Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic Slays

Go down 
+11
doxielover
gracious-plenty
2shay
DEW
sabby
Greencat
b4v
Dragonlady
showmethelove
Oh Yes
FaeLadyFaye
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Magic Slays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:20 pm

star MS star

This series is called the "magic" series, but come on....smoke dogs?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:47 pm

It's here! It's here! Wahooooooooo!
☀ bounce happy dance cheers excited
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:57 pm

I will be downloading tonight and starting tomorrow. Think my head is NFL to bring almost straight. Hopefully this book will be the trick Wink

Miss my gals hugs

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:07 pm

2shay wrote:
star MS star

This series is called the "magic" series, but come on....smoke dogs?

Smoke dogs yup *shakes head
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 am

star MS star

I'm a little over 1/2 way done and loving it!!! I'm so happy Andrea and the boy wonder are back; makes for some great scenes. And Ascancio will be an interesting addition.

Smoke dogs makes perfect sense...... as does a "low riding" house that shakes about!!!!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:36 am

star Magic Slays star

Finished!!! OMG....this was a great book! The truth....I don't really like most of the series that are this heavy on magic. They usually start to bore me. I don't know what it is, exactly about this series, but I have never been bored. Maybe it is Kate who is a fighter first. Her battles are epic. Maybe it's Curran. Probably it's Curran....snicker....really hot... curran heart I think the truth is simple, really. I love this writing team. They just keep you on the edge for the entire book.

I don't want to say much until more of you have read the story, except to say that this one did not disappoint. There is a lot of potential for the next book....and the next....! But, this one left me almost breathless. Just beautiful.

Enjoy. shay\\'s baby
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm

star MS star

Nearly done, definitely a roller coaster ride in a good way. Kate scaring the house on legs roflmao
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:17 pm

star MS star

I loved that part, Greencat!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:04 pm

star MS star

YEAH absolutely loved it!!! I thought Kate and Curran's relationship development was fantastic considering their characters; very realistic not quite "smooth sailing" but close enough to it which was great. I wont say anything else either until a few other folks finish......... hurry up y'all!!!!! bounce happy dance bounce happy dance
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 am

I'll finish up the last bit tonight.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 am

heart MS heart

No wonder Curran stays at the top of the favorites!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 am

Starting Magic Slays today! Now I can stop avoiding this thread.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:07 pm

2shay wrote:
heart MS heart

No wonder Curran stays at the top of the favorites!

I agree!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 am

Not looking, not looking... Still waiting for my book to arrive. Stupid slow postal system, it was sent out 10 days ago! To make it worse, I can't even dowload it on kindle 'cause it's not available in Australia cussing tantrum
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Starting Magic Slays right...now!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 pm

spoilers

The description of Barabas' hair reminds me of the Heat Miser from that old Rankin-Bass Christmas show.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:46 pm

LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT.......already reading it again!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 am

I loved it, too, doxielover. This series just keeps getting better. Makes the wait for the next book harder, though.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:09 am

I agree 2shay, I read it very slowly the first time,I wanted to savor every word. I find I'm reading it very slowly the second time too, can't get enough of Kate's sense of humor, well maybe the curran has SOMETHING to do with it. I really enjoy this series, and yes a year is a very long time!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 am

Yay! I was so worried that another one of my fav authors would disappoint me, but Slays was great! cheers

star Slays star

I am hoping for an Andrea / Raphael resolution in the next one. Sad And perhaps there is a little spark between Julie and Ascanio, maybe?

What is lingering in my head is how the attack poodle knew that Kate needed him. I'll have to wait a while to find out. why!!!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:02 am

Someone just told me Gordon and Ilona are moving to Austin! Wahoo! Think they need a drinking buddy?

star Slays star
I loved it - loved it - loved it!!!!

It was action packed, just enough suspense in their relationship, Andrea's story, the evil capsule, Julie, the witches..... This whole world they have written is just so rich. They have managed to pull off incredible PF that is interesting and unique. No big suitor situation, yet the romance is still important. But it is more important because it involves the plots too, because of all the people Curran's has to protect and all the people Kate wants to keep alive. It is awesome. Yeah, I am so glad to finally get a book this year that I can honestly say I loved everything about.

Hugh? He was the one from, I think it was the first book or was it the second? He was a demi-god or something? The one who died that Kate mourned for? Am I right? If so, he was hot. Curran's isn't gonna like it. Now I want the next book. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:20 am

Hugh is Roland's second. Voron trained him, and when he left Hugh took his place. Is it Bran you're thinking of? I agree with everything you've said about these books. One year?? Long wait!!!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks doxie! I couldn't remember for the life of me. I was confused, because she mentions Bran and the Morgan's bells, and then Hugh.

Roland is a great villain and we have never met him!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 am

Moving to Austin you say Oh Yes?
Awesome!! That's just a hop and a skip away from me shake it baby

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:38 am

I LOVED it too!

star MS star

I kept waiting for Raphael to pop in. I'm guessing Andrea is going to have a suitor fight going on in the next book?

I thought Ascendio and Julie might have something too. Derek was put in the brother catagory but maybe that's just what Kate's thinking????

Poor Jennifer! Sad Loved how Kate handled her at the meeting.

I loved all the new Supes we were introduced to in this one. I always enjoy Ghastek and Saimen too.

Who does everyone think was talking to her during the ritual? Roland?

Great book! I don't want to wait for the next one but feel good about how it ended. We get the next Edge book to hold us over cheers 10 (the last guy forgot his 1)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Slays   Magic Slays - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic Slays
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next