Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires

Go down 
+2
Greencat
Starbrites
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Empty
PostSubject: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:47 am

Chicagoland Vampires Series

1: Some Girls Bite
2: Friday Night Bites
3: Twice Bitten
4: Hard Bitten
5: Drink Deep
6: Biting Cold ~ August 7, 2012
7: House Rules ~ February 5, 2013
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 pm

Come on who is going to do it??? Come on I need someone to read biting cold as well. I got a notification it's in the mail should get in a week or so, probably not by the 7th thou. Come on you know you want to roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 am

roflmao GC!! You know I'll read it with you.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 pm

I will read it even if I am still pissed off about the direction is has gone. Maybe this book will redeem CN in my eyes.

But I still love her YA series heart
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:43 am

OK I DL and started.

I'm BACK ladies
excited

star Remember the star spoilers when posting about Biting Cold though so we don't ruin or spoil it for others.

Thanks G-P
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 7:10 pm

very happy G-P!

I downloaded it but it's been a busy day and as soon as I finish the book I started last week I will start this one. I can't wait to see how CN spins this book. smile
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm still I\'m waiting What's up with releasing the UK version two days later???/ Really wtf are they just trying to piss off readers like me or what? Or do they do it to fiddle the figures to look better? I will start when I get, SB if you can hold off a couple of days I'll read with you UK kindle release is the 9th.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Woohoo!!!
I read 4 total pages today of BC!!!
This rate I don't think ou will have any trouble catching up GC Wink
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 pm

I can wait for GC. Now that I am back home I am so behind on things that it will take me a bit to get to it anyway. Going away is amazing and coming home is awesome but the getting things back in order is * insert smilie that's pulling her hair out of her head* smile Let me know when your ready.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Woohoo. Finished !!!!

Chapter 1 that is roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:06 pm

excited Go g-p!

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:09 am

Just wanna know...I haven't read since the book where star Ethan was killed but then I know the spoilers of the book after....Walking dead anyone star....so is it worth reading the heartache which will hurt to get to this one?
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Hey uap, I skipped the last book as well (Drink Deep I think) but know what happens from spoilers as well. I read Biting Cold (only because someone sent it to me as a gift) and I enjoyed it. The writing reminded me of the first three books.

The only thing I didn't like about the book is how she kept reminding us that star our boy was once ash and now he is magically and deliciously back again. star I am sorry, but I think that was one of the worst storylines ever. Ash equals no body to rise again no matter how you spin it. IMO

Morgan has a small appearance where he is redeemed in my eyes. I enjoyed Jeff and Merit's funny banter. Thankfully, CN cut down on the food references for Merit.

I think I can continue with this series if I just imagine the last two books never happened. Wink

You don't need to have read Drink Deep to follow the storyline in BC because she recaps the events for you throughout the book.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 am

Ok I am moving along pretty nicely now with BC excited loo

star BC star

So far I am liking it. I agree with autumn, this book's writing reminds me a lot of the first 3. I am so happy about this too excited

ok back to reading. Brought my Kindle to work today
Doppleganger
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Are we ready to start this GC?

I am so glad to hear that this books writing is like the first 3. I want things to get back on track. After all the other crazy stuff that has been going on in this series it's time to get back to what were used too.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 pm

I just have to finish Gunmetal (about 100 pages to go) then do :laundrytime check your email muffin irish :laundrytime then should be ready. Maybe lol.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Well, ok than! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:13 am

I am really liking Biting Cold so far. Almost at 50%
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:57 am

thanks everyone. I will add it to the list then....and may even think about reading the 2 others since I paid for them, just never read them. Have so much to read before I tackle that though.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm Finished! twirling

Welcome back Chloe Neill! cheers

This book was fantastic. It really did remind me alot of the first few books she wrote in this series. Not that I didn't really like the other ones even with what went on but this one was just different. I can't explain it.

Who's finished? How far are you G-P?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 am

Dammit.. I'm only 35% in still. Shit y'all are quick very sad
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 pm

That's only cause our kids can fend for themselves GP. Finished as well, dare we say it CN is back on track twirling I still have issues with Mallory, but other than that I really enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 pm

star Biting Cold star

first off let me say that I loved the way this book was written. It just seemed more like the older books and I really liked that about it. Maybe it's the fact that Ethan is back and there out trying to fix the world but whatever the reason I'm happy to have the series back on track.

Now, saying that I hope noone goes all Owen on me but now that we have Ethan back I'm not all that impressed with him. It's like killing him off killed my love for him. Not all of my love but some of it. Maybe, in time I'll feel differently.

I was just starting to get into Jonah and my heart still belongs to Morgan. I know he was an asshole but it wasn't his fault. CN wrote him that way. smile

Mallory sweet Mallory! I know the whole thing with her is a bit crazy but I happen to love the fact that she is stuck doing dishes in a bar. So Funny!

I think the book could have used more of Catcher, Jeff and Grandpa. I know eventually there is going to be some storyline that has to do with Gabe but I wonder when. I really like him.

Now, what the hell is up with Ethan going all stuffy toward Merit? Yes, at the end they got "together" but it just took to damn long after all that stuff that went on in the last book.

Tate! I never saw any of that coming and as much as I was hating him in the other books, He really did good in this book. I hope there is more of him in future books. I would like to see what happens with him.

But in all honesty I am more excited about the next book. I think BC was like a can't think of the right word but like a filler book to get things back on track with the series.

I gave it 5 star because I loved it and not once did I want to put it down or throw it across the room. It kept my attention plus the writing was just back on track.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 am

:whis:

Just have to skip through your post. Still only 30% in tantrum
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Skip away and spend more time in the loo and bathtime so you can get finished. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires    Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chloe Neill - Chicagoland Vampires
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next