SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Blah! Blah! Blah!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon May 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Been reading Deadlocked and I have to say it's pretty boring and bit depressing. Ya there's things going on but it's more day to day stuff.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for taking one for the team, Starbrites. Sad Somebody had to test the waters.

Is a little m/m action the next trend for PNR? I just saw online that Sherrilyn Kenyon's next League book is an m/m romance. So now we have Carriger, Ward, and Kenyon who have either written or commited to writing m/m romances. Not just a gay side character, but an actual romance story between feature characters. cheers

I just hope that if/when momentum picks up, the m/m authors we already know and love get more attention.

BTW, Sherri's latest League book, Born of Silence is awesome. The woman has her mojo back. Yay!! She better not fuck up the next one (Cloak & Silence)! My hopes are too high.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 7:25 am

roflmao Finally! The next big move, which Ward has already touch on, will be a move to more BDSM. These writers will ride the tidal wave of Fifty Shades.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 am

BDSM has been around in m/m for quite a while. It's another thing finally becoming mainstream.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 am

I did research. Do ya'll know that a research project that interviewed people in BDSM clubs all over the US and most of Europe, less than 30% of participants in the "lifestyle" are women? That say things, doesn't it? It also said that Doms/Dommes are in the minority by a very large percentage although they wouldn't give specific numbers because there are quite a few "switches". The percentage of Dommes to sub ratio is much higher that the percentage of Dom to sub. Reliable Doms/Dommes may be asked or approached by either gender and will usually accommodate if they aren't in a monogomous relationship. Very few in the club scenes involve penetrative sex, that is usually limited to more personal relationships, but not always. A very small percentage participate in "pain" exchanges involving anthing more than spanking. The bondage, the giving up control is the biggest draw for the majority. And toys! They nearly all want toys! Apparently dildos and vibrators and plugs while bound are the biggest deal.

Just me talking....not from the articles......I was pretty happy that so few women will "submit". Let the men be the slaves. YAY! You go girls....spank those men! Dommes rule!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Finished Deadlocked and I am just letting anyone know right now that below the stars there will be spoilers.. Big Spoilers! I will say that I liked the book but that is as far as I plan to go. 3 stars tops. Honestly I was depressed through much of the book. So anyone not reading this book I will have the jist of it below for you.. It's going to be a long post..

star Deadlocked star

First off I have to get this off my chest because out of the whole book this is what pissed me off the most. I am a huge Quinn fan. I know alot of people didn't like him but I did. To me he was one of my favorite Sookie suitors. Now saying that I have to say if you read the short story in the compainon where Sookie goes with Sam to Texas for a wedding you know that Quinn shows up and they finally have there moment where things seem to finally be good for them. Quinn gets a weregirl and I finally felt like he had some closure. That made me Happy but no of course CH could not just leave the poor guy alone. That would be a sin to have at least one person in this series be happy. Quinn calls Sookie for her Birthday and He tells her he is going to be a father. yay right? NO! The tigress is going to have the baby and then go into hiding leaving him with nothing. So basically she uses him to get pregnant and then dumps his ass. Then he says that his mother is worse and his sister had met a guy and took off and hasn't been seen sense. REALLY???? The poor guy can't catch a break. Why oh why couldn't CH just leave it? Now, I have to sit and think about one of my favorites being sad,depressed,lonely and ruined all over again. Just couldn't leave things as they were. URRRR!

Sookie's birthday~ She got gifts from everyone including Bill and Pam. She got a fight and Eric telling her she could fix this whole thing of him having to marry the Queen chick. The man didn't even get her a gift. WTF is that? Oh and Sam gave Sookie 1/3 of the bar. She is now a owner..

Tara has her Twins and Jason is going to get married again.

Everyone had there own personalties this time so that was nice.

Eric~ Sookie finds him drinking from some chicks neck in the bedroom at his house and then she ends up dead on the front lawn and the police show up. Now we have to know who killed her. No worries it wasn't Eric or any other Vampire. Still on the fence on going with the queen or not and he was a big part of the book but he was not actually in a lot of the book. I hope that makes sense. He also knows she has the Fae gift and wants her to use it to get him out of the marriage instead of just saying no he wont do it. Not that Eric says he knows about the gift it's all in his words and Niall admits he told Eric because he said Sookie needed to know what would happen if he believed she had power. Which I would like to know what that means. I don't know why my brain won't let me work it out but if anyone reads this and they know please tell me what Niall ment by that..

Bill~ was just background again. They went and saved a life together and he got her a wonderful necklace for her birthday and of course told her he loved her more then once but really he was just in the background.

Claude~ Had an evil plan with all those Fae.. He was trying to get them all against Niall so he could try to kill him. He did a lot to get his plan going and the reason he wanted to live at Sookie's was he could tell there was a fae object and he wanted it but he couldn't find it. He also set things up to make sookie sad and depressed ( Hired Jannalynn to get a twoey and gave her fae blood and had her sent to eric to have him feed off her and let sookie find out ) so that way Niall would come to make sure she was alright and then he could put his plan into action against Niall. It didn't work and by the end of the book Niall took all the fae back to fairyland with him.

