Share | 

Charlanie Harris

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Wed May 04, 2011 9:02 pm

star DR star
I wonder if Sookie is trying to break up with Eric before he puts her aside. She dismisses the bite hurting and the next question out of her mouth is "Have you met Oklahoma". Maybe she is trying to head off the hurt before it happens. Just a random thought.

Going to read Merit now! ☀
Back to top Go down
doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Wed May 04, 2011 9:22 pm

DR
OY, you said it so much better than I. I too liked the action, but Sookie was truly a hypocrite at the end of the book. She was the one who came up with the plan, and was gung ho to get something, anything done to kill Victor. CH has said that Sookie won't go back to her old life, so it appears she's just muddling through all of the soul searching to get to the point where she truly accepts that her life will be involved with the supes.

I agree that Sam is a red herring. As much as he admires Sookie and all of her attributes, she doesn't seem to be his usual "type." Any guy who dates Jannalyn and the Maenaed(sp) might find Sookie a little boring.

Not sure about the bite, but I know there's some explanation. Eric's usually pretty deliberate about things, especially where Sookie's involved.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

star star DR star star

I was thinking about that bite too. I was wondering if he did it to show a little of his anger sense there is no blood bond for her to know how he was feeling.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Thu May 05, 2011 1:04 pm

star DR
Just started at lunch. Will read more later. I wonder what will happen with the fae and what the deal is with them. Also wonder what will happen with Pam's love. Can Bill or Judith turn her for Pam since he is more off the radar and she belongs to another? Then Pam would owe him a favor.
Back to top Go down
kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Thu May 05, 2011 7:01 pm

star star DR star star

Well perhaps the painful bit was to hint at Sookie that shes a pain in the neck...lol..yes I know that was bad,but it's due to my frame of mind from reading this book.

I keep thinking,who are these characters? Everyone seems so out of character,is it a TB influence? Pam hated weakness,but loves a sickly woman? I suppose you could reason,you never can tell who you will end up loving. But it seems,so un-Pamlike.

Alcede: Well sum it up:stupid scene. Seriously can you actually picture the packmaster thinking he would do that? Perhaps and 'come on to her',but naked in her bed...WTH?!

Sam: He was always the protective type..now he has a girlfriend who protects him? Hello turn into a lion,.or a fire breathing dragon and fry Sandra!

Eric: heart heart heart

So history has now changed and Eric has known all along who and what Sookie was? WTH??

But I am happy that even without the BB that E/S love each other. That can officially stop the she only loved Bill stuff.

I just don't know what to think about this marriage contract. I so want Sookie to fight to keep Eric!

star star

Will post more later well I think it over a bit more
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Thu May 05, 2011 7:48 pm

The whole Alcide thing to me was odd. I thought will all the Debbie shit he was past any relationship with Sookie. And now you point out about the characters I have to agree they are all a bit off. Pam though suddenly in love with a sick women that has never been mentioned before?? And it didn't really add to the story, bar a reason for Pam and Eric being at odds.

star DR star

Last edited by Greencat on Thu May 05, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot stars!)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Thu May 05, 2011 8:14 pm

star DR star

I agree. The characters were off. Thanks for pointing that out, Kimba. I sort of noticed, but hadn't really until I saw it in writing. Actually, I liked this book so ,uch better than the last two, that I guess I would have let nearly anyrhing have a pass. Thank goodness the damn bond is gone! Crap. That was a pain in everyone's butt. Then Eric reveals that they have a ceremony to remove it? Whaaaaat? Now that we, and they, know they love each other without the bond, he'sgoing to put her aside and marry the queen of Oklahoma? Oh, well. He did make her an ice pack after having wild monkey sex on the porch swing.

But, I am wondering....what happened? This doesn't even sound like the same characters. Except I still really liked Eric!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 pm

star DR star spoilers

I just finished that scene shay Wink
I didn't think a porch swing was doable. Hmmp
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 7:03 am

star DR
My favorite part so far was Sookie naked while Bill woke up in more places than one and the banter between them about how if he didn't know better he'd think she concocted it and she said it wouldn't take that much effort. Merry Christmas! Sorry the swing was only my second favorite....but I wouldn't have minded an Alcide in only underwear in my bed either. Bonehead move though!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 7:05 am

star DR
Gotta wait until lunch to find out how poor Dermot fares
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

star DR star

Ok so I just passed the part where Sookie reads the letter left by her Grandma.... uuummm was it just me or did it seem to be worded weirdly?? She spoke of Fintan and fairies with the assumption that Sookie would already know who/what they were;; yet the letter was written years before even Vamps came out?? Or was it done so just for brevity's sake? It just felt weird to me like if they were already in the middle of this conversation or that Gran had alluded to these topics before.. which we know she didnt. Was it just me??

