View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:58 pm

You sounded surprised ... I am always all about the fat! Umm I mean facts Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 pm

So today's teaser is someone who's mind seems Fractured? I don't see how we can perv that one up. Mental illness and sexy just don't work well together. I probably don't even want to go there. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:55 am

My guess for today's quote is Saxton (talking to Blay). Poor Saxton. He and Blay simply aren't meant to last.

Who's going to dump who, I wonder.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 am

I haven't seen the teaser quote. However; I've been curious as to whether or not Qhuinn said Saxton was a slut because he wanted Blay there for himself, or if Saxton is really a slut.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:17 am

I think Saxton is a slut.

But I also think he's going to fall hard for Blay. How could he not? They are actually a well-matched couple.

Except that Saxton isn't Qhuinn. That kinda ruins it.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:04 pm

I don't know, I'm going to hold judgment on Saxton for a while. We haven't had his POV and don't really know all that much about him. He could go either way. And honestly, how many gay or bi characters does this series really need to have an HEA written for?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:35 pm

I have this awful suspicion that Saxton is going to be killed off. He just seems a bit...extraneous. Once his relationship to Blay ends, there's nowhere for him to go except minor characterhood.

I think we've seen enough of Saxton from previous books to know he's honorable, smart, and brave. Useless in a fight apparently, but not a coward. Makes it easy to put him in harms way.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 pm

It's that giant metaphorical red shirt he's wearing that gives you that impression, isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

LOL, Saxton is a redshirt!

I know at some point, he's not beaming back up.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I don't know if he'll die a noble death or just fade into the woodwork ignominiously. I'm still withholding judgment, but yeah, I don't see him beaming back up with the rest of the crew. I've always seen him as a bit of a plot string to get Blay where he needs to be in the fabric of the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

See I have felt quite meh about this book ... But snippets of Qhuay get me excited! I like Saxton, a lot! And if he is a slut - so what - he seems genuinely sweet, and Blay deserved and needed the attention! Loved how at Tres and Iam restaurant both Qhuinn and Blay just assumed that Saxton was paying attention and talking to Q and not B smile shine Blay, shine! So long as ultimately it is the Qhuay HEA then am more than happy for Blay and Saxton to sex it up slutty style Wink
Although I remember <shiver> when Q first kissed B ad says in the old language that if someone breaks Bs heart than watch out! So there is bound to be confrontation at some stage IMO
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm much more invested in Qhuinn and Blay as characters than in Payne and Manny. We don't know much about P&M yet, but we've been following the vampiteers for a while now!

Heck, I'm more invested in Saxton than Manny, and I'm theoretically offing Saxton. I'll admit it, I'm going to read Payne & Manny's book for Qhuinn, Blay, and V. I'm hoping for Lassiter, Rehv and the shadows too. But that might be asking too much considering Ward is introducing those vamps from the old country and giving a cameo/intro to a Fallen Angels character.
That's a lot for one book.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:57 pm

I don't really care that Saxton may be a slut either. I have no problem with Blay getting a little something something. My only issue with Saxton being a slut would be that he isn't going to get his heart broken when Blay and Qhuinn do ultimately get together. I've read some people think he is a wonderful guy who will be crushed and deserves his own HEA. I don't think we really know the guy. That is the only thing I'm saying one way or another. He is a largely unexplored character.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:18 pm

I haven't read any JR Ward since the first Fallen Angels book, that was ages ago. I'm keen for Qhuay's book but who is the next one on??
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Manny and Payne.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

didnt you read Lover Mine??
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm

It bugs me the hero of the next book is Manny. I've sat through too many episodes of "Handy Manny" to be able to think he is sexy. I'll be reading him with Wilmer Valderaama's voice in my head.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:40 am

I think I read Lover Mine, wasn't that ages ago?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 am

March is a five week month isn't it? We have five and 1/2 weeks to wait for LUl, right?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:39 am

4.5 weeks from today! smile

(32 days)

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:51 am

Niiiice.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:23 am

I just read this whole thread. And I am laughing my butt off from the pork, beef and veggies! This forum is going to be so much fun. Not on single ear tweak! Cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Book Depsitory have despatched my book cheers
Back to top Go down
Oh Yes

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 pm

You my friend are a lucky ducky! :geek:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes but post from UK to Aus can be up to a week - so long as I get it by the 29th I am a happy lucky ducky bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lover Unleashed   

Back to top Go down

Lover Unleashed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next