Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:41 pm

I agree that all things must come to an end. I'm just worried that she only pushed the books this far because of the True Blood popularity and that the writing may suffer because of it. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Is the chat box open all the time? I haven't really figured out how that works.
Back to top Go down
dawls

dawls

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:14 pm

She probably did continue it on at her publisher's urging. Her longest series was only 8 books so she probably would have stopped around there for this series if TB hadn't happened.

I must say I really enjoyed the preview chapter and it sounds as if the rest of the book looks promising. Has anyone found any reviews or spoilers? I keep looking but haven't come across any myself.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes, the chatbox is open all the time, that doesn't mean there is anyone else there though. To enter it you click Log In in the top right corner of it.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey dawls Wink

There is another way to get in chat box as well. On home screen if you scroll all the way to bottom there is a join in link for chat box. This will open a separate window with the chat box

Hope to see you there.
Oh I have seen any spoilers either.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:44 pm

Isn't she at a firm 13 for the Sookie series? I hope she doesn't draw it out because of TB's success. I personally wish the show followed the book more. I think everyone will feel better if some of the story lines left open from DAG are brought to some conclusion.

I wish I didn't feel so strongly about Eric, but I do. I just don't see him walking away from Sookie. If he does I can't imagine CH writing it in a way that leaves me feeling good about it. That is just the way I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Ditto Wink
What she said
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:41 am

I Eric doesn't prove Bill wrong and sacrifice himself to save Sookie. The world is just better with Eric in it (and yes I am a Bill fan, but I am more OK with Bill sacrificing himself for Sookie...it is more in Bill's nature and he is always trying to atone for his sins...and I am prepared for that to happen). I just think that Eric needs to be around to have feelers to make sure even if Sookie is hiding that she stays safe even if it isn't with Eric (which I unfortunately do not see happening).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:12 am

I'm okay with Bill dying to save Sookie (or at anytime for that matter). Laughing I did start to like him again after DAG and that he was willing to die for Sookie. But I don't see Sookie going back to him. I wonder if Bill and Sookie will ever talk about his betrayal of her (whether they end up together or not). I would love to hear his explanations on why he never got around to telling Sookie what he was originally doing for the queen and his maker. But, if they don't end up together - I don't see the need for CH to go into detail on the past of their relationship.

Did anyone else think it was odd that Eric didn't have more of a reaction to draining the bad fairy in DITF? The way that Claudine explained a vamp's reaction to fairy blood in DTTW made me think it would be much more serious than what happened in DITF and Eric drained an entire fairy. This detail makes me think that CH is not as focused on the writing as she has been in the past. I still love her, but I thought this mistake was rather obvious.

I love Eric, but would also see Sookie give Alcide a try before she ends up with whoever she ends up with. bounce But, that's probably not going to happen at this point.

Last edited by Autumn aka Autumnleaves on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 am

hey dawls - yes the chat is always open - but not always got people in there. just log in and see smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 am

That is a very good point Autumn. And you are right about the Eric reaction after he drained the Bad Fairy in DITF. Crazy the little details us fans remember. smile

I bet CH is under a lot of pressure though now what with TB and all. I love TB but will always prefer CH books. Her writing is so magical. I agree that the later books have not been as good as the earlier books. Her charachters have all changed in some sense or another, but mostly she will always be one of my fav authors along with her Sookie series. bounce
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:59 am

You know that bothered me also, that he didn't seem affected by the fae blood. I thought it was either a mistake or there was something we are going to find out from it. Thanks for reminding me twin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:12 pm

Anytime twin.

GP - I agree. CH will always be one of my favorite writers. I've enjoyed reading all of her books and look forward to her next project.
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:02 pm

I have a giftie I will post on the DR thread...another peak at the new book
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Kimba, you beat me to it. Thanks! I haven't read it yet. Can't wait. Bet Chapter 2 is in the back of the paperback of DITF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:25 pm

thanks smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:34 pm

yes so i have a feeling this next book may just piss me off royally!!!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks Kimba for the link. Now now Swede don't make presumptions lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

you know we had bill who let sookie down big time with omissions if we go the similar route with eric it will be infuriating to say the least!!! may just wait for go ahead from fellow EL's before picking up this book... small minded? me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm

I can't wait to find out the deal with the fairy blood! If just a dab on the rim of Pam and Eric's drinks would affect them, then Eric draining an entire fairy would have had a major impact on him.

Maybe the missing chapter two is about Eric's adventures when he was high on Colman's blood. Or, maybe Eric didn't kill the real Colman at the end of DITF - it was a set up by Victor? Which would explain why he wasn't affected by the fairy blood????
Back to top Go down
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 pm

I don't know what to think. You can almost see the breadcrumb trail of Eric and secrets blablabla. My guess is Eric's protecting Sookie from whatever is in the letter. Or perhaps involves Eric's other child.
Well we now know who the new queen is that was mentioned..is this going to turn out to be an old love of Eric's?

I wonder where Bill is? And I am happy to see Sam is still with the werewolf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:31 pm

“Are any of his family two-natured?” I asked.

Kennedy looked shocked. “Oh my gosh, no! They’re Baptists!” smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm

actually the chapter looks good... we are due a cracking book in this series so fingers crossed this is it! i love Pam, Eric and Sookie together! but man what is the fighting between pam and eric about?? destroying sookies kitchen? and this letter?? actually getting excited about this boo, who knew! but still want go ahead from my EL's first
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:38 pm

I know what you mean Swede. Heads up to you, I won't be the EL to give you the go-ahead. I'll be waiting with you to find out how angry I'm going to get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next