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 9:58 am

star DR
Hmmm sabby- I thought it was bit weird. And not so apologetic that she wasn't the get of her supposed grandpa if you ask me. I guess she didn't know anything about the telepathy.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 12:09 pm

star DR
Ack, Eric is gonna marry the Queen of Oklahoma in an arranged marriage by his vamp papa! And I though Bill would have been like, I would never do such a thing but he was honest. Why are they so bound to such crazy (and thank goodness dead) sires? And I;m sorry Lorena was crazy even before she was made a vamp- that was why she was chosen because she was ruthless. I think Sookie is gonna use that fae thing to save Pam's GF's life or someone elses. She still hasn't told Bill of his further descendants to be! What the heck is going on? This book has gotten CH back to her roots I think! It's adventure and mystery and hot men! Do you n think Quinn will show up naked next? Maybe in the toolshed this time? I mean we had a different naked naked man on the swing and in the cellar space and then on her bed. Not to mention nude fae everywhere! And Elves doesn't make Vamps fae struck! Is Sookie part demon is that where the telepathy comes from? IS she decedent from Cathades (SP?)? Is that why he's so fond of her and friendly with her paternal Grandda Fintan?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 2:15 pm

uap---uh....Keep Reading....?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 pm

LOL- Does that mean I'm way off or that I got something right? OK, don't tell me, I'll finish after work! I just saw how many typos I made that look like bad grammar above...grrrrrr!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 pm

yap-yap I could tell ya, but then you would be sooo mad!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 4:06 pm

roflmao keep reading ua!

star DR
I thought the same thing Kimba there personalities have all flipped IMO.
Bill is now Eric with a carefree spirit making jokes WTH!
Eric is a dark and brooding and hurting Sookie (hello Bill) WTF!
Pam is all Sookie first not vamps, oh I am in love with a sick human WTFF!
Amelia is now a total bitch WTH!
Alcide's lost his marbles WTH!
Sam is now hiding bodies but is squeamish - I would think Jannalyn and him could have taken Sandra down it two minutes flat WTF!
Sookie - don't get me started on Sookie roflmao

And yes the letter to Gran was really weird. Notice how she said her poor spelling and grammer, yet, it didn't read like it was written by someone with poor spelling and grammar. The editor really needs to be FIRED!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 6:17 pm

I am so glad I am not the only one who felt like all the characters were off. I don't know about you guys but when I read a book I can almost hear there voices in my head by the way they speak. How there words are written. This book made them all sound different like they weren't themselves. I am glad to know it wasn't just me..
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 7:07 pm

star DR
Finished
So who did Bill bond himself to?
Is Judith going to become Sookie's next arch enemy?
What is Felipe going to do?
Is Eric going to marry the queen? I'm thinking yes.
Will someone else marry Sookie or try to take Sookie if she isn't bonded to Eric for protection?
She still never told Bill about his decendents to be.
I love the Bill/Sookie relationship.
I like that Sookie gav money to Sam and that he took it.
Will Pam leave Eric if he goes to teh queen. She didn't seem happy about it and if Eric hadn't fought the marriage he could have gotten away from Victor and mayeb Pam could have created her child. So why was Pam on Sookie's side.
Will Felipe help Eric to get out of the marriage since the Queen in one of the sharks out to take his huge territory or will he throw Eric to the wolves? Was he in on this and does he force this situation with Victor?
What are the fairies up to? Are they in her house looking for the cd? Will the end of the series be Sookie using the cd to wish one of the vamps to be human and give her children? If so I see Bill before Eric giving up their vampire sides. We know Sookie will live a human lifetime. Is that exactly what was said or can she live more than one human lifetime (sneaky huh)?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh Yes wrote:
roflmao keep reading ua!

