Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ONCE BITTEN

Go down 
+6
Doppleganger
Trina M. Lee
Greencat
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes Trina's characters and plot surpass LKH big time in my opinion.
I really did enjoy the earlier Anita books, but now.....

But then I keep reading them.

Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:53 am

Ok, so She watched Arys kill a woman and had no issue...and he had had sex with her before...being a ho really shouldn't deem a death warrant...she said he was one of the good ones who kills discriminately....it really shoudl bother me more than it does, but he is HAWT! Now who is this witch chick that she can kill a demon...I wonder if she isn't human or is Alexa is possibly witchy as well (or if the witch chick knows more than she is saying). I do still like Kale and the white wolf guy is still too sweet, but maybe he really isn't and we only think that...hmmmm.

Last edited by uapeople on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong word chosen)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:01 am

Yes, I keep reading Anita also, but I can sum in the last few books...lunch date in her office, Anita almost gets killed, ardeur comes...big orgy, guilt, Richard almost gets them killed and runs off, more sex, jealousy between her lovers, book ends, nothing gets resolved except a new sex partner (s) are added. What ever happened to when Anita doesn't use her necromancer power, bad things happen? really, when is the last time she worked (and not had sex in the office or went to a lunch date)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:06 am

i have said this to trina and no bullshit - i prefer this take on the whole triangle thing then LKH smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:04 am

Agree!!!
Plus Trina gave us Arys & Kale Wink heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 am

Ok so she slept with Arys and he got wolf attributes and she vampire ones. The wolf boy found out, but again was way too sweet about it. Get some balls there pup! Hated that he ate the neighbor's dog, but can't wait to find out more. Why do I have to be at work? I wonder if the boss knows or suspects. And who is the wolf that killed her family, turned her and that the boss warned her away from? Will Arys, now that he has her memories try and help her find and kill the black wolf? Does Arys know who it is? Will more sleeping together give Arys the power to actually shift. OMG, I've been green-eyed! Right, 2shay?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 am

Work sucks, you should totally call in so that you can continue to read on. Trust me all your answers get answered by the end Wink
This is so exciting, just wait for when Trina does her live chat with us. bounce
I don't want to say to much cause I don't want to ruin the mystery smile
Back to top Go down
Trina M. Lee

Trina M. Lee

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:06 am

uapeople wrote:
Ok, so She watched Arys kill a woman and had no issue...and he had had sex with her before...being a ho really shouldn't deem a death warrant...she said he was one of the good ones who kills discriminately....it really shoudl bother me more than it does, but he is HAWT! Now who is this witch chick that she can kill a demon...I wonder if she isn't human or is Alexa is possibly witchy as well (or if the witch chick knows more than she is saying). I do still like Kale and the white wolf guy is still too sweet, but maybe he really isn't and we only think that...hmmmm.

Couldn't help but want to clarify that Arys' discrimination means he has boundaries. For example, he doesn't kill kids. Otherwise he is a killer and he doesn't feel bad about it.

By the way, I'm so glad you're enjoying it. :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.trinamlee.com
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

Thank you so much Trina! I know he obviously has boundaries. I was stuck in a dull meeting and snuck in some more reading. Ugh I don;t like that chick Cat, I have this feeling that she is lying or there was way more to it. And things almost got heavy with he bartender wolf but then his little human girlfriend stopped by- and I don't believe he only went on one date with her. Can't wait to read more after work!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:05 am

And I just have to add...even if you loved someone and they wronged you big time, if you loved them you usually don;t want to kill them (or if you do you would want to be there to see it and confront him I would think). I just don't believe her. Maybe someone is forcing her to contract Lex by kidnapping someone. I am sure that it all has something to do with Ary's fiance. Maybe he went to all lengths to save her or something.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Adding these to my TBR pile.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 pm

I LOVE your avatar, Kimba.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:21 pm

me too... we should all have cartoon pics next week smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:51 am

Just finished rereading Once Bitten. Good, good book. Great story. There is so much lurking between the lines. Am I right? Was Alexa only 17 when she first had sex with Raoul? If that is right, it was just a year after he had killed her family and changed her. He was screwing the 17 year old daughter of one of the 2 women he says he loved...! What a scumbag. Jeez...Zoe was right to kill him. I doubt that he ever even thought that a strong, powerful role model should never, under any circumstance allow that sort of relationship to develop with someone under his authority. I don't think he ever had a clue how bad his actons were. I just hope that Alexa comes to realize that, no matter what her feeling were, she was raped. If she was already older, while it wouldn't exactly be rape, it was still undue influence. I hope she eventually feels okay about everything. Her lovers and her friends can help, but this is something she will have to heal herself. I hate that she ever cried for Raoul.
Back to top Go down
Trina M. Lee

Trina M. Lee

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 pm

I think many 17 year olds (or teens in general) have that first love that they fall for without realizing how damaging it is to them. Alexa was willing and consenting but there was a vast age difference and as you said, he was supposed to guide her.

Just an FYI: I know in many places 18 is the legal age of consent, but the age varies in other places and currently, 17 is legal where I live.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Ok here is my two cents worth on this subject. Trina I know that you and I have discussed this already. smile

The sex between Alexa & Raoul when she was 17 did not bother me in the least. It might be because of our age difference shay. (no offense just making a point)

To a 17 yr old girl who thinks she is in love with an older guy, this is huge. We don't think about the age difference at all. She's in love, so why would it matter, right? It was consensual between the both of them.

Now here in Texas at 17 you are considered an adult. I know it doesn't make it right, but bottom line is, there are sadly 12-13 yr olds having sex and even having babies. I know this for all the classes I am currently going through for foster/adoption. Alexa knew what she was doing. Any 17 yr old girl knows what she is doing in a situation like that. So rape is way too strong of a word for me to describe that shay. Sorry

Now from Rauol's point.
Damn I a guy who is getting older, but man do Istill got it. I can shag this 17 yr old hottie!!!The chick is crazy about me. He is a scumbag for mostly taking advantage of her knowing that he really didn't return the same feelings like she did. But Rauol was before her and even after her, A man whore. Just another notch in his belt per say

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:54 pm

You know, gp, I don't exactly disagree with you. But, I don't think the age is exactly the problem. Most 17 year old girls are going to be attracted to an older, powerful, successful authority figure. It wasn't Alexa's fault, and rape may be too strong a word. I do think the fault lies with the older man. He should have never let that happen. She would have had memories of a first serious crush instead of a heartbreaking affair. He would have had memories of the beautiful young woman who adored him. They could have been friends forever.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:03 pm

I think it's different for a mature man. Most older men have an aging complex. So when they are shown attention from the younger gal's, this is pretty big to them. To me it's disgusting. Men!!! Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Especially, Roaul. Just one year earlier he had killed her mother and changed her. Alexa didn't know that, but he did. He "took" the 17 year old daughter of one of the two women he ever loved. Alexa may have thought she knew what she was doing, but had no idea of what a betrayal she was being set up for. Veryl told Alexa that Raoul intended to tell her what he had done. Why? Why would he ever think of telling Alexa that? He knew it would be cruel. You can call what he did anything you want, but Raoul used Alexa in a terrible way. If it wasn't a physical rape, he knew he would at some point in time be fucking with her head. And stated his intentions to do so. "Hey, baby, how'd you like screwing your mother's killer?"
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Ya he's a bastard through in through girl. He got his in the long run.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Yes, he did. There is justice. :D
Back to top Go down
Trina M. Lee

Trina M. Lee

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Honestly, I still feel cheated that Alexa never got to be the one to kill him. Even though I'm the writer, some things write themselves and I have to let it fall naturally as it reveals itself to me.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Well, the way you wrote it works great for me. Look at the great discussions we have had! The story is perfect. Most things never have a perfect closure. That's life. Just keep listening to your characters as they reveal themselves, and I will keep reading. And discussing, of course!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Ahem.....I tend to be a very emotional reader. If I get seriously pissed off at something one of your characters does you will just have to be patient with me, I will work it out. But, if your characters dont engage me enough to upset me, something is wrong. You know what they say...you can only be hurt by the ones you love. I am lovin' your threesome.
Back to top Go down
Trina M. Lee

Trina M. Lee

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 pm

No worries. They piss me off sometimes too. Once I get writing, it really does write itself. For example, the twist with Raoul at the end of Once Bitten. I didn't plan that. I didn't know it was coming until I got to that point. So be mad if you need to be. Just don't direct it my way because I have little control over the voices in my head. Hehe.

Oh and I'm an emotional writer. Anything that upsets or hurts you guys has already upset and hurt me too. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ONCE BITTEN   ONCE BITTEN - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ONCE BITTEN
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next