Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabina Kane Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: ******Silver-Tongued Devil Spoiler Thread******   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 am

After several years as a magazine editor and freelance writer, Jaye Wells finally decided to leave the facts behind and make up her own reality. Her overactive imagination and life-long fascination with the arcane and freakish blended nicely with this new career path. Her Sabina Kane urban fantasy series is a blend of dark themes, grave stakes and wicked humor. Jaye lives in Texas with her saintly husband and devilish son. Her work is represented by Rebecca Strauss of McIntosh & Otis.

Sabina Kane Series:

Violet Tendencies
A Sabina Kane Short Story

1. Red-Headed Stepchild
2. The Mage In Black
3. Green-Eyed Demon
4. Silver-Tongued Devil

The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, vol 2 (anthology): ”Vampsploitation” is a prequel short story to Red-Headed Stepchild. It also sets up backstory for The Mage in Black. Due out September 21, 2009.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 am

After several years as a magazine editor and freelance writer, Jaye Wells finally decided to leave the facts behind and make up her own reality. Her overactive imagination and life-long fascination with the arcane and freakish blended nicely with this new career path. Her Sabina Kane urban fantasy series is a blend of dark themes, grave stakes and wicked humor. Jaye lives in Texas with her saintly husband and devilish son. Her work is represented by Rebecca Strauss of McIntosh & Otis.

Sabina Kane Series:
Violet Tendencies
A Sabina Kane Short Story

1. Red-Headed Stepchild
2. The Mage In Black
3. Green-Eyed Demon
4. Silver-Tongued Devil

The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance, vol 2 (anthology): ”Vampsploitation” is a prequel short story to Red-Headed Stepchild. It also sets up backstory for The Mage in Black. Due out September 21, 2009.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:42 am

Loving this book so far. Only about 15% in but heart it

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:43 am

Jaye has become one of my absolute favorite new writers. I was hooked from the get go with her first book Red-Headed Stepchild. Great plot and very engaging characters.

I am a huge fan of JW !! excited
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:40 pm

I didn't know about Vampsploitation! I'll have to look for that one tonight.

For me this series is all about Giguhl! Ok, so there is some other stuff I like. But Giguhl always steals the show.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Me too! Just read a little more over my lunch break. heart
So far, it's good....needs more Giguhl, but I think that's about to change.

I'm so ready to see Giguhl's Roller Derby!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm

I love me some Giguhl. His personality reminds me so much of Jenks from KH series. heart

I too read more on lunch break. I can't wait to see this Roller Derby gig. roflmao
I feel bad for Bina though because he didn't ask her to be on his new team. Sad
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes I too love Giguhl. He is very Jenks like.

But you know me and I always go for the 'other' guy. I heart Slade the most
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 am

I left off last night at the most horrible spot imaginable ~90% through the book. Badness is happening. Big horrible badness. But it was latelatelate and I HAD to sleep.

How far are you g-p? I don't want to spoiler but man a lot has happened. The book had a slow start, and I was beginning to worry this would be a low point in the series. The murders in the beginning of the book seemed disconnected from the plot later and I was wondering why the heck they were given so much page time. And I was missing my Giguhl!

But then about 30-50% in, it took off with relationship drama, all that info from the murders started clicking in to place, and Giguhl got more page time. I can't wait for lunch so I can read the rest! I'm so worried about....somebody. And somebody else too. And Mac and Georgia.

Is it lunchtime yet?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 am

I'm at 70% now.

I was a tad bit worried but then I have a huge feeling that something big was coming soon. I am really loving it so far.
I'm at the Maisie part were they drugged her. Lol

My lunch is in a half hour and I will be diving back in Wink

Poor Slade heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

My heart is just breaking for MAC Sad
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:45 pm

I finished during lunch. I went from ”Shit! Nononono!“ to wanting to cry, to feeling hopeful, to......the ending that I don't want to spoiler. All in roughly the last 20 pages.
I've got some seriously mixed feelings about the ending.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Oh Shit Dopp!!!

wtf
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I can't wait for you to finish g-p! I need group therapy.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:55 am

wtf is happening????
I'm at 90%

Jaye.... What'ya doing girl??? why!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I downloaded Violet Tendencies and Red-Headed Stepchild.. When I get ready to start these books should I read VT first and then go to RHSC? How would you read these?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Red-headed stepchild, then Mage in Black before Violet Tendencies. (Violet Tendencies is book # 2.5)

These are so much fun!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Shoot I need to fix that up top to make the correct order. scratch
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:51 am

ok I finished this last week and just now able to give my review. phewwwww

OK at first I was like, ok things are moving pretty good. I love the concept of Giguhl and his new Roller Derby team since he no longer was fighting in the ring. I had a feeling that like Dopp said above, this was going to be the book that was either the 'BLAH' book of the series or the book that will change everything.
Well this is definitely the book that 'changed' everything IMO. I serious was not even expecting what happen to Maisie to happening. That can from no where actually. So I like that it was in no way predictable.
Adam even though I adore & heart I found to be a bit of a baby. I think he over-reacted about the whole Bina/Slade history. I mean come on now, what happen was in the past and they were not even together so, who cares what transpired between them. It's obvious how much she loves Adam.
Now having said that...I was really bummed about Slade's whole situation. He got the shit end of the stick for sure. I was always more partical to him over Adam. (Surprising eh?)
If he is no longer #1 man that runs the vamps, then what will be the point of his character for future books? It would make me very sad very sad if he becomes a nobody all of a sudden.

Sabina's turn.....Ah Sabina. I actually miss her kicking ass side. The mage side was slightly boring and I found that I wanted to skim over parts of her scenes. Then if Giguhl entered, then I would concentrate a little more. This is not a good sign for me personally when I see this start to happen with the main character.

Relatively..it was just ok for me up until the 90% point came. Then I was like Holy Shit wtf

The ending was so not even what I expect so kudos to Jaye. It maybe me go back and rethink the beginning and middle and understand why she did what she did with this book. The one to change it all.
I naturally will be very impatient waiting for the next installment. Can't wait to see others POV.
I really hope more folks will pick this series up because it's fantastic IMO. If you love Jenks from KH' Hollows series, then you will absolutely LOVE GIGUHL!!!!!!

Overall star star star star S
4/5
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:28 pm

very happy Can't wait for this chat!!!! excited fiesta
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:21 pm

I am seriously jonesing for Blue Blooded Vamp now. When that comes out I'm going to cry real tears because there are no more Jaye Wells books in the pipeline (yet). Sabina Kane Series 2307602982

I agree with you about Adam being a wuss in STD. Maybe I need a reread of GED to remind me of what point their relationship was then, but I thought he overreacted too.

That crazy ending distracted me from Giguhl for a bit....but now I keep coming back to that argument between PW and Giguhl, the one where his freedom from Sabina came up. Is Giguhl going to get free from the hairless cat form and from Sabina?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sabina Kane Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabina Kane Series   Sabina Kane Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabina Kane Series
Page 1 of 1