Share | 

Pale Demon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 am

Ok I'm at 85% and will have this finished this day, I swear!!!!

showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:40 am

I've waiting for your response when you finish GP. bounce

This was a fantastic book.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:42 pm

OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets's talk folks !!!bounce bounce bounce bounce

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:55 pm

I just started - I'll have to catch the chat later.
I thought it would be weird as I haven't re-read the last one I can barely remember it, but I just seemed to have slipped right back in smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:11 am

I'm 23% in. I really wish she would just buy some new sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:23 am

I found her little passive aggressive power play hilarious.
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:41 am

I'm half way through PD. I'm reading way too slow these days. So far I'm loving the book. I can't figure Trent out. One minute he seems eeevil and then the next minute he is just misunderstood. I can't wait to find ou what this "quest" is about.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 am

Elf Quest - sounds like a computer game.
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:46 am

star Up to chapter 23 star
Trent just said that he has trusted Rachel since camp. Does he mean trust or looove? Ha ha, gotta get back to the book. I love it. So dramatic.
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:47 am

dragonlady wrote:
Elf Quest - sounds like a computer game.

lol!
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:33 am

I just finished PD. Holy crap that was good. What the heck does that last sentence mean?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 am

I'm still reading...
star PD star
I'm at the bit where Rachel has just woken Al up to ask him to jump Trent and Jenks to Seattle
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:12 am

DL, do you remember the short story with Al and Ceri? --the one where he tricked her into being his familiar? Do you remember what the significance of the blue butterflies were? I only remember that they were there.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 am

I haven't read any of the shorts. The only time I remember the butterflies was when they were in the square and Al brushed them all from his coat to die - except for the chrysalis which he gave to Rachel.
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:43 am

Thanks DL, I very vaguely remember that.
star up to where you're at DL star
That was a nice little image of Trent putting his pants on and zipping up, no? Rachel can't dislike him that much if she is constantly finding him attractive.

(edited to add a spoiler star)
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:32 am

She is totally crushing on him all the time!!

star PD star
I was at the bit with the trial
- bastard Oliver!! OMG Trent's a Daddy!!!
Then I had to stop and leave work (-yes I know, I wasn't getting an awful lot done today) to do the school run and no matter how much I tried to ignore people while waiting for my daughter and read no one would take the hint and just leave me alone!! Honestly some peeps are sooo rude Wink

This book is soooo freakin' good I would read it whilst trying to do almost anything else - who says you can't read and cross busy roads/ride a bike etc??
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 am

The butterflies seems to be an Al thing, I just don't know what it means. I think Rach or Ceri had asked him in the short story or teh main series and he wouldn't tell her. But my memory is faulty!

star PD
so what was the last sentence? I forget! See senility has crept in! lol!
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

star the end star

last sentence: "And that was very fine information to have indeed." (The info is knowing that Trent liked the kiss.) I was left thinking, "What the heck?" "Information?" Is it good to have because Rachel feels the same? Is it good to have because she wants to use it against him? Does she want to manipulate him somehow? How does Rachel feel about Trent if she just thinks about it as good info to have?
Ahhh, the injustice of a good cliff hanger. I'm definitely left wanting more. And, now I'm dying to read the next book.

For me Rachel and Trent are definitely the biggest will they or won't they couple. I honestly have no idea if they will end up together or not. I'm hoping they do, but I really can't say which way I think it will go.

What are you thinking Uapeep?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:48 am

star star BIG SPOILS star star
Seriously look away if you haven't read ALL of Pale Demon.......

star If you are still looking now you have either finished it or you pretty much deserve to have it all ruined!! Don't be stubborn - look away!! star

OMG OMG OMG - I finished it last night!!! I had to stay up late to finish it and then I couldn't sleep as it was all just going around and around in my head!!!
So......random stuff
when she and Ivy said their 'good-bye' I really thought the whole thing was going to end in a different way.
Also when Rachel was in the tub in Trent's hotel in Calli she said she was 5'4" - wtf?? Am I the only one who always thought she was tall? And then later she mentions that Trent is a shade taller than her - seriously?? I alway saw him as about 5'10 at least.
Also - no one minded Trent stealing the baby?? Ok I know it was his baby, but still - baby napping??
I loved Al - he was so nice in this one, except for the bit about trying to bring Trent back to the Ever After in pieces, but he did think Rachel was dead.
Speaking of which Rachel is not just going to leave Pierce there - you know that little bracelet isn't going to last for long.
Can you believe she told Trent to forget the kiss when he was going to say something completely different??? OMG talk about sticking your foot in it!! And his baby already likes her - so they should be good to go huh??

Did I read in an interview (about a year ago) that we hadn't met Rachel's HEA yet?? Does that mean that it isn't Trent?? I've always wanted Trent to just respect her and maybe like her a bit so I'm pretty happy smile
This one definitely lived up to it's expectations.
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:32 am

I (literally) just read KH's blog, where she answered a query about Rachel's height. The 5'4" is a typo, she's actually 5'6", 5'8" in heels.

star PD star

I have to admit, I wasn't too concerned about the baby-knapping, because she's his child and it seems to be somewhat of an elven tradition in the "royal" families, so I kinda just went with it. I think mainly because Trent's interactions with Lucy are so sweet and he obviously genuinely loves her and wants the best for her (not that having a controlling say in the future of elves in any way enters his head :evil: ), and I don't think he would let anything bad ever happen to her.
KH also said that HEA to her means just that the characters are in a happy place, whether that includes a partner or not.
Apparently in the book she's currently writing, there is a new guy, but that doesn't necessarily put Ivy, Trent or Pierce out of the picture because a lot can still happen before the end of the series.
I loved, loved, loved this book. Out of the three Feb 22nd book releases I've read so far (still got Melissa Marr's Darkest Mercy to read), this is the only one that I had absolutely no disappointment of any kind with. Can't say enough good about it! (not that I didn't love the others - I did - just that this book was pretty much perfect :D

Last edited by b4v on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add for clarification)
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 am

b4v wrote:
I (literally) just read KH's blog, where she answered a query about Rachel's height. The 5'4" is a typo, she's actually 5'6", 5'8" in heels.

Ooh spooky :D

star star star star
I have to agree out of the 22/2 releases (I haven't read Cat & Bones yet) this was the only one that has left me on a high. However that is probably due to where we are in the series, previous books in this series have left me devastated.
I wasn't too upset about the baby napping either - I just thought I'd point out that it was pretty weird that no one else was either lol! Isn't it funny how Rachel insisted on having a say - think she definitely got more than she bargained for!!
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:23 am

star star star
lol! I know what you mean about the baby knapping, but then as a bunch, we seem to be pretty blase about a lot of things in our fictional worlds that would probably cause us to run away screaming in real life!
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 am

b4v wrote:
star star star
lol! I know what you mean about the baby knapping, but then as a bunch, we seem to be pretty blase about a lot of things in our fictional worlds that would probably cause us to run away screaming in real life!

OMG yeah like a hawt murdering badass - that would not float my boat in RL, shocking I know Laughing
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Even if it was Kye Wink DL?

Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 am

Dunno, if he shot my bud in the head I'd probably be kinda' pissed - but I would have run off and had lots of badass-gunslinging-hawt-diggidy sex with him from the start so that probably wouldn't have come up. He just needed the right woman. Personally I blame it all on Riley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pale Demon   

Back to top Go down

Pale Demon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next