Share | 

Devon Monk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:18 am

Sure. It's the link to her site that shows her blog about the live chat and the new cover for next book.
It's safe!!

Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 am

Yay, hopefully we'll get lots of people in for the chat!

She has a Stone knitting pattern on her site. LOVE it! Wish there was a crochet version. *pout*

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 am

Started MOTL last night! Didn't get very far, just the 'interview'. *shudder*
Theres a new Creepy Creepy in town.....named Whit! roflmao

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 am

That's right! Don't mess with me! whipping
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:50 am

I'm only 42% so far. RL is keeping me from reading darn it tantrum

I likey so far though

gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:52 am

I know Dopp. My knitting sucks, but I do have some serious crocheting skills I must say

Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Read through the funeral. Damn, what did Whit do to Allie?

Allie is being incredibly supportive while Zay mourns Chase. It had to hurt when he put the flowers on her headstone. Ya, he hugged her after and she felt how much he loves her. But that still had to hurt....Chase was a complete bitch to Allie for the short time they knew each other and here's Zay saying he'll always love her.
I'm glad Shame was there to hold Allie's hand.

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:47 pm

heart Zay heart

and poor Shame..He's hurting too. The whole Terric & Shame thing is breaking my heart

My Allie is just badass. That was very understanding of her, your so right about that Dopp

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Ok so...... RL sucks when it gets in the way of my quality reading time!!! Mad tantrum I'm not even sure I'll finish MatGate much less the next two by tomorrow, Sad It should definitely be fun to join in the chat anyway spoilers be damned!! cussing they will not keep me away!!! Wink

So to cheer myself up I thought of something cool (I hope?) thinking ; I'm gonna put up in the gallery who I picture as our hella scrumptious Zayvion in my head drool in love !!! Maybe we can ask DM who comes closest to how she pictures him? Or even just amongst ourselves it would be curious to see!?!?!! what do ya think?
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm

UUUmmmm scratch ok maybe not such a bright idea... I dont know how to post a pic up?? Rolling Eyes I've done it before so not sure what's going on no idea is it just me guys??
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 am

Is someone going to do a transcript. Huh huh huh?? On the plus side least I won't get an spoilers for the rest of the books. Being a kindle killer does not help one catch up. Sad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 am

Sounds good to me Sabby! I'll check to see if the picture is pending .

ETA: You have to to to the gallery, choose the hawt gallery then upload pic button in top left.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 am

Hi, i'm new here.. there's not many places to discuss magic on the line and I need somewhere to vent..
Anyway I loved magic on the line, but it doesn't feel like there's been seven books because it seems such a short time has passed in the books and because there's still a lot we don't know.. Allie's memories, her past, her mum, her dad.. I hope we get answers in the next 2 books.
The whole Chase thing bothers me.. it's obvious he loved/loves Chase soo much but at times I feel he seems to love/loved Chase more, he shows the most emotion I think around Chase or because of Chase.
I don't like that he'll always love Chase and be a part of him.. while Allie will only have Zay in her heart. I don't mind when love interests have loved others in the past but I want it kept in the past and for the hero/herione to only love each other in the present and future and for that love to be stronger/deeper and truer than any past love.. and although Zay loves Allie I'm not convinced that it is a deeper love than Chase.. which considering their soul complements I shouldn't have any doubt in my mind of Zay's love for Allie... but I do Sad .
I've wondered a few times that if Grayson hadn't have come into Chase's lives.. that Zay and Chase would still be together and eventually when Zay would meet Allie he would feel attracted to Allie but wouldn't act on it because of his love for Chase. I hate how he still loves her after how she treated Allie and how she practically killed him.. it just shows how deep his love for her is.
Zay really needs to start opening up more it's always Allie making the effort in the relationship, he hardly ever confides in her about anything and continuosly pushes her away.. after everything she's done for him.. I just wish he would show Allie how much she means to him and be more affectionate and caring to her.
Lastly I hope Shame and Terric have some sort of resolution!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am

Hi ferdy welcome Hi

Welcome to our humble adobe where you may vent away. I am still scrambling trying to finish, so I can't read all your post Wink

Will you be coming for the live chat tonight with Devon?

FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:36 am

Authors don't usually write the relationships of adults with all the baggage most adults have. It would be very strange for someone in their 30s to have never had a significant relationship that gave them problems in a new one. I don't like the Chase angle, AT ALL, but it's so very realistic and human.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am

I will for sure 'try' to transcript. It really helps if there is more than one person helping just in case. Then we can tie both together if there are no gaps.

I can't wait for this chat excited

gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 am

Not reading..NOt reading that Andy..Damn I sawe Chase name. Isn't the hag dead?

gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am

OH what the heck is going on with the Authority????

I just finished with the Bart meeting and Victor & Maeve were Closed. wtf

OMG I need to go home sick so that I can finish this book before tonight

gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 am

Hi Devon

I see you...I'm Nikki BTW Wink

ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am

hi G-P, what time is the live chat, I live in the uk?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 am

I think the chat will be 2am tomorrow in the UK. We try to schedule chats to accommodate people from the UK to Australia. It doesn't always work.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:48 am

ferdy wrote:
hi G-P, what time is the live chat, I live in the uk?

Hey ferdy

Ya we have a lot of international folks, so we always try to accommodate everyone. Will you be able to make it with it we in the wee hours there in the UK?

We sure hope so. We always try and transcript the chats for folks who are unable to attend if not. Hope to see you there if you can make it. If you work, you could always suddenly become ill and unable to go in.

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a boo boo)
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:49 am

Hi ferdy! Welcome!

I don't like Zay's lingering feelings for chase either, but I do you think it shows Allie's strong compassionate side well. She's not the typically suspucious or insecure heroine either, and I appreciate that.

Although (I'm only 30% through MOTL), I do wish Zay would make another grand gesture, like the roses in the car. I think Allie deserves some reassurance.

Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah I finally got it to work!!! where it should have said upload picture there was only a question mark on my screen for some reason no idea but alls good!!

I cant wait for this chat either!!!
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 am

I probably won't be up then.. I really wanted to ask her about Chase and Zay's relationship, if Allie was closed as child/teenager/at college and why Allie's mum left and if her mum will make an appearance .. I think I get too emotionally invested in some books.. lately i've been obssessed with the Allie Beckstrom books, oh well..do you know if there will be a transcript available the next day??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   

Back to top Go down

Devon Monk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next