star DR
I thought the same thing Kimba there personalities have all flipped IMO.
Bill is now Eric with a carefree spirit making jokes WTH!
Eric is a dark and brooding and hurting Sookie (hello Bill) WTF!
Pam is all Sookie first not vamps, oh I am in love with a sick human WTFF!
Amelia is now a total bitch WTH!
Alcide's lost his marbles WTH!
Sam is now hiding bodies but is squeamish - I would think Jannalyn and him could have taken Sandra down it two minutes flat WTF!
Sookie - don't get me started on Sookie roflmao

And yes the letter to Gran was really weird. Notice how she said her poor spelling and grammer, yet, it didn't read like it was written by someone with poor spelling and grammar. The editor really needs to be FIRED!
star
roflmao OMG I so was thinking that at parts, but who cares. Bill is back...at least for a little while. And WTF with Eric biting and hurting her???? Alcide was always a little kooky and that is probably why he liked Debbie Pelt. Maria Star and Sookie are the only normal ones. Hey I wondr if he spawned a wolf pup at his acension ceremony. That would be a kicker! I wonder who it was who he did and how many wolves he did now that he is power struck! I hate that Sam's crazy gal saved Sookie's life. I so see her turning on Sookie or cheating on Sam with Alcide so that Sam hates Alcide.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 8:02 pm

star DR star

uap - I really liked Bill in this book too - Well of course I did, LOL, he was FRICKIN ERIC. He was smart and thoughtful, trying to get laid, funny, cheeky, told her she was being a hypocrite. I mean Bill Compton saying, "Miss America Tit Competition" that was way ooc. The present line and the Christmas line - totally Eric IMO. But that's ok because I liked having something to laugh about in this book, even if it was an Eric impersonation.

I really don't care if Eric is the HEA anymore as long as he becomes Eric again. But I have a feeling he is still the HEA. I mean they still love each other and lets face it the next book is going to be loaded with Eric's problems and probably the one after that. She might break them up in the first chapter, but I doubt it. And CH really needs to be laying some groundwork if Sam is the HEA at this point. She knows what it feels like to kill of a suitor in the next to last book and all the backlash that comes with it. So I don't think she wants that again. Especially since this series is a lot bigger.

I always thought DP probably had a spell on Alcide or something.

I kind of like Jannalynn. I think she is much deeper than Sookie gives her credit for. And I thought what she did to Alcide was pretty funny. She is bad ass. I think the point of her character is to be a reflection of Sookie character, although Sookie probably doesn't think she is bloodthirsty. Ahem, ms. I just made the plan and told everyone to piss or get off the pot and kill Victor. And she does have a body farm going on in her woods.

LOL - there are way too many ands in there! Hey it's Friday what can I say! Off to read HB!!!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 8:11 pm

star DR star

spoilers
OMG
Seriously! Just so blahhhhh to me. Who the heck are all these characters now? Everyone of the are different. If I had to read another page about her cleaning, I damn well may have thrown my Kindle. Do is thus how CH is going to break the Sook/Eric relationship up? The Queen of OK!
The only thing that I can possibly see happening to save their relationship, is what was told during the conversation between her and Calidaes(sp).
That she can use her new fairey gift to kill someone that threaten someone she loved.
So maybe she still can possibly remain Eric's wife, while he goes away to marry the OK queen. Then can somehow get the Queen nasty issued and try and hurt or kill Eric. Then she could use it to save him and kill the Queen. Then Eric is a King, he had his power and lots if territories. But he also can now gave his true wife in his life.

Bill as usual just bothered me.

Not impressed. I really wish that CH would stop stringing us along and just have Sookie have her man. Mad
Oh well

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 8:58 pm

star dr
I dinna ken. I think Bill always had those very crude sexual outbursts every once in a while. He seemed more in character. The tit comment seemed completely in character. Maybe just maybe he was a bit snarkier than usual with the Xmas comment, but hey it was like Xmas for him. I mean he is the king of confessing his love for Sookie in front of current gfs .... Maybe do he doesn't have to break up with them.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Stupid itouch doesn't show me everything to edit/type. Sorry.
star dr
I think Bill almost dying and then being so sick and melancholy and then Judith being there made him calmer. He proved he lives her. He thought he gave his life for her and when he was sick he never blamed her. That made sense. It was the Eric character that seemed off the last few books.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Fri May 06, 2011 9:02 pm

I really can't see what I'm typing and can't edit sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next