Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Greencat

Greencat

Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:51 am

They have released the Pre-order for DR on kindle Swede and b4u.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks GC I actually buy this one HB from book depository Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm a lot more excited for DR now, OhYes. Thanks for that link!

Bring on the rival to the shower scene! cheers
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 am

Thanks GC. I get the HB in this series, too, because the covers are just too pretty to resist :D Now if only Hard Bitten would appear for kindle preorder, then I could quit stressing!
Back to top Go down
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Swede or GP I found a review at Walmart today for DR that is more spoilery that we've already seen. Can I post it here or are we not doing spoilers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:52 pm

if it was a reveiw then I guess it is ok - but we dont want anything from people that may have read ARC's just please bling it up with stars and say where you got it from... cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Well it is pretty spoilery so I'll just say that it is in the Walmart Book Page May Issue. You can pick it up in the book dept!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:44 pm

ps..... PM me - we dont have Walmart here in Aus smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Shit Pm me too. Spoliers have never bothered me. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 pm

Did you get my pm GP?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:40 am

Please pm me also!
Back to top Go down
lornadune

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:26 am

uapeople a scanned version of the review is on sookieverseblog.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:47 am

thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 am

Here's one for you uap where CH confirmed she was going to kill Bill in DAG -

http://girlsinthestacks.com/interviews/201...is-is-in-the-house/
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Ack the link isn't working!!!!! Maybe I am never meant to see that! LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:32 pm

http://girlsinthestacks.com/interviews/201...is-is-in-the-house/

LOL! Here it is in print. Not sure why the link is working.

Charlaine Harris is in the house!
With the release of Dead Reckoning only days away (5/3) and the return of True Blood just mere weeks away we begged asked the publishing giant known as Penguin for a little bit of Charlaine Harris’ time. THEY SAID YES!

So, y’all without further ado we have Her Exhalted Highness of Sookiedom, Charlaine Harris in the house *pumps fist*

1. You were quoted recently in the LA Times as saying the next two books will probably be the last two books in the Sookie series. Has the story traveled where you thought it would? Have the characters ever surprised you? Did you plan to have this many Sookie books?

Yes, I’ve had a scene from the last book written in my head for years. Of course, I always have new ideas about the characters. That’s the fun part of writing. I never imagined the series would go on for so long.

2. Have you given any thought to your next project after the Sookie series is over? Will you continue to write in the urban fantasy genre, like the Sookie and Harper Connell books, or go back to straight to mysteries?

I have so many ideas about what to do next. I have a lot of projects in the planning stage. I don’t know which one of them will be the first.

3. We heard rumors that Alan Ball let slip that you were thinking of killing Bill, but you didn’t. If this statement is true, what changed your mind?

Alan did let it slip. I had never said anything publicly because I knew I would have to answer a lot of questions. Actually, during the scene in the hospital when the fairies are coming to kill everyone inside, I wrote a great death scene for Bill because I love to write grand death scenes. But when I thought about it, I wanted to keep Bill around because I like him. My editor weighed in on Bill’s survival, too. I think that worked out for the best . . . but now I have to answer a lot more questions!

4.We were fans of the Sookie series first, but we are also fans of True Blood, and enjoy them both differently. However, with TB season 4 (loosely based on Dead to the World) coming up, we are all excited because of that spectacular “shower scene” (I hope you tell Alan Ball that he will be in serious trouble with us if he leaves that out). What do you think about the more graphic aspects of the show?

Seeing is much different from reading, isn’t it? Many of the things that happen in the show are in the book, but the experience of seeing bare flesh is a bit more shocking than knowing people in the book are naked. I think Alan made the right decision and captured the spirit of the books, and I think Alan does know how people feel about that shower scene.

5. You are becoming quite a brand now – your empire includes online games, comic books, graphic novels, as well as television shows (we heard CBS optioned the Harper Connelly series). We think you should start going by your first name, like Cher or Madonna! How has your family adjusted to your fame? Did you ever dream you would become so famous?

Well, to keep me humble, CBS did NOT film the pilot. So that series is hanging fire. I still have my fingers crossed. My family is taking it in stride. We live much the same as we did before. I never had any idea this would all happen to me. It’s a constant source of amazement.

and to pry even more…

*salty or sweet - salty
*cook at home, take-out or dinner out - cook
*do you say pop, soda or coke - soda
*thesaurus or dictionary - dictionary
*country, hip-hop, rock or classical - a little of all of it
*Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings - All three
*fiction or non-fiction - fiction, with a smattering of non-fiction
*texting, emailing or talking on the phone - emailing
*truth or dare - truth
*werewolf or vampire - neither. I like human.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:35 pm

HA!!! I KNEW the answer would be salty!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:29 pm

I just did my reread! I thought the new book was tomorrow but it's next week! UGH!

Something I noticed this time was that when Sookie and Eric didn't fuel the bond it got weaker. Another thing I noticed was that when Claude hit on Terry Bellfleur, I thought the first time that Terry was reacting to his hotting on him, but my second read, I think he possible may have some fae in him and if he does, does that mean Bill also does and is that why Bill and Sookie seemed to have that weird calmness that she gets around other fae? Another thing I noticed was that Eric wasn't fae struck during the final fight scene nor was he all that crazy after killing Claudine's baby papa to death. Is he more immune? It also seemed like Sookie and Alcide both realize it's never gonna happen between them and Alcide and Sam keep picking real winners for girlfriends! lastly, Eric's maker says to Eric that Sookie isn't going to stay with him. So, they were gonna kill off Bill. Alcide seems out. Eric seems like he's out. Who does that leave? Quinn? Sam? Calvin's married and I never really considered him. Hadley's ex-hubby? Nope cause he's human and she could hear his thoughts. I am thinking a fae possibly! Maybe the fae that pretended to be an injured were in the short story?
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Wow...I bet the BL would have exploded roflmao happy dance

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I can't spell today)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:31 pm

I bet she would have lost all her mods!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:31 pm

well except for the tiger lover! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:22 pm

I wouldn't count Eric out just yet..... I think it is going to be Eric or Sam and my hopes are on Eric. Quin is out as CH has stated that he wasn't a major character. One would imagine that you would have to be a major character to be Sookie's HEA. Quin is yummy, but I just don't see any hope there. Especially since I've heard that he isn't even in DR.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey! Eric is not out Mad He's in vampy heart

I remember arguing over the "Eric won't stay with you" line. It could mean so many things or it could be CH just trying to make me crazy. :sar:
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 pm

I think it has to be Eric!!! Right??
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Of course it will be Eric! The only real viable suitor left is Sam and I think CH would have been giving us a lot more Sam/Sookie flirting by now if he was going to be the one. He is safely in the friend zone. I am sure she will keep teasing and making us guess until the end though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next