AuthorMessage
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 am

The boy smells like chocolate!! Does it for me smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.wearegoingonawitchhunt.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:56 am

It's to be released late this year. I'm not sure of an exact date.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am

I loved the ending. I didn't see it coming because I didn't know it was possible. NS made it beautiful and believable.

You will meet more of the Seven in the next two books. So am I the only one who thinks Venom is hot? Scary hot Twisted Evil I wonder how careful he has to be in bed, because of his venom?
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 am

Venom is definitely hot - boy has fangs! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am

And seeing as you were asking about Dmitri - ta da!
http://nalinisingh.blogspot.com/2011/03/archangels-blade.html
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 am

Ooohh, sounds good! Thanks DL :D
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 am

Doesn't it? Wondering about Honor now.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 am

Honor does sound interesting. And if I get to learn more about Dmitri along with her, all the better!

How is this series arranged? Is it a different couple for each book ending in a HEA, or does Elena and Raphael's story continue? It looks like Elena on the cover of the next couple books...so I'm hoping I get to read about her adjustment to being an angel.
I'd be constantly sitting on my wings, slamming them in doors, tripping over them (if they are long enough), and I don't even want to think about learning how to get dressed all over again. Then there's the general clumisness from having heavy things I'm not used to hanging off my back. Egads, I'd be a mess.

There was some forshadowing about how Elena was going to change things for the angels. I'm curious to see where that leads.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 am

The first three books of the series are Raphael and Elena. The fourth book is Dmitri's. I don't have any idea at all how Singh will handle subsequent books.
Back to top Go down
Dragonlady

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:17 pm

I know what you mean - I'm not done with Elena and Raphael yet either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Me neither... If you meant I didn't finish the last book Wink
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:05 pm

That backcover blurb sounds fantastic. And september's not toooo far away. Right? I think NS is just interspersing books about the 7 amongst the main ones about Raphael and Elena. That's the impression I got, anyway.

How come you didn't finish the last book (Archangel's Consort?), Swede?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:18 pm

side tracked Sad i will get back to it though! i was a bit Jactorised at the time - and nothing measured up Sad
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:24 pm

Ah, completely understand! I'm 61% through GhosTV and getting a bit anxious that there isn't another book in the series waiting for me! Jactor are just gorgeous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:32 pm

but then you can meet Adrien and Jake . . . who in different ways are just as good smile i think i may have pimped their series before, but just cant be sure lol
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 pm

I have vague recollections of reading something about them Wink Don't worry, they're on my amazon wishlist waiting to be downloaded once I've finished my current stack of library books!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Sep 6th is the release date for Archangel's Blade.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm

star Archangels Kiss star

I'm about halfway through AK. There isn't much I don't love anout it so far!
I'm so intrigued by Elena and Raphael, how they are trying to fit into a relationship with each other. Much like a newly married couple, they know they are in love, they want it to work, but living together requires compromise. Raphael is surprising me by how much he is compromising. He surprised me a lot in Angel's Blood too (I thought he was the villain until I'd gotten a third of the way into the book!). Raphael is so dynamic. I never know quite what to expect from him, which makes him interesting as hell.
I'm having a difficult time following the mystery in this one. There's no way I can remember which scents occured when, or which archangel has whiat motivation for each particular killing or attack. I've given up trying.
I am curious why Elena's PTSD is getting so much worse. Is it because her Making unlocked her mind, or something more sinister? Her dream visit from her mother was creepy forshadowing. I think Liquan has resurrected one of Elenas sisters, and is going to give her to Elena as a gift at the ball. At least that's my current theory. Wink

I love the scenes with the angel children. I hope Sam becomes a recurring character. So cute with his wings dragging like untied shoelaces. Poor little guy. heart

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Mon May 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Seriously!!!! Is there anything cuter than baby angels?

I love how Nalini gets dark and violent but gives us all the beautiful romance too. Perfection! Her worlds are always so vivid. She's one of my favorite authors for sure.

I like her sparring sessions with the Seven!! heart the Seven!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 pm

star Archangels Kiss star

Illium playing butterfly is awesome. Now I have a picture of him flitting about haphazardly with his blue wings. So far, Illium is the only one of the Seven that seems to enjoy being around Elena. So funny how all his gifts for Elena piss off Raphael. As nice as the knife Raphael gave Elena is, I wish she had been able to accept the one from Illium too. Elena is still human enough to need a friend and Illium is around all the time anyway.

I wondered if the knife/sheath analogy is something obvious to all angels and Illium was teasing Raphael with the gift, or if that was something Raphael came up with in his own jealous/possessive mind. I think it was an innocent gift and Raphael read too much in to it. But then again angelic culture seems very territorial and unfriendly. Perhaps any gift is overstepping.

I have noticed that Singh will switch scenes abruptly with nothing more than a paragraph break. I'll be reading along and suddenly the sentence I'm on doesn't fit the one before it. I'll read back a paragraph (every damn time!) before continuing to make sure I'm not losing my mind. Somehow by not interrupting the flow of text, the flow of my reading gets disrupted.

Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Fri May 13, 2011 6:25 pm

star Archangel's Consort star

I finished this and am sad there aren't any more Singh angel books for me to read until the next is released. I'm really looking forward to Archangel's Blade.

I did think this was the weakest of the three in the series. I figured out the twist in the mystery (and for me to do that, it has to be fairly obvious).
Since the mystery in Archangel's Kiss was so complicated I stopped trying to theorize, I probably shouldn't be too upset that it was more straightforward in this one. I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Singh has a way of turning descriptions into poetry. She tends to go a bit overboard in describing scents (what the hell is ice supposed to smell like anyway?). But she does make the sex scenes sizzle. Raphael's angel dance with Elena - OMG! drool

I couldn't help but imagine how angels would affect air travel for humans. I had a horrible vision in my head of what kind of variation on birdstrike testing it would take to make aircraft angel-proof. I think it would be an effective way of punishing bad vamps, actually. Splat!

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Fri May 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Only you would think of that.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Fri May 13, 2011 6:54 pm

I can't help it.
I didn't like the scene where Illium upturns the helicopter either...but I won't bore you with why. Wink

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Fri May 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah, I won't go on a linguistics rant if you don't go on an aerodynamics rant.

And yes, I did feel this was the weakest of the GH series. I do want to know why there is power in the quilt. What is up with that?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm

star AC star

Dopple, No mention of the Seven? WTH? I loved how much time we got with them in this book.

No No Floozie's have to mention the hawt men!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   

Back to top Go down

Guild Hunters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next