Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF....I'm so over it already !!!

Go down 
+11
b4v
Greencat
Starbrites
Barbara
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
mlssglbrt9
Doppleganger
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:57 am

star DEADLOCKED star

Ok I finished and well....I didn;t hate it per say. I was definitely an improvement from the previous two books that for sure. Sookie didn't get on my nerves as bad either in this one like she usually does. The one complaint that I still have is who the hell is this new Eric. CH has really changed his character from the earlier books. It's almost a turn off for me scratch

I found his and her relationship is DL to be disturbing. I now know I think for sure who Sookie is going to end up with. She had a lot of longing thoughts. Like when Tara had her twins. You could see her inner struggle that if she remained with Eric, she would never have a chance to have children (with him at least)
I'm not surprised really. I think deep down I always knew that Eric was probably not going to be her HEA.
The page time too for Eric was strange for me. This book was centered around a murder that happened in his front lawn and he was a suspect. You would think that he would have have more page time then what he did. Dermot to me had the most page time next to Sookie, and honestly I have no clue even as to the why.
Oh well. The flow was good IMO but the ending was too rushed.

Overall 3 out of 5 star

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add if my grammer& spelling suck it was because I was rushed to type this at work ;))
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:00 am

I gave it 3 stars too g-p. My little review is on the blah blah blah thread. I don't know about you but the book made me depressed most of the time. Your correct it was better then the last few but not top notch that's for sure. I'm glad there's only one book left. It's time to put this series to rest.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:08 pm

I think I may reda deadlocked. Just finished a wolf book in the Terry Spears series and before I start the next I'm gonna try and squeeze it in. I loved loved loved the earlier books so I am hopeful for some of that magic back and I did kinda think the last one was much better than the previous 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:02 pm

started. Read 1 1/2 chapters. Nothing all too wonderful, just setting up the book and reminding us what happened prior. So far fae politics, humans, vamps and weres all in turmoil.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm on chapter 5 of Deadlocked and yeah I'm underwhelmed!!! Without giving anything away I'm mad a character who I didn't think we'd see again is back and its just annoying knowing that there is only one more book left there should be more storylines tied up not unknotted again!!!!! Mad cussing
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Well now that you've said it I want to know which character your mad at. smile
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

hhmmm scratch let's see thinking ooohh secret I'll message you!! Wink
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:20 am

could it be a striped purr kitty ???
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm

I have finished Deadlocked and agree mostly with everyone else. 3 out of 5, better than the last two books but still lacking. To me it was like she was going to start something with the Hooligans gang but then nudda? Kinda wondering what the point of that was? If the HEA is going the way we think it's going and I hope that is a red herring really I do, I will be so gutted. But it is that last book so probably not. I would love to see the series finish with a bang but have the feeling it may finish with a wee poof instead. We will know this time next year. I\'m waiting
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Nope not the purr kitty although I'm really upset about that as well!!! Mad Even though this book is short haven't gotten thru it yet Rolling Eyes I keep looking for other things to do.. like nails bathtime :laundrytime vaccum those last 2 should really tell you how unenthusiastic I am abou this book. tongue maybe I should try this loo Laughing
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Yup, I also gave this book a 3 on GR. Although, I like CH's writing style and finished it within 5 hours. That said, I wasn't exactly happy with the overall content - but it did keep me slightly entertained.

Definitely better than the last 2 books.

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I thought it was the purr kitty too or was it vampy ? Do tell Ms Sabby.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 7:44 am

star deadloocked end star

First I think this book was a bridging book setting up for the rest.

Second, was the one fae at the strip club the one from the short that Sookie was with (that pretended to be a were)

Something really fishy thrown in there was the happy endings list (which really could happen). Then she asks Bill his happy ending which could happen (that she loves him and asks him to turn her but he doesn't because he loves her too much). That and the fact that she questions if Eric would sacrifice himself for her and that that is exactly what Bill has done. The whole birthday conversation about Bill would say I loved her the most...and the really thoughtful birthday gift of the grandma cameo necklace says Bill in the end BUT I think that Bill the red herring....The fact that Sam constanly picks women that will never last or that he can't comepletely fall for and how Sookie is always talking kids and he can give them. Also he made her a partner without a relationship or strings...and then Sookie using the clovel whataface to save Sam, I think he's the HEA. I always hought that though