Dermot~ Claude is the one who spelled him and Niall finally forgave him because none of it was his fault and to me that was the best part of the book. I really liked Deromt and he was never against Sookie. He really loved her. So though he wanted to stay with Sookie to finish his redecorating and watching his HGTV he really wanted to be with his father. awww!!

Jannalynn~ She worked with Claude and wanted to kill Alcide so she could take over the pack. She kidnapped,killed and plotted. Just another day in crazy land. smile She get's caught and taken infront of the pack along with Eric,Sookie and Sam there to watch. Eric's daytime guy challenges her to a sword fight because she kidnapped and almost killed Warren his best buddy but during there sword fight she trys to turn the table and kill Alcide but ends up hitting Sam instead and when she is distracted looking at her boyfriend she just hit in the neck with her sword, Mustapha (Eric's day guy) Chops her head off. So bye bye Jannalynn!

Sam~ Sam falls ready to die and Sookie runs to him and uses the fae gift to will him back to life. It works and Sam is with us once more.

BUT~ In the meantime Eric see's this and leaves without a word to Sookie...
Her Conversation with Sam about it goes like this..
Sam~ Where did Eric go?
Sookie~He left in a hurry. ~~~ You heard about Freyda. ( Queen chick ) I figure he's going to go with her. He new I had the fae gift that I used on you and I guess he thought it was kind of a test of my love.
Sam~ He exspected you to use it to save him from this marriage?
Sookie~ Ya. Evidently. And I kinda exspected him to tell her to go to hell as a test of his love.
Sam~ What do you think he will do?
Sookie~ He's Proud, I can't worry about it right now. I just want FC to take his people and leave and have some peace.

~~ Again I say that all these things happened and you would think there would be a lot of excitment but I didn't think so. Maybe someone else will feel differently but I just felt depressed about most of what went on.

One more book and then we can find out what the hell will happen to Sookie and the rest of the gang because CH still has to tell us what happens with Eric. I mean she can't just leave it at that and what about Pam and Bill? My guess is either Sookie ends up alone or with Sam. If I got my wish she would end up with Quinn but then that would make Quinn happy and we couldn't have that now could we???

Ok, So I just blew up this thread. Better be finishing up now. smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

starbrites---I read you post. You just made me very, very happy that I stopped reading these books a while back.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad that I could make you happy shay. lol
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Tue May 08, 2012 2:54 pm

twirling roflmao twirling
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 pm

The last Sookie Bookie I read was Dead in the Family. Even if Deadlocked were fantastic, I'd still hesitate to wade through Dead Reckoning to get there.
I still wanna know how it all ends up...I've suspected a Sookie and Sam HEA from the very beginning and dammit I want to know if I am right!

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 am

Hey, Everyone. It's raining. In fact....we are under a flash flood watch. Wow.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

Great, so the seed the farmers planted will get washed away. I'm glad you guys are finally getting rain, though.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 9:01 am

Fae--We have been so dry. Almost no one has started planting around here. There will be an incredible rush now. I have already had orders for seed and fertilizer this morning. I may be out of touch for a while, or barely around. But.....I have business! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 9:06 am

Wa-hoo! I hope you don't have to go very long before it rains again. More gently, next time. twirling

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 am

twirling twirling twirling
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 11:25 am

So so so happy for you Shay!!! very happy Bored

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 12:00 pm

WOOT
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Almost 2:00....still raining....and cold!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 am

Been sick for three days. Sad
Back to top Go down
readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Wed May 16, 2012 9:36 am

very sad Awww, I'm sorry you've been sick. I thought maybe you was just busy.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

twirling I hope you all go buy Jordan Price's new short, Turbulence1: Into The Burmuda Triangle....I get a mention in the back.....swoon....fainting....THUD! I am in a book, therefore I am!

I have been wanting to tell.......giggle.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Thu May 17, 2012 9:31 pm

It was free from JCP when I got it. I don't know if it still is. It's very good!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 am

Well, yes. I got it free, too! Oh, God....! I don't want to be a totaly ASS about this, but I am just buzzing that I got to be a first reader/advisor! Whatever....! But, I bought it from amazon, too, so that it can live in my archives forever!

Pamela Clare dedicated her new novella, Skin Deep, to her facebook I-Team fans. Since Readerchic and I post there every day.....that's us!
Back to top Go down
readerchic

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri May 18, 2012 8:43 am

I got that book too but I haven't put it on my Kindle yet. So, 2shay, you know the author? That is so cool that you are mentioned in the book. cheers
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Fri May 18, 2012 9:24 am

Readerchic! Well, I know Jordan the way all of us here know her. She has chatted with us several times. She writes some kick butt pr m/m books. You simply have got to read her PsyCops series! It is way up there with Josh Lanyon and Ethan Day for the BEST m/m's EVER.

At one of our chats, we played a little game.....to learn more about each other. Tell two true things about yourself and one lie. She remembered that one of my true things is that I'm a pilot. When she needed a little assistance on some aviation terms, she pm'd me on facebook. I was delighted to help, and got a first look at the story and had a great series of back and forth emails with a smart, smart writer. She is so talented. She designs all of her covers herself and has her own epublishing house, JCP Press. She totally kills it.

Or....one of the mods here reminded her. If so, she never said. She is damn smart, so I never really questioned that she remembered. I still don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: