look at the recent topic widget. smile
The new theme/genre topic threads simplfied this and we feel that the traffic will pick up much more so now and create a great discussion of sorts.
It may be weird to some and nothing is permanant around here so if it doesn't work we are always open to change.

If anyone should have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to post.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:26 pm

I am getting used to it, and I think it is all going to be terrific! Thanks, GP.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:47 pm

I really like how you guys are doing the threads. I also have to laugh seeing how we have 2 different threads for some things. One for the Gay and one for the Straight!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:13 pm

OK..all new thumbnails are up. I think they all are ok. there is a nekkid chest on the Dark Horse book cover - please just let me know if that can stay - it wasnt mentioned before; but maybe it wasnt noticed. Anyhoo it isnt a biggie if that too needs to go. Thanks for your patience smile

@Starbrites... we feel that it is the safest option. Not everyone is comfortable reading m/m and some of us (ME) don't stray into areas where books with girly bits are discussed..well, not unless I am forced to Wink but in all honesty - there are over a hundred authors that we have covered across all the genres and to give everyone of them their own thread would be really difficult. So this is an easy separation to help with setting up the site in a more compact way.

But every 3 weeks or so 1 or 2 authors will be highlighted; as we have done - and then they have the spotlight, to tie in with a book release, or a chat - ar a major pimping excercise! The one with Kate Sherwood as been a huge success!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 pm

StillSwede wrote:
OK..all new thumbnails are up. I think they all are ok. there is a nekkid chest on the Dark Horse book cover - please just let me know if that can stay - it wasnt mentioned before; but maybe it wasnt noticed. Anyhoo it isnt a biggie if that too needs to go. Thanks for your patience smile

@Starbrites... we feel that it is the safest option. Not everyone is comfortable reading m/m and some of us (ME) don't stray into areas where books with girly bits are discussed..well, not unless I am forced to Wink but in all honesty - there are over a hundred authors that we have covered across all the genres and to give everyone of them their own thread would be really difficult. So this is an easy separation to help with setting up the site in a more compact way.

But every 3 weeks or so 1 or 2 authors will be highlighted; as we have done - and then they have the spotlight, to tie in with a book release, or a chat - ar a major pimping excercise! The one with Kate Sherwood as been a huge success!!

cheers high 5
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:21 pm

starbrites wrote:
I really like how you guys are doing the threads. I also have to laugh seeing how we have 2 different threads for some things. One for the Gay and one for the Straight!

Thanks starbrites.. It's a slow work in progress smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:39 am

heart Huge success on the Kate Sherwood thread...!! heart

That was an understatement! The woman and her books ROCK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4