Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:40 pm

roflmao twirling wine
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm

I would like to say I have my smilies under control. Books work in progress as they say Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 am

Greencat.....I just about have my kindle reorganized.....yay, me! Now...just to finish all those partially read books....
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:37 am

I thought it was great when my kindle got the update that allows me to create collections. But it's not enough. I need sub-collections and sub-sub-collections. There's no good way to organize all my books. Mad

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:39 am

And that's why I limit myself to alpha by author.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:55 am

I first organized my kindle such that each author has a 'collection'. But some authors write multiple series, so then I decided to title each collection by author and series. For example I have a 'Briggs, Patricia - Mercy Thompson' collection and a 'Briggs, Patricia - Alpha &Omega' collection. But then all my standalone books started piling up. So I created genre collections for them. Then there's all the books I haven't read yet, sitting homeless without a collection.

I'm pretty unhappy with the Kindle's organizing abilities. It's no match for my anal-retentiveness.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 am

I have to admit, I wish the kindle allowed for sub-collections. Maybe I'm a dom in disguise roflmao
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 am

I can't imagine why it doesn't have sub-collections. Surely it isn't a complicated update to make. tantrum

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 pm

I am not sure that amazon planned for some of us book addicts. How many sub-collections do I need? I'm not sure myself! I have all my singles and stand-alones grouped by genre instead of author.
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:02 pm

I finally got around to reading the Hunger Games. Who else has read them? I love them so far although my opinion may change based on the final book which I have just started. (heh, what a fickle reader I am.) No truly, they are pretty fabulous books. FYI for anyone who hasn't read them: The first one was offered on Kindle for $4 and change a few days ago.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:32 am

I loved The Hunger Games! So who do you like for Katniss: Peeta or Gale?

Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:51 pm

I like Gale, but I'm partial to Peeta. I actually stayed up until 3:15 last night and finished book 3.
star Spoilers if anyone hasn't read it and plans to star
Book 3 wasn't my favorite out of the 3 I'm sorry to say. It was a little too bleak and gruesome for me. I get it -war is horrible-humans will commit atrocities and treat each other horrifically, no side is blameless, -I watch the news--but couldn't Finnick have lived? did the capital have to be like another horrible arena? Did the beasts have to smell like roses? I don't know, somehow all of it together was just too much for me. If she meant for her reader to feel broken and hollow at the end then she achieved her goal. Maybe it's just because I had hardly any sleep last night, but the book left me a little down. Does it show? I think I'm going to have to medicate with a suggestion from the romance thread.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 am

Anyone pick up the $1.99 special edition of Jeaniene Frost's 1st book HTTG? OMG the deleted scenes and there was an excerpt from Vlad's new series! Worth it. Get it! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JWU5BI/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

Oh and you can preorder the Charlaine Harris new collection "Down these strange streets" that has Diana Gabaldon's short "Plague of Zombies" with Lord John http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052RHFZY/ref=docs-os-doi_0 . And then in November is Scottish Prisoner http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005723K2Q/ref=docs-os-doi_0 ! Sqeeeee!

Psyched to start Keri Arthur's new series which came out yesterday http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004J4WMHC/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

along with Kerrilyn Sparks's new one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V522LK/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks for the info, uap! I've been wondering about the rerelease of HTTG, and you just helped me decide to buy it. reading

Let us know about Keri Arthur's new series!

Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 pm

calimama- I loved, loved the Hunger Games!!
MOCKINGJAY star

And although I agree to an extent with you about how emotionally traumatic the last book is; I think I appreciated the fact that the author stayed true to what it was a post-apocalyptic dystopian society. If it would've ended in a everything's rosy and happily everafter it would have felt false. Granted this is said months after I read it; I was pretty raw right after so who knows I'm definitely waiting for the right state of mind for a reread. I was a Gale lover from the beginning but by the end I was ok with how things ended up. But all the deaths were tragic, I think its one of the books I've cried the most with; cant believe its a YA. But it was a beautifully captivating story..... sad and grim as it was. I do wish there was a bit more of the epilogue on some of the other characters so you were left with a little more hope and glimpses into their future.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks for the info UAP!!!
Will definitely be getting the new Frost, I missed Vlad in the last book and cant wait to get a glimpse of his book!!!! in love

I've never read Keri Arthur but have heard good things; let me know if its any good and if I could start this new series without ruining the other series.

I dont know if I'll ever get to LJ, I'm still on Fiery Cross!!!!! confused
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 pm

so far I am really liking the new Keri Arthur, but you will get the ending of the love triangle if you read this one before the Riley series.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 am

I definately want to pick up the new Lord John when it comes out. I haven't read all of the ones already out yet, but I enjoyed the ones I have read. It's different from my usual fare, but very well written and a good way to change things up, which I do every now and then.
Do we have (or want) a Lord John thread? Are the Gabaldonnettes going to read and discuss all the LJ books before Scottish Prisoner?

So read the Riley Jensen books before diving into Arthur's new series - got it. Thanks for letting me know, I would have gone straight too the newest. My poor tbr pile just got more added to it though!

Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks for the info Uap; I guess back to the drawing board!!! scratch thats a lot of books to catch up on!! fainting
Back to top Go down
caligrl

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:02 pm

I am finally starting Soulless by Gail Carriger. This had been in my TBR pile for quite a while!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:17 pm

cheers Yay, caligirl! Gail Carriger is really taking off right now too. She recently announced a new YA series that takes place in the same world as Soulless. She has started self-pubbing short stories that she wrote before Soulless. And she just announced the series to follow Parasol Protectorate! Squee! twirling

Can you tell I'm a fan?

Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 pm

Ooohh Yeah enjoy Caligirl, I'm with Dopple; I absolutely LOVE this series!!! It is absolutely hysterical!!! Have fun!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:53 pm

I need help! I'm going to finish Spider's Revenge tonight and then I have more to choose from than I can handle. Feed by Mira Grant is my bookclub's pick this month, but since I don't expect to lovelovelove it, I want something more fun to read too. Something I'm more likely to enjoy!
Here are the books waiting for me on my Kindle:

Archangel's Blade by Singh
Supernova by CL (FLYAS) Parker
Blood Rights by Kristen Painter
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Envy by JR Ward
Blood Hunt by Chris Buecheler
Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke (couldnt resist this ones cover)
Mummy Dearest by Josh Lanyon
One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

What to read? Ack!
Should I put them all into a hat and draw (stealing a book selection method from Starbrites), or is there a MUST READ title in my list?

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I've read both Mummy Dearest and Archangel's Blade and enjoyed them. I haven't read any of the others and can't help. Mummy Dearest is a novella.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 pm

Do what I do Dopple and draw from a hat. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My TBR plan of action . . .    

Back to top Go down

My TBR plan of action . . .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next