Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name your Literary Poison ....

Go down 
+18
Starbrites
Mochabookluver
calimama
lornadune
Greencat
hmashburn
caligrl
sabby
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
b4v
hopsngrapes
planetcheese
Doppleganger
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:38 am

Can. Not. Resist. Peer. Pressure.

I'm starting Spider's Bite tonight. reading
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 am

It's so good. I love the Elemental Assassin series.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:45 am

Yay! I knew you would love it :)New book out next week and 3 people reading it sounds like a very good reason for a JE thread. Plus it's just awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:30 pm

WooHOo cheers Dopp
high 5

I'm thinking you will love it too

Oh and.....DONE on the new Estep Thread creation Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:09 am

After Blood Bound and the emotional rollercoaster it sparked in me PLUS reading the new Ilona Andrews snippet (it is a Raphael and Andrea doozy), I decided to read the 2nd book in the Sex and the City prequel book (Summer In the City). I figured that shouldn't make me cry. Then I have big decisions to make on my TBR pile but I have a very busy week ahead of me so alas I don;t see much reading happening.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 am

(uap)) I worried about you with Blood Bound. The Sex and the City prequel sounds like fun though. Hopefully that will get you off the literary emotional roller coaster.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 pm

hugs Barb hugs
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks air kiss
Back to top Go down
caligrl

caligrl

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:21 pm

I read Spider's Bite last week while on vacation. I absolutely loved it. I've already downloaded book 2 to the Kindle. Thanks for the recommendation!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Damn! Didn't I just say on a different thread that I am NOT starting any new writers? You guys! Off to amazon to check it out!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:06 pm

2shay wrote:
Damn! Didn't I just say on a different thread that I am NOT starting any new writers? You guys! Off to amazon to check it out!

But there is heaps of us reading it for the first time 2shay, we will take responsibilty for peer pressuring you so you don't feel bad.

confused I am an enabler tantrum
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:32 am

I'm halfway through book 2 of Elemental Assassins.
Fabulous !!!
Shay I'm loving it.... Gin is kickass
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:47 am

I will catch up honest GP. I started Rifter inbetween now I'm stuck no idea
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:49 am

Okay...I didn't bite....snark....on Spider's Bite.....I read the amazon preview and it looks too magicy, witchy for me. I enjoy an occasional witch as a side character, but I wind up never finishing the ones that are mostly witchy. I like urban fantasy, but if the world gets too far away from MY KNOWN WORLD, I just can't hang. Heavy fantasy and sci-fi don't live long in my kindle. Patricia Briggs is about as far as I can go....her fairies almost make me skip around, but her main story line is wolves, shifters and vamps....so I have stayed with the series. I have long since dropped Cassie and the one with the little pixie guy, Jinx. Too dependent on magic. Carry on. Have fun. Oh....couldn't do Rifter either. Same reason.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 am

Yeah, Elemental Assassin series is similar to The Hollows (the series with Jenks) in terms of magic use, and it's importance on the story. If you don't want a lot of fantasy stuff mucking up your story this isn't the series for you.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:37 am

Ok people I need someone to tell me what Rifter is and where can I get it? So basically I need deets! ! smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:42 am

Rifter is an m/m (it's about gay guys) fantasy serial from Weightless books. It's by Ginn Hale. So far 7 of the 10 installments have been published with new ones published every second Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 am

Starbrites wrote:
Ok people I need someone to tell me what Rifter is and where can I get it? So basically I need deets! ! smile

Everything FLF said but here's the link just to make it easy smile It's sooo good! It is similar to Fever in that we get pieces and have to figure it all out.

http://blindeyebooks.com/rifter.html
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:38 am

Shay if you don't like magic you wouldn't like Elemental Assassin. She mostly does just hack people up with her knives smile

Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 am

Okay, for all of you who wanted to check out a Fictionwise sale here you go! It's 50% off entire cart and expires Sept 26th. The code to enter is 092311. Here's the link to check it out. New releases to FW site are an additional 15% off. So a possible 65% off!!!!!

http://www.fictionwise.com/
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 am

Has anyone read Melissa Mayhue?

I read her first book called Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband over the weekend. I loved it. Time Travel,Highlands and Faerie magic.

I don't know what happened to me but I have become a complete Time Travel, Highlanders, Romance freak! Damn Karen Marie Moning and Diana Gabaldon for introducing those HAWT Highlanders to me.. shake it baby
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 am

roflmao @ Starbrites! Yep....Damn those women for writing those fun, sexy stories!

star Supernova star by CL Parker

Okay. Truth. This book was a really slow start for me. First book in a series sort of slow, I guess. Lots of stuff bothered me. Hmmmmm.....somewhere around the 1/2 way point it all changed. Not the book....me. I got so caught up in this unusual story that nothing bothered me except that it was going to end. I liked it...a lot! If you were at Darynda's chat, you might remember CL Parker!! How could you forget? roflmao Amoung other thinkgs, she introduced us to FLYAS! Well, her book isn't written the way she sounded during the chat. I didn't count, but I only remember the use of the f bomb once or twice. By the end of the book I was literally twitching. A lot of drama....sort of scary, and too damn close to the end. I was expecting some sort of extremely irritating cliff hanger. Didn't happen. She cleaned up this story beautifully and left a "preface" to the next book that just sounds so good. Can't wait.

I recommend this book.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Glad you liked it Shay, because I bought it right after the chat! At some point, I'll even read it. roflmao

Gail Carriger released another short story called Marine Biology. It's a m/m paranormal romance between a werewolf and a merman. The romance is sweet and doesn't go any farther than kissing. Unfortunately. But sex scenes aren't Carriger's strength. What she excels at are funny lines and silly situations, and she does both very well in this short.

"So, how deep in the closet are you?"
Alec gave him an expressive look. "Honey, I shit mothballs."

My only complaint is it all wrapped up too quickly. It's short, so that's expected. But I loved the world and the characters and was left wanting more.
Marine Biology was previously released in the Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance, so you can get it there too. She just released the short in ebook format a few days ago.

I gotta add that I think it's awesome to see a mainstream paranormal author (as mainstream as Carriger can ever be called) write AND release and m/m story. Now I wish Ward would get the lead out and write Qhuay's book! I\'m waiting
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Qhuay Now!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 am

wow I definitely have to read a M/M by Carriger, I can only imagine the conversations/courting/flirting she's come up with; she definitely is hilarious. Thanks for the heads up Dopple!!! not worthy

Oh yes and QUAY NOW!!!!! drool cheers

Last edited by sabby on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : QUAY!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name your Literary Poison ....   Name your Literary Poison .... - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name your Literary Poison ....
Page 24 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next