SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Jeaniene Frost

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Finished. Such touching moments and lines! Loved it!!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 am

Yeah. I loved it, too.

star One Foot In the Grave star

Maybe I should do more rereads. Wow, wow, wow. That first book where Cat and Bones are first falling in love. Sheesh...beautiful...and so funny. All the trouble with Cat's mom. Meeting Timmy. Meeting Don and Tate for the first time. Cat learning to fight....and dress like a slut! **snort** I remember why my siggy is still my favorite quote. Came straight from this first book. My love affair with Cat and Bones is being re kindled. I hope you all caught my cute little double entendre..! heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:52 am

You should do the book club on frostfans.com/forum it is so much fun rereading together and noticing things and seeing other people's pov. Such great times on Sundays! We gave a break until the release party for TSOTG.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Finished it - read it first before Iron Crowned

star star Don't read this if you haven't read it.
I thought it was good. Not my favorite and I really don't know why. But any Bones and Cat is awesome just because it is them. It felt sort of scattered to me, like they were going to many places just for the purpose of cameos of other characters. The Don part did make me shed a tear. But I knew he would come back to her as a ghost. And as always there are many LOL moments that only JF can give us.

Yep - chapter 21 - not quite chapter 32 but it was enough that I noted the chapter number :D And I thought her super slut 48 hours was pretty funny. Oh to wake up in hand cuffs to a naked Bones smoking a ciggy. Man she is a lucky woman. But it would have been more fun if Ian had been around for it and had poked jabs at her for days! Yep, not enough Ian. So does Ian have the hots for Verites (sp)?

My biggest worry is how does this series end. I think there are two more books? Right? I don't want it ending with either of them or both of them dying but I have a nagging suspicion that this might be the outcome. Or Cat becomes some supervampqueen and no one can touch her. I hope it ends that way.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 am

star TDOTG star

Oh, Yes. I am rereading the whole series. I loved this book. Enough to make me go back to the beginning. I thought the short scene with Ian, though not enough, was priceless. I am going to have to skim back through and find the funny stuff that Vlad did. I never get enough of him, either.

star One Foot In The Grave star

I had forgotten how upset Cat was at the end of this book, and what a bitch her mother was. Damn.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:43 am

I am sort of mixingnupnthe names of the books. I have finished the first...Halfway To The Grave i am reading the second book, One Foot In The Grave...sheesh...

Tate just kissed Cat after her birthday party and told her, "I've wanted you from the first time I saw you in that hospital bed, looking like a goddamn angel with your red hair and your big grey eyes.". And, she was so mean to him! Broke his arm and gave him a concussion! I like Tate.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:54 pm

"and that, Annette, is called pilates"........oh, my gosh.....I am almost to chapter 32! How many times in a row can you read the same chapter over and over before you are considered a complete ocd? Can you be ocd about hot sex scenes?
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Hahaha - 2shay those are some awesome moments. I've reread this series many times, it is always fun to do. I think I just waited for this book too long and built it up too much in my head. Plus I had a cold so that might have influenced me. It just wasn't the page turner that I thought the others were. But I liked it! I love me some Bones in every possible way!!!!! ☀
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 pm

star TSOTG

Fav moments
Vlad and his witty comments and exchange with Cat and Bones and glimpses if his sensitive side
Mencheres and his moments with his gf
Cat looking at V and M's packages
Cat's few moments of the sluts
That Annette was not in it
Justina was kinda sweet
Tate didn't do anything stupid
Timmy!
Bones and Cat sexy and sweet romantic moments
Did I mention Vlad?

