Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS

Go down 
+9
ferdy
uapeople
sabby
Greencat
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
gracious-plenty
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Empty
PostSubject: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:30 pm

werewolf It's All About The Weres !!! curran

heart This thread is a place to chat about all our furry and ill tempered but yet delicious UF/PR Weres heart

Because of the growing popularity of this genre, it 's just to hard to keep up with every author's individual threads. So to simplfy things, we can discuss whatever and whomever here !!! yap-yap

On special occassions like new book release day and author chats, then we'll bring back their individual threads which are currently archived. excited

G-P, Fae, showme, Dopp and Swede FLF
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Anyone besides me reading the new Patricia Briggs? Fair Game released this morning, the new Alpha and Omega book.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm not. I'm not a big fan of Anna.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm waiting for some reviews first. River Marked was one of my big disappointments of 2011, so I'm skeptical of Briggs.
Let me know what you think Shay.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:27 pm

I requested it from the library. But the wait is pretty long. But i'm ok to wait. I read the other books but I wasn't a big fan so I wasn't about to spend the money on buying it but I can't not read it either.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:11 pm

I need to start this series haven't got to book one yet. How many in this series so far?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Fair Game is the third and I think final book in the Alpha and Omega series. There is a prequel novella too, so 4 books total.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:32 pm

star FAIR GAME star

This may not be a great review for some of you. I agree with Dopple, River Marked was a big disappointment. Unlike some of you, though, I have been a bigger fan of Charles and Anna's than I ever was of Mercy and Adam. I loved Anna from the first and fell pretty hard for Charles, but it took longer. I like being in this part of the story because I like Bran and even the very strange Azil.

All that having been said, I think this is the best book in either side of the series. A lot of things happen, and I think that their "world" is about to get extremely rocky.

Again, JMO, but I think this is the best PB has done since she first introduced Mercy.

I wasn't sure that I would ever read another after RM. This has changed my mind. I love love the whole Omega dynamic. I know that others don't.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:24 pm

So I just read Stunner by Trina M. Lee and I didn't know where to put my opinion. She is Were and Aryes is Vamp and sense it was a short about there first meeting I was at a loss as to where to say I forget how much I heart that Vampire! smile It was an excellent short. She has it for free at Smashwords and .99 cents over at Amazon. Not to sure about other places. Reading there first meeting was great but damn, now I want the next book in the series.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Ok so I detoured from Jennifer Estep's By A Thread to quickly read River Marked.

I told ya I was playing major catch up smile

Anyways I'm almost done with it. At 82% now.

I know some mentioned they were disappointed with this one but I kind of like it. I like that finally we got more info on her real dad and that he plays a major role in this book. Lots of Adam/ Mercy which I love.

Curious but what was some o your guys disappointments with this one???
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 pm

I don't remember all the things that disappointed me. I have sort of put it out of my head. I have probably read 50 books (at least) since this one. I remember being just generally bored. The whole camping trip.....bored. I was even bored with the monster in the lake. Just bored. Barely finished.

The new Alpha and Omega on the other hand was not boring. To me.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm

It was boring. I didn't finish it. I liked that Adam and Mercy were married, but that didn't mean their romance needed to be dead. I don't need details at all to find a book romantic. River Marked was just blah. BLAH.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 pm

2shay wrote:
I don't remember all the things that disappointed me. I have sort of put it out of my head. I have probably read 50 books (at least) since this one. I remember being just generally bored. The whole camping trip.....bored. I was even bored with the monster in the lake. Just bored. Barely finished.

The new Alpha and Omega on the other hand was not boring. To me.

Bored you say? smile Adam never once complemented his new wife. WTF is up with that? I love the series but them 2 out alone without any side characters to steal the show is a big no no in my book. Hopefully the next one will be a whole lot better.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 pm

The scene at the cafe is what upset me. Mercy notices all the attention Adam is getting and jokes around, gets all dreamy-eyed, and tells him he's beautiful. She's thinking that she isn't pretty enough for him, and it ticked me off that Adam didn't do anything to alleviate that. Seemed out of character for a newlywed couple too. It was just....wrong. Sad
I could have lived with being ticked at Adam over that if the camping hadn't been so boring. I loved the beginning with Stefan (I always love Stefan). But once Adam and Mercy went out to their camper honeymoon it was a snorefest. I gave up on the book and didn't finish.

I've heard nothing but good things about Fair Game though. I'm going to read that one!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 pm

I also didn't particularly like RM either although I didnt dislike it as much as the others.... probably because they are probably in my top 3 couples (most of the time) ok well definitely in my top 10!!

Where the annoyance started for me was the WEDDING!!! We all know that Mercy is anti frilly but the way her dress was described it seemed like it was a sight to be remembered... YET no one commented on how stunning she looked; not even like a joke from Ben which I would've appreciated for what it was. NOTHING!! And than the cafe scene that Dopple mentioned as well.

