http://www.devonmonk.com/2011/09/winners-and-a-snippet/
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Starbrites!! These books are always awesome. I'm excited too smile
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 am

poke I so need to get to this series too. Only so much speed reading without sleep one puddy can do!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:22 am

You totally need to read this series before the new one comes out in november. You wont be disappointed!!
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:04 am

GC, it took me a couple of books to get into this series, but boy did it suck me in after that. It's definitely one to push up the TBR pile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:48 pm

I am eating up all the little mysteries slinging around in Magic to the Bone. I'm only 30% in so I'm still a Magic noob. It's just so damn good that I can't resist posting. noobie

Allie, who is Harvard educated in Magic and certainly has a high-falutin' magical pedigree from her father, seems to be suddenly encountering all kinds of Magic she doesn't understand. Mama (maybe), Boy (maybe), and Zay (definately - I don't buy the acupressure explanation for his minty touch at all). Do they all tap into some form of secretive magic she didn't learn about in her formal education? Are they....not human? (Mama did say something to Zay about "his kind").

Then there's Cody, who has me completely perplexed. I'm intrigued, but I don't have a clue how he fits into it all. His Snake-Man is creepy as hell. It didn't escape my notice that Allie described one of Mama's Boys as reptilian. Clue? Red Herring? Hummmmm....

Gotta go! I have reading to do! reading

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:26 am

Yeah, there are a couple of inconsistencies in the series.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 am

I'm loving this series!! Yes, yes you all knew I would Rolling Eyes Dopple how far along are you? I will finish up first book tomorrow and go onto the second I think, but reserve the right to change my mind :whis:
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:30 am

I'm loving this series too Greencat!
I finished the first book yesterday, and I'll start in on the second tonight.
The ending threw me for a loop. It wasn't a cliffhanger, but just enough is left open that I'm eager for the next installment.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 am

I finished the first book yesterday as well and Im definitely enjoying it. Now I know what u meant by new crush Dopple; Zayvion is definitely crush worthy!!! yummy
And yeah the ending was just enough to peak your curiousity about the future without leaving u with the complete insanity of wanting to pull your hair out (a la KMM). Im really curious about Cody and what "burned" him; love his references to the older, smarter part of himself and how he's trying to hold onto anything good (rocking, sun, kitten). And am very very curious about Mama!!!

I thought I'd have to wait for the next few but just checked my library and there ready for pick up. bounce
I was trying to sneak in finishing off Fiery Cross which I was trying to do the audio for about 3 months now Mad Rolling Eyes so not sure..... but I'll def start next book by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 pm

So we are carring on with Magic then coffee I'm on dayshift the rest of the week which will slow down my reading. Zayvion is in love and I only have the first three so will have to wait on the rest hopefully will be here next week. I can't kindle the whole series, really wish Amazon would catch up!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Yup, well set up to go into the next book that is for sure! Just enough to pique the interest.
Going to slip in a couple of Petit Morts after the second book though.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 pm

Yay! Everyone is loving DM!!!! Zayvion heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:06 am

I want them all to hurry up and meet Shame.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:20 am

When do we meet Shame? I expected him to turn up in Magic to the Bone.
I feel duped! yap-yap

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 am

I think you meet him in book 3.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 am

THREE? Damn. I just started book 2.

star Magic to the Bone (Book 1) star

The ending about killed me. I did NOT expect the Dear John letter. At all. Zay was the one constant in the story, always there when Allie needed him. They were, I forget the term, but perfect magical matches. Something extremely rare. And....he leaves. WTH?
I felt so bad for Allie, not remembering anything but still craving mint. Sigh. Zay better get his ass in gear during book 2. What will happen if Allie overdoses on magic again and Zay isn't there to ground her?
I wonder if there is history between Allie and Zay, taking place before Book 1, that Allie can't remember.

I want to know more about this wild magic that Mama is guarding. Is that what Zay uses? Cody? Are Mama's Boy's all as powerful as the Snake-Man?
I am still not convinced that Zay is human. Mama either, for that matter.
Will Kitten ever get a real name?

Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 am

I heart Shame! I can't wait either!!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 am

I wanted to reach into the book and bitch slap Zay for that letter. I was pissed!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:52 am

Only started book 2 and you guys are getting us excited about a character we don't meet till 3? Are you just making sure we don't lose interests or something? Finding book 2 a little slow after the first one does it pick up soon? Not that I'm complaining just inquiring. smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Is book 2 the one where she and Zay go to the nice restaurant? And she is working with all the hounds and that guy just got out of jail? I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

I just started but yes, that guy just got out of jail. (Supposed to serve 30, but got out in less than 3.) I just read the incident on the bus.

Again, WTH Zay! You're back to stalking from the shadows again? Bad Zay, BAD!

Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Cant pick up 2 til tomorrow cussing tantrum !!!

Yeah the letter was pretty shitty especially since she hadn't woken up yet. If he at least would have waited until she woke up with no memory than I could see him at that point it might be safer to step away.
I'm also surprised by Allie's reaction to asking him to try things out again; seeing as although she has some images an emotions that she put herself out there with him.

Ok not looking up.... not looking up. Hopefully i'll get my hands on 2 tomorrow. Happy Halloween!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Monk   

Back to top Go down

Devon Monk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next