Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Hunters

Go down 
+7
Greencat
gracious-plenty
Doppleganger
b4v
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
Dragonlady
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Guild Hunters - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:17 pm

I agree. The traumatized romantic hero/heroine was overdone here. It's becoming a cliche, if it isn't already.

I thought about who the son might be, but didn't come up with anyone. There are a few characters who were protective of Honor and distrustful of Dmitri, but none of them stood out to me.

As for who Sorrow will end up with...it has to be an angel because she is terrified of angels. So naturally there will be one angel she finds inexplicably and irresistably attractive. Thats the schtick, so thats what I'm going with.
Now, which angel is most likely to be scared of Sorrow? Aodhen I think. Hes the one that doesn't like too be touched, right? He's also the most angelic, or least human appearing of the Seven. He would be my first guess.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm thinking Aodhen too. Pretty much for the exact same reasons you do.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm still playing catch up. I'm about halfway through Angel's Consort.

It's been a rough start for me with this one compared to any previous one. Not sure why either. Bluebell just showed up so I'm hoping this is a sign that it will pick up
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Consort was my least favorite of the series. I still liked it, and I don't remember specifically why I thought the first two books were better. I do remember wondering what the heck ice was supposed to smell like!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 pm

I wasn't impressed overmuch with Consort. Every series has a less than amazing book though.
Back to top Go down
jen_p99

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Ok I have devoured this series...by far archangel's blade is my favorite....a gal passed this to me in book club she said she wasn't sure I would like it becuase there was a bunch of S&M and all that stuff...well I think she read this differently than I have...I am almost done I had to put it down after the sultry honey part...smile I find this book to be my fav because it is the ultimite revenge for a horrific thing that was done. I think that this was written very well and as my friend said there is a lot of violence in this book but not sure if I would say s&M so much (but then again I'm not quite done with it yet)...I love that she has explained why demitri is the way he is and I love the draw between he and Honor...my favorite passage/quote so far is "I have scars." Those responsible for creating those scars would pay for decades to come, becasue Demitri had no mercey or forgiveness in him. Not for this crime. "I see only you." Another lingering kiss before he drew back. "And you're my own personal addiction." LOVE IT....Dopp mentioned above that who would want to have sex after being terrified...well I think that this is the trust and deep passion that they have between each other and such a brave thing he did by going down on one knee and saying sorry...I think that there was just so much sexual tension between them that if it didn't happen then it would have never happened and you have to say her senses were probably at their very highest after her near attack from Demitri why not plung into it even further....some of the best sex comes after a fight anyways...again I love this book and would only recomend it to friends that I think could handle the violence in this book....I will update when I am completely finished and I can't wait to read more or her work
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Hahaha, Jen! It was hawt make-up sex!

It was touching when Dmitri apologized. I didn't see that coming any more than Honor did. I thought he was going to leave and mope. Or leave and find something to kill - Dmitri isn't much of a moper.

I did notice a light S&M theme in the book. In much of the book Dmitri is restraining himself from his desire to dominate Honor physically because she simply can't take it. It was a dark book, but I don't think it was Dmitri's S&M kink that made it that way. It was, you know, all the brutal torture, rape, murder, PTSD, and decapitation that sent it to the dark side.

When I think of an S&M book, I think of The Vampire Queen's Servant . whipping
I made the mistake of googling one of the 'devices' used in that book. Uuuughghhh. I will never be able to scrub my soul clean of that image. (Why would anyone do that? WHY?!?)
Archangel's Blade seems so tame in comparison, it's hard to even think of it as an S&M book at all.
Back to top Go down
jen_p99

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 pm

yes I agree Dopp...it had some tendincies towards S&M but not full blown like vampire queen...although I really enjoyed that book too smile but then again I am not an expert in s&m and have a hard time figuring out what is considered that and not...I had a hard time with the I think Jena Black book we read...now that was a little much for me having your partner do things in front of others that he did not want to do that was almost like forcing and I don't think it was written very well.... I on the other hand do not see Demitri like he is printed on the front cover of the book...but over all yes this is by far my fav one yet and can't wait til the next one comes out..this series will be one that I download on my new kindle touch when it comes in the mail smile see you tomorrow
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Damn I'm still reading Consort. Mad

I wanna join in on conversation too tantrum
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:37 am

Then hurry up and read, gp! You have the power to change your predicament.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 am

We could hop over to the Guild Hunters thread and chat about Consort, too
thinking
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 am

I wish Andy. I seem to have zero time of late. State testing all this week so my time has been helping the nephew out. We did tutoring last night, then we both had to do our weekly water changes on gracious-plenty
That alone takes a few hours because I like to really make everything sparkly clean and fishes happy
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Do I really want to go look up Vampire Queen, it's sounds ummm interesting. And I got don't go goggling things I don't want to under stand from Dopple lol.

This is still my favourite of the series.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Just saw Nalini Singh posted on Facebook that the next book in the guild hunter series will be Archangels Storm due out September 2012 and it's featuring Jason..
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Yay!!! Of course I'm pretty happy with anyone from this series getting a book.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Yay! I am looking forward to his book more than Dimitri's book. Thanks for the info Starbrites hugs
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 am

I find Jason very, very intriguing. I'm very happy we're getting his book!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:09 am

Starbrites is awesome! She made us all happy.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:38 pm

I am really happy about this book. I find Jason very interesting. To be honest I love how she is writing all these side character books. I kinda like them better then the original characters..
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 am

Jason is getting the next book happy dance I see a road trip to a signing in my future smile
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am

I can't believe we're getting a Jason book.. happy dance Who do you think Jason's love interest will be??- I was thinking maybe Sorrow (Holly) but then again I loved the banter between her and Venom.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 am

Venom is my other favorite at the moment. I love his scary ass heart
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:53 am

Yea, I think I like Venom more than Jason but that may change when we get to see more of Jason next year. I hope we get a Venom book in the future yummy
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

I'm still hoping Illium is next after Jason. Or the Seven who doesn't like to be touched. I sooo want more of his backstory.
I brainfart his name every single time I try to post about him! Obviously there needs to be an entire novel about him to cement his name in my memory. cuckoo
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:35 am

Aoeden? I want his story too! Nalini has to write Illium's story. He's a fan favorite and she's been teasing us with him since the beginning. EVERYONE wants more Illium flirty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Hunters   Guild Hunters - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Hunters
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next