But I do agree with 2shay, not my favorite overall, but still had all those quirky, sweet, romantic, sad, funny, etc moments that I love, just felt this book was more a bridge to something bigger in the next one
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:06 pm

star tsotg
I also wonder if Cat will keep the power from Marie either because it is a ghoul power and unlike drinking from vamps, she gets no nourishment from it or like when Marie was human they drank blood to share that power I think that was it, right.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

star TSOTG star

I'm picking my way through this book (at about 40%), and I'm a bit disappointed in it so far. There's been some build-up so I'm thinking things are about to get more interesting. *crossing fingers*

I'm trying to figure out why I'm not connecting with this book, when I loved the previous Cat & Bones books. Maybe it is the lack of banter. Cat isn't having arguments or embarassing moments with anyone, and my favorite parts of this series center around those interactions between the characters. I also love the side characters, but this story centers more around Cat & Bones. Except for Unlce Don, and that situation is not comical. With all the emphasis on ghosts and Don's current condition it's also pretty obvious where that plot thread is heading. Vlad has had a nice little cameo, and so far the best line of the book is from him. "Premature inflamulation"! I could stand for more Vlad page time.

I prefer Bones when he's being seductive, charming, or even pissed off. So far, he's been entirely too calm, with his dialogue mostly limited to lecturing Cat on some point of supe politics or giving orders. He's not as playful. Sad I'm hoping that changes before the end of the book...supposedly there's a very hot chapter I haven't gotten to yet. Surely Bones' seductive side comes out to play soon!

I haven't seen any other negative reviews for TSOTG, it's all 4 and 5 stars on goodreads. Is it just me?

Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood, seeing as my mother is in the hospital, my daughter has the flu, and my water heater went out this morning.
Could be I'm setting myself up to dislike *anything* I read at the moment.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Dopple--Chapter 21. Not as good as Chapter 32, but pretty darn hot just the same. How's your mom? How is pretty baby girl? I don't care how the water heater is doing.**snort** Kill it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm on Chapter 15....getting close to this steamy chapt 21 then. Hopefully that will pick things up for me.

My daughter is doing a lot better this afternoon, will probably be back to school monday (hopefully). The water heater is toast, but getting replaced today. Mom's situation is complicated. Sad

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

uapeople wrote:
star TSOTG

Fav moments
Vlad and his witty comments and exchange with Cat and Bones and glimpses if his sensitive side
Cat looking at V and M's packages
Cat's few moments of the sluts
That Annette was not in it
Justina was kinda sweet
Tate didn't do anything stupid
Timmy!
Bones and Cat sexy and sweet romantic moments
Did I mention Vlad?

star TSOTG star

Totally agree with you uap! The ending was kind of slow, but it did leave for possibilities for future books.
The only thing I'd add is that I liked Cat taking control in chap. 21, vs. Bones usually taking the lead (not that I would mind that At. All.). :P

I didn't like the quick wedding with Don giving Cat away and the last word he said before he died that only C&B heard "Yes" was way cheesey. I hope C&B have a reception or something in another book to celebrate their nuptials.

I hope Tate gets his own book, but I doubt it. He deserves some happiness. Not his fault he fell in love with a woman who had already given her heart and soul to another. Wink

Does anyone else wonder if Spade and Denise had sex whilst Denise was in the form of Cat???? lol!
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:25 pm

star TSOTG
I didn't give it rave reviews DG, and I think it is for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I had a bad cold that week, but it took me 4 or 5 nights to read, and usually I plow through JF pretty quickly. Bones wasn't smexy and cheeky enough I think. But he still was Bones, which made him his royal hot self. Do keep reading though because it does get a little cheekier.

