Share | 

Blah! Blah! Blah!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Starbrites wrote:
roflmao Ok, I put a place up for you to talk about BDSM Sabby! BDSM should not mix with the regular folks. smile

I would have to agree, some of us are just plain scared when it come to BDSM roflmao hugs Sabby.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I really liked Master in the Mountain and Master of the Abyss. Those books were great.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I really liked the first one and I have the second ready to go. I just need to move it towards the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:55 pm

I liked the second book better than the first. Glad you are enjoying them.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 pm

RIGHT YOU ARE SB!!! Regular folks avert your eyes!!! Twisted Evil whipping Owen say what
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:17 am

So your not going to make me read it? phewwwww Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh no, is sabby going to make us all read it? whipping 50 Shades might be as much as I can handle!

star True Blood star
I gotta know what everyone else here thinks....what the hell is going on with True Blood? It's like they threw all the background about Fairy and the vampire authority & heirarchy away and just made up new stuff. Or maybe I just don't understand the connection. They should forget about that stuff and show more of Alcide!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

I tried to sneak in all ninja like but am just a muggle so was unable to complete my mission... Please can one of the Admin team delete my account. It has been a lot of fun over the years, but it is time to move on! Best of luck with all your endevours guys - the font in your buttons looks great btw! I never could figure out to change the nav bar buttons on my forum :-( cheers ... Good luck! See y'all on Facebook smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Well, I can't help you with that. I don't have the power! I didn't even know about the site stuff. Shows you what I know smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 pm

You don't have to delete your account. If you aren't interested in posting anymore, no big announcements are needed either. You can simply stop posting if you no longer wish to participate in the discussion.

We wish you luck at your new internet home, and hope you drop in from time to time to say hello.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks Dopp. I will leave it for a while then but reserve the right to request my eviction in the future. I feel I just need to draw a line under everything. But no hard feelings on any side I hope. We have all known eachother a long, long time.... Just read different stuff now, and things move on - not necccesarily up or down - sometimes lateral works too.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi everyone! *waves*

Hope you're all doing well. The site looks nice!
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Melissa
Long time smile

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi mlssglbrt9
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 pm

mlssglbrt - Howdy!!
You need to dish about all the book signings you've been to! FLF Do tell, do tell!!

Back to top Go down
amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Just wanted to say I love the new look!!! It looks great and also good to see different threads up so excited to see what everyone has been reading!!!
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 am

Wow, the site looks great!

I just watched last Sunday's True Blood. I never get to it on Sunday.
star True Blood star

Dopple, I love it that HBO has mostly abandoned the books. We get a whole new story. I'm hoping they don't eventually turn Alcide into a self serving user cause holy crap that actor is HOT. I mean WOW! I don't even need the tiger, she should date Alcide for a few seasons.

BTW, this is completely unrelated to anything, but I have to tell someone: My son's summer camp coach is so freaking hot I can barely talk to him without getting a big stupid smile on my face. HA! Nobody tell my husband! twirling
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:29 pm

amckuen & calimama ~ The site will be getting a new banner pretty soon too. I've seen a rough draft of it and it's pretty great. I think you guys will like it. smile

star True Blood star

Calimama, Maybe it's me but I get huffy over all the changes but that's not going to stop me from watching it. smile

In this last episode when Alcide challenged to be pack master I was excited because now maybe we will get Quinn. They can't have a challenge with no Quinn. Now, a good friend of mine tells me not to hold my breath -MEAN- I can hope can't I?

What do you guys think about Tara becoming a Vamp?? Maybe this will spice up her character cause she was getting on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:07 pm

The site looks amazing! Great job!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the site.
I just ask you guys to be patient with some of the text colors and background colors.
This is a work in progress to perfect the best combination smile

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Wow everything is so new and shiny!!!! muffin Great Job Guys!!!!!! high 5
Back to top Go down
calimama

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 am

star True Blood star

Starbrites, I didn't even think about what Alcide's challenge means. You're right that is exciting. I'm with you about Tara. She is annoying. I'm hoping that Pam can knock some sense into her. It bothered me in the first season or two that they weren't sticking to the books plot, but now I'm just enjoying it.

GP, the chat room looks cute.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:10 am

Hey you guys, to make it easier, I went ahead and brought back a TB thread for the time being. Wink

Thanks Cali. I'm playing with a few things still so nothing is set for sure. The text is real hard to read with that background but I have a few ideas to try smile

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:55 pm

I couldn't resist the cover of Terry Spear's book. It was the eyes, I swear. Who am I kidding. I didn't even notice the eyes.

Anyway, I have to read books in order. So I went to the library and picked up book 1. I'm 100 pages into it and I'm so bored. The hero is a jerk and the heroine was tranquilized, taken to a zoo and placed in a cage with a horny red wolf (It's a shifter book).

Has anyone read this series? Does it get better? I don't know if I should continue.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:19 pm

I wish I knew, planetcheese! I haven't read it, but I can totally understand getting suckered in by that cover!

But, from what you described I don't think you'd like the New Species series by Laurann Dohner.
They are addictive, but in a very guilty way. The writing is excellent, and I've been emotionally hooked very early in each of the books. BUT. If there was something more alpha than an alpha male, the New Species guys would be it. Sex is questionably consensual in these books. (I can very easily see the situation where a heroine would be traquilized and put in a cage with a horny wolf fit in the New Species books.) It's one of those books I enjoy when I'm in a specific mood, but I'm a little embarassed to admit I've read.

Question: Does the word 'pussy' used in a sex scene flip the scene from sexy to dirty? Or is that just my hangup?
I ask because it's used in the New Species books. It makes everything seem more bow-chicka-wow-wow to me, and I find myself mentally editing the word out or skimming over it.

Next question: devil Are my psychoses showing? angel LOL, I have a little love-hate thing going with Laurann Dohner.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: