Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes

Go down 
+6
sabby
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
uapeople
Barbara
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok... So what I propose is this... Every 3 weeks or so I will have a couple of featured authors within the dick lit thread. That way everyone gets a moment in the spotlight, and it should be a good way to highlight new authors. Ideas???
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:22 pm

Swede, I think that is a great idea! This is going to sound crazy, but I am going to say it anyway! I have a six year old. We rotate her toys and only let her have certain ones at a time (mean mom, I know...) BUT she appreciates them so much more! I think if we rotate some of those threads, they will get more attention and have more of a "new" feeling when they come back around. They're not GONE, just not out for us to play with.
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Too true!! And everything is still in the archives. Thanks for the positive feedback smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 am

There are many things about the new way the forum is organized that I really love. Good work. One question. Is the chat box at the top of the page a goner? I just want to know if we have to go to the big "live chat" banner/button to get into chat now. It doesn't matter, I just don't want to be fumbling around trying to find the chat on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 am

It's at the bottom right now. I don't know if it will be moved by Saturday.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:06 am

Oh. That's cool. Ummm....maybe I haven't looked around quite enough. Pretty obvious. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Lol
The chatbox will be moved back to the top on chat days but since it's not in use to much now, to the bottom it went . smile
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 am

Makes perfect sense to me, GP! Stow it in the closet with the extra blankets!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:44 am

Laughing Shay

Too cute
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:00 am

I have a request. Could we please change the topic avatars to make the site home page safe-for-work? I don't care if the discussion threads (obviously) or gallery or personal avatars are SFW. But it would be nice to access the home page and get to my PMs from my work pc during the day. (It has a real keyboard, where my phone has a frusteating touch screen.)
I wouldn't dare pull up the site ony work pc now...not that I plan to do that often, but it would be nice to have the option. There are only 3 topic avi's now that could getme into trouble...surely that's not a big deal to switch out?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:19 am

I agree with Dopple on this. I can't pull the home screen up in my office either, most of the time. I always have to be so careful about who might be standing around, or picking up something and popping in my office unexectedly. If I could just see what the new posts are without flashing naked bodies in my office, it would be a bit easier. If I want to go into one of the threads with the more explicit pics, I can either wait until lunch or pull it up on my ipad on my lap or something. I don't want to deminish the impact of the main page, but we do.....thankfully..!....get a little X-rated.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:37 am

We also have no control over who may follow a link to the site, or whether those people are at work. The naughtiness should be at leadt one click in from where the content warning is posted, out ofcourtesy to people who.aren't already familiar with the site.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:41 am

My problem is more likely to be that I forgot to minimize or something before someone calls me out of the room. There is a death penalty for anyone actually messing with my pc.

ETA: And, my office is the main customer area of the building. Sooooo.....I have to be uber careful, and there are times of the year when we are especially busy that I don't dare bring up this forum. I tend to get a little distracted sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 am

I keep thinking some poor soul is going to think this is a knitting forum and get one hell of a shock!

I'm pretty sure Devon Monk thought we were a knitting & reading club when she showed up for our chat...at least she got the reading part right!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Or some poor soul checking out our smilies! Never change our smilies! Unless you want to add some more uber sexy ones, GP!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 3:35 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Okay, I had to look to see what you guys were talking about. I didn't even realize we had had a naked butt on our home page. LOL I'm observant!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:29 pm

There are actually 3 pics on the home page that would cause me (or anyone else surfing at work) trouble. Not just the naked butt, but also the big 'ole torso and the shirtless guys making out. I love th pics, but pkease remove them from the home page and replace them with something less risque.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:13 pm

I get it. I know a few folks have pm'd me about this request and I meant to get back to you guys on it.

I'm kind of in the same boat with work pc. As long as I stay off the gallery and home page then I'm ok, but I do have to frequent the main page so it might be a good idea.

Sorry about the delay in my response Dopp
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Oops sorry. I have removed everything that I think could be offensive, including the terms "dick lit" and "friction fiction" . I am guessing you meant Ethan's book cover as being the naked torso ? Anyway I took them all down, I will only be able to put new safe ones up after the weekend though. Again ... Sorry, and I apologise for not having seen this before
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Awesome Swede!!
Mucho gracias hugs
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks, Swede. That will be a better.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks, much better! Well, not as pretty, but I have confidence that it will be decorated again soon!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:39 pm

I can understand the naked pics but I don't think Ethan's cover is risque at all. BDB has much more sensual covers. Most books in PR have the naked man torso. Oh well. Either way doesn't bother me but I like his cover.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:40 pm

The bare torso is NSFW. Period. The BDB covers with the torsos (Lover Mine, Lover Avenged) are also NSFW. Doesn't matter if *I* find it offensive, it's what people walking through my work area might find offensive. That's pretty standard workplace policy, and I'm not the only one that might possibly access the site's home page from a public or employers computer. I know a lot of us have posted links to PURLS on FB, Goodreads, or other forums. So there are a lot of links floating around the internet that might bring new people to our site.

The courteous thing to do is to keep the potentially offensive stuff at least one click away from the content warning.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next