Definitely no side characters hurt a lot. Not enough Stephan, Ben cant remember name of the 3rd and his partner. It just became lack luster. And for a book that was supposed to give us more info on Mercy's background it just felt convuluted and not very interesting. But I still love them!!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 pm

spoilers FAIR GAME spoilers

I am NOT an Anna fan! I think she's kind of whiny and when she's not she just seems to syrupy sweet and not very dynamic. I like the Omega twist just not her. I realize that what she went thru was extremely traumatic... but still unfortunately I still not a fan. I read this series for Charles and Bran; who I heart yummy

That being said this was the best book of This series so far, for me. We were able to see their relationship a little more in depth which makes sense, since they got together so quickly. And the storyline was killer!! I'm surprised with the ending (which was OUTRAGEOUS) that this is the last in the series. I can only assume that PB will be picking up the continuing impact of the end in FG in the Mercy series which I cant wait for. Its should be amazing!! I definitely reccomend for ya'll who were discouraged to forge on; I dont think you will be disappointed. flirty
And amazingly we get more smexy in this book than any other book in either series; its even slightly voyeuristic inappropriate smexy which makes that much more... surprising!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:39 am

OK wow...smile

Well yes it was a smidget boring, but I still didn't mind it. It was great but I still liked it. I liked Coyote.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 am

In fairness, one of the reasons I was so disappointed was that I had built up high expectations.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:59 am

I'm one of the few people who were disappointed by Silver Borne. I didn't really have high expectations for River marked. I had high hopes. I loved the first 4 books in the series.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 am

I was very disappointed in SB also and still haven't even thought about reading the new one, though I did preorder. I still have Keri Arthur's to finish and then the book club selection. Haven't had time.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Sabby---I agree! I loved this book partly because I think it is setting up the next Mercy book to be fantastic! Crap. I hope that didn't kinx the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:52 am

Finished Keri Arthur's Risa 2nd book. I found it took me a really long time to read this one. I don't know if it was real life or this was my first Keri Arthur meh book. I guess I'll wait for some others to read and let me know if it was just me. usually she doesn't dissapoint ever.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Started new Patricia Briggs today. Forgot how much I missed Bran, Anna, Charles, etc.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 pm

star Fair Game star

I just finished Fair Game a few days ago. I think I'm one of the few that's liking Anna more and more with each book - she's more stronger, confident twirling and capable. Granted she doesn't have that inner spark and charm that Mercy has but I think she's streets ahead personality wise since book 1. It was cool to see Anna fight don\'t go for her relationship with Charles, even when he kept pushing her away. I thought Anna would eventually give up, become distant and start to think Charles didn't want her..but Anna doesn't lose faith in their relationship hugs .
Again I think I'm one of the few that have never been enamoured with Charles - he's too arrogant of his own power and he's also a little bland coffee . I did find his protectiveness of Anna sweet and liked how growly he got when anyone got to close to her. I would have been more pleased if his epiphany about carrying out his father's orders vs losing his sanity and thus losing Anna had happened sooner.
I wish there had been more Bran, he's such a complex & layered character and he's far more interesting than Charles. Bran is in a difficult position, I wanted to hate cussing him because he's ultimately destroying his son to protect his pack but i found it hard not to sympathize with him. Bran has to balance his duties as a father to that of an alpha. I'd really like this to be explored more in future books because it'd fascinating to see what Bran's limits as an alpha are. I'd also like to see more of the Bran/Leah relationship. I know everyone hates Leah but I don't blame her for being how she is..who wouldn't be bitter, cruel and angry knowing that their partner didn't even like them and never being able to have the one thing they want - a child. I think I'm one of the few that would like to see Leah get a HEA.
One thing I dislike about Patricia Brigg's books are the amount of female characters who end up being raped and abused. I don't think Mercy and Anna's sexual abuse have been handled all that well..with both of them committing to a very serious relationship so soon after their ordeals and then having the rapes/abuse just brushed under the carpet when it's inconveniant to the story.
I also disliked some of the dialogue and writing, it was frustrating to read as it didn't flow very well.
The ending was brilliant. I was so happy to see justice done Owen . I really wasn't expecting the fae to retaliate .. I'm looking forward to see how the fae declaring themselves their own nation will impact Mercy's and Anna's worlds in future books excited .
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:08 am

I thought FAIR GAME was AMAZING. I like Anna. I didn't know this was the last book in this series though. Sad Are you sure? don\'t go Damn! I liked that the timelines of the two series caught up with one another. I loved this series because we got to see more Charles and Bran. (I love Bran.)

The ending of star FAIR GAME star has me soooooooooooo worried (and excited) to see what is going to come of our Fae friends in the Mercy series. Seems like Samuel just got his lady love/ chance at healing. (And I adore Samuel.)

I'm surprised at how many people didn't like Silverborne. That was one of my favorites of the series. Moon Called, Iron Kissed, and Silverborne. I know a lot of people didn't like Rivermarked. I liked it well enough. Not my favorite, but I liked learning more about Mercy's past.

I didn't even realize the new Keri Arthur books w/ Risa were out. I'll have to pick it up. I wanted to read the second book in the myths & monsters series, too. I know... not weres.

Okay... Really though... No more Alpha & Omega series???? The problem is that I like just about all of Briggs' characters so much that I want to see more of them. I want to see more Tom & Moira (Emerald City Pack/ Blind white witch)... I was sooooooooooo happy we got to see a bit of them after the short story they were introduced in.

I love rereading these series... when does the next Mercy book come out. That would give me an excuse to reread both series in chronological order. Love it excited
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next