I think that a lot of the secondary characters are settled or about to be settled, Spade, Mencheres (sp?), Vlad to be settled, Tate seems to have given up, Ian knows better, Justina seems to not be as much of a bitch. Not that there needs to be someone else trying to get Cat in bed, but that the mystery is out of some of the other people. I hope that makes sense. Maybe the secondary books have taken a little mystery and steam out of C & B's?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 pm

star TSOTG star

OhYes, you may have nailed it. The world books took so much of the mystery from Spade and Mencheres. Hmmmm.....and we never did get to know more about Rodney and Justina's relationship. I hated that. Rodney was the only male who was man enough to turn Justina's head. Wow. That would have been a great story. I would have loved to be a voyeur right before and right after Cat and Bones caught 'em doing the nasty.
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:45 pm

star TSOTG star

I think that is it, too. Now I wish I hadn't read them, but then they would have been spoiled when I read C & B. Oh well. Mencheres is no longer dark and mysterious, not quite ever knowing what his motivations are. Now we know and understand him. Spade I was never that interested in, but there was a mystery to him, now he is just boring to me. Sorry, I didn't love his book, it was okay. And I know Vlad has two books coming and one of the things I always loved about him was that he obviously had feelings for Cat. Now he seems to have given up on that. I know I will enjoy his books, because I do want his background as well. But what I really what is IAN!!!!

All in all, I liked the book, it just missed a little is all, and that is ok, it gave me a little Bones jolt!!! Oh and I am going to change my siggy to the sparkly vampire quote from Bones once I get my book back from my friend and look it up.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:28 am

star TSOTG star

Things did pick up, and I ended up enjoying TSOTG after all. I think it improved when Vlad showed up and the bantering began. I liked seeing Timmie again, hopefully he will be in future books too. Marie makes a good baddie, or potential baddie. I found her much more fearsome than Apollyon.

OMG Chapter 21. She bit his penis!! :affraid: I'm still shaking my head, vamps or no, that is one kinky couple.

I did think the dialogue in this one was more forced and lecturing than in the previous books. The playful bantering is mostly gone, except with Vlad. Also gone, now that Cat & Bones' relationship is stable, is the romantic tension. Even Tate is leaving Cat alone, which is something I've wanted to happen all through this series but now I'm sorry it did!

The ending wasn't as much of a shocker and it was meant to be. I called that one early in the book. Sad

I never fully understood the reasons behind the Ghoul / Vamp conflict. It all centered around Cat, and fears that she would somehow merge vamp and ghoul powers and use that to subjugate ghouls, which is a logical leap I wasn't able to follow. Maybe the earlier parts of the book would have been more interesting if that made sense to me.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 am

Autumn aka Autumnleaves wrote:

Does anyone else wonder if Spade and Denise had sex whilst Denise was in the form of Cat???? lol!
yes, twin, I totally wondered that myself and wondered if it would be wrong or...I mean there was a good chance they could have died, so they'd want to have sex. I assumed she changed back to herself and then changed back to Cat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:30 pm

LOL twin! Warped minds think alike! I guess since she already turned herself into Cat once, she could probably turn herself back into her old self and back into Cat at anytime now. I would imagine she just needed Cat to be there the 1st time she morphed.

Yeah, I don't see Spade and Denise waiting to be together with death being a possible scenario in their plight to help Cat. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
star TSOTG star

OMG Chapter 21. She bit his penis!! :affraid: I'm still shaking my head, vamps or no, that is one kinky couple.

Yes, the biting of the penis caught me a little off guard. :D I guess Cat can retract her teeth anytime she wants to (even during the heat of passion) as at one point she is talking about going as far down as her teeth will allow her to go, and then all of the sudden she bites him along the way, and then bites him again at the base! :affraid: As they say, pain is so close to pleasure, but all I could think of was OUCH! lol!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm

I think even V might have flinched at that one!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:50 pm

I know! I may not sport that kind of equipment, but....ouchouchouchouch!

In addition to the pain, that's not exactly a good place from which to drain blood. Bones really is a sex genius for being able to perform after that! :oops:

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Well, I don't know. Remember Chapter 32. Bones bit her on the wrists, nipples and clit. That was when she was still half human and his vamp venom worked on her. I have that equipment and ouch, ouch ouch! I just have to believe that they take the whole pain/pleasure ratio to a different level that make me cringe.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Did Cat break the skin?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeaniene Frost   

Back to top Go down

Jeaniene Frost
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next