Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My TBR plan of action . . .

Go down 
+13
kimba
calimama
Starbrites
uapeople
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
Dragonlady
2shay
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
DEW
showmethelove
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 12:14 pm

The one signing I went to there was no fee to attend.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:13 pm

I have only been to one....no fee. Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:41 pm

The list price for the paperback is $16, so basically they are requiring people to purchase a book to attend. Strange. I don't mind buying the book (that is pretty much the point!), but seems odd to require tickets for admission.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:43 pm

It's kind of strange to think of a bookstore enforcing a pay to play policy but it is good business when so many bookstores are being killed by Amazon.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Oh the two signings I've been to did the same thing you had to purchase the newest released book there to be signed but than they allowed you to bring up to 3 others previously purchased anywhere to be signed as well. If you brought more than that you would have to go back to the end of the line and wait. But all in all they were all fairly gracious about it. Good luck!!! I would be a sucker too nobody comes to Florida!!!!!! Those signings were in Houston (when I coordinated a visit to my cousin) Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Darynda's was so different! Open access and she signed as many books as were put in front of her. I didn't see anyone bring in an outside book. She had stacks on her table. This was at B & N.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm almost done with Bloodring, and I need to decide what to read before RC comes out! Should I read:

A. The next Rouge Mage book (which I'd have to buy first...)
B. Re-read Mercy Blade
C. The Hunger Games
D. Kiss of Shadows
E. Touch of Frost
F. Dark Lover

Help!
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Tough choices!!!

You'll want to reread Mercy Blade before Raven Cursed. Dark Lover and Hunger Games were both great, but you might as well commit yourself to reading the rest of those series if you start them. You'll be jonesing for the next right after you finish!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Dark Lover!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:13 pm

I would go with a Mercy Blade reread then Raven Cursed then Dark Lover. Once you read Dark Lover you will want to continue with all the other BDB books till you have read them all.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 pm

You've got a point there Fae. Once you start the brothers you can't stop at just the first one.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 pm

They are like uber-sexy potato chips.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Yeah I agree with rest you have a fantastic reading list that will make u crazy yummy . I'm doing a brief reread of the first 2 Jane Yellowrock's than Mercy Blade to prep for RC. Than I'll get back to Rogue/Mage.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:37 am

Hey---whichever one of you lovely admin/mods did the banner. That is pretty sweet. We love you, too.
heart heart heart
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Ok -- re-read Mercy Blade, then Raven Cursed, then onto JR Ward (because I borrowed it from a friend and should give it back soon!) After that, The Hunger Games, maybe...
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm willing to bet that once you start Dark Lover, you'll barrel through the next 8!
You should be ready to read The Hunger Games about when the movie comes out. LOL
Actually, that works, because I want to do a reread before the movie. smile
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm cheating and listening to Mercy Blade, one more Rouge Mage story to go then into Pyscop. I'm going to wait for Cat Tales, then read Ravens Curse. Then start on the 40 other books I purchased over Christmas.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
I'm willing to bet that once you start Dark Lover, you'll barrel through the next 8!
You should be ready to read The Hunger Games about when the movie comes out. LOL
Actually, that works, because I want to do a reread before the movie. smile

That good, huh?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

The Black Dagger Brotherhood books are the literary equivalent of crack!
Back to top Go down
girlwhowaited

girlwhowaited

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Maybe I should try to reread the sample again because at first reading, it didn't really *click* for me.... Hmmmm. smile

Oh and to stay on topic, my TBR list currently contains Channeling Morpheus by JCP.... really adored PsyCop so I thought I'd give her other series a go!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
The Black Dagger Brotherhood books are the literary equivalent of crack!

Uh huh!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 am

Miss! The Black Dagger Brotherhood is the BEST! Even my rl BFF....who swore to never read those stupid vampire books....is totally hooked! JR Ward has crafted the most wonderful world for this series. It has everything. Dopple's right. Literary crack.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:05 pm

There are few other series that cause OCRD (Obsessive Compulsive Reading Disorder) to the degree of Ward's BDB books. Outlander and Fever can do that too.

I got a Kindle Touch for Xmas!! I'm just now getting to play with it, and I love my new gadget. My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 2109348208 I was worried about the touch screen (especially the keypad), but it's easy to use and responds well without being overly sensitive (like my phone's touch screen My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 1786228450). And no more clicking noises when I turn a page!

The protective case/cover is on order, so now for the big decision....do I put a pretty skin on it or leave it au naturel? Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 pm

I never had OCRD as bad as I did for Outlander...followed by Cat and Bones... and Keri Arthur and Karen Chance, Faith Hunter, BDB and a few others have gotten me time to time and even Twilight. Charlaine Harris was my first addiction, though I thought originally it was Anne Rice...but I was fooled.

I am towards the end but spoiled for the Dark swan series and also reading the comic that inspired "The Walking Dead" an amazing TV Zombie show! Very good comic.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:13 pm

uapeople wrote:
I never had OCRD as bad as I did for Outlander...followed by Cat and Bones... and Keri Arthur and Karen Chance, Faith Hunter, BDB and a few others have gotten me time to time and even Twilight. Charlaine Harris was my first addiction, though I thought originally it was Anne Rice...but I was fooled.

I am towards the end but spoiled for the Dark swan series and also reading the comic that inspired "The Walking Dead" an amazing TV Zombie show! Very good comic.

What's the comic?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    My TBR plan of action . . .  - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My TBR plan of action . . .
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: