Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Old Ways ???

Go down 
+3
2shay
Barbara
gracious-plenty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am

Hello purlies Hi

I've discussed with a few of our regular posters via PM's and the interest of the individual author threads have come up. It was mentioned by quite a few that they miss the ease and flow of the older threads vs the newer threads.
Now I know that I haven't been on as much as I would like to have been in recent months, but things are getting easier in my RL that should allow me to change that. confused So having said that, I bring this question to our purlies to decide. Should the individual author threads come back to possibly help resurrect some life to our playground? Your help decide scratch
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Barbara

Barbara

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:08 pm

A little of both I guess - but then who gets their own threads?
Back to top Go down
2shay

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:42 pm

/

Last edited by 2shay on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 pm

I agree that it is harder to navigate now - but given that some authors only write once a year, and Josh isn't even writing at the minute how will you decide who gets their own thread? Get everyone to nominate ? As I said Nikki I will help set it up to how it used to be but I can't help on daily or even weekly upkeep. I am flat out at work, with my blog site and as Josh's admin chick on his fan page - maybe a changing of the guard would pep this place up smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:42 pm

I am all for going back to the way it was or atleast setting it up more like the way it was. I have a hard time navagating the new way.

I have been thinking about this sense the poll went up today and if we kept some of the old ones like Nalini Singh, Keri Arthur, Diana Gabaldon, JR Ward, Jeaniene Frost, Darynda Jones, Jennifer Estep, Trina, Devon Monk, Faith Hunter, Karen Chance, Ethan, Josh, Ty & Zane and then say when new releases come close we could pull open threads for KMM, Patricia Briggs, Kim Harrison, Nicole Peeler, Chloe Neill, Charlaine Harris ext. or vise versa and I think it would be great to open a thread for Pamela Clare her writing is fantastic and I would love to talk about her books. I still have yet to read all the ones she's written not to mention there so good I could reread or talk about them all the time and maybe we could do a poll of new author suggestions and what if we had threads for any Supernatural that wasn't included in any other thread and/or a thread for Historicals, even a thread for BDSM would be great. That type of reading is really taking off these days and if we did add a few other M/M threads of certain authors we could just have a simple thread for any M/M not covered as well. A Romance thread which I think we already have plus we should keep are happy Birthday, Name our Literary Poison and our Blah! Blah! Blah! thread.

That probably sounds confusing as all heck but in my head it makes total sense. smile

I see what you mean about Josh not even writing right now so what if we put him on the back burner till he starts writing again and anyone who wants to talk about him can just write about his books in a M/M thread. I know from my point I haven't even read all his books yet. I have a few but just haven't gotten to them.

Ok, I guess I have said enough. smile I'm a little chatty tonight. Damn flu bug kept me down for a few days now I'm all hyper. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 pm

I think trying to figure out what book goes into what genre can get confusing - so many books mix up genres! I wouldn't mind going back to the author threads so I don't have to debate over where my post belongs.

Basically I like what Starbrites suggested - author threads plus a few genre threads to catch the extras. If an author only has a couple books out (e.g. Deborah Harkness or Delilah Dawson) it's probably best to discuss their books in a catch-all thread. Open author-specific threads for authors with established series or several releases under their belts.

I also think Josh Lanyon's backlist is extensive enough that he could carry his own thread, sabbatical or no. We might have already read a lot of his books, but we need to think about the poor souls who pick up AE for the first time and need online therapy. We can't leave them hanging!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:17 am

Ok... So I know what to do with the Dick lit - but we still (IMO) need an umbrella genre - Dani Alexander, Ginn Hale, Nicole Kimberling, Kim Dare, ZAM, LB, Jordan, Voinov - these are some of my fave authors a lot of whom will have new books out soon... Where do we put them? Subbing in and out and trying to maintain the archives (without deleting lol) is very tricky and time consuming. This s what I propose :
1.Josh
2.Jordan
3.Abi
4.Ethan
5.Dick Lit General
(under Dick Lit general you can have the genres to cover other authors) but you will still need to figure out where to put what. Does that make sense?

Re the girlie bits authors - Nikki will sort them out smile but I don't think 5 designated M/M threads is excessive. I think in the past we had 20 authors covered although only a few got regular traffic . I will play with the Dick lit tonight and you can say yes or no.... Things are easy to change
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 am

My thoughts exactly you guys. We can keep it simple with the primary authors that we know will get most of the traffic and have a catch all thread for remainder. I guess we could create as needed or if enough request happen. ( had a flashback right then of our CN adventures over at CH )
Oh what trouble we started. roflmao

I will work on some at work today too smile
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 am

well my work is done..... the dick lit threads are set up. I tried to bring back all the old archived stuff - or if you prefer we can start the threads off from new again...your call.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:26 am

Ok. I will start to add back some of the older threads for the genres.

Back to top Go down
2shay

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 pm

/

Last edited by 2shay on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 pm

maybe my posts are invisible Shay - but I have in fact set the Dick Lit up - any comments on that would be appreciated. On that note... That was my last mod/admin duty... I will still post every now and then but feel that the tiny amount of time I actually spend here does a disservice to the regular posters. So if there is stuff you do want changed then someone else will need to do it.

It has been fun! But I really look forward to Nikkii's unveiling of the new improved site with a new name even?

I would also like to give a big shout out to Faye - who for the best part of the last year has been the only daily constant here, responsible for the polls and the mod'ing of the threads. She did sensational work on the reviews - how many of you even thought to thank her for that effort? wine So cheers Faye ! Thanks for all your work! air kiss
Back to top Go down
2shay

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:02 am

/

Last edited by 2shay on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks, Barb!

I did do the daily reading of posts to make sure we wouldn't be sued. Not that that was difficult in any way. It just took time that I don't really have the luxury of anymore. My summer has really gone crazy with my kids attempting to break themselves being thrown into the mix of their daily insanity. At least band hasn't started yet. I'm not letting my brain go there!
Back to top Go down
2shay

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:27 pm

/

Last edited by 2shay on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Yes thank you to all the MOD's with magical powers adm power and all the hard work you do. FLF wonderful bunch of gals here. drunk Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:54 am

Greencat wrote:
Yes thank you to all the MOD's with magical powers adm power and all the hard work you do. FLF wonderful bunch of gals here. drunk Cheers.

not worthy I second that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Old Ways ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Old Ways ???   The Old Ways ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Old Ways ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Recommendations...Calendar Of Upcoming Events...Book Releases...Polls-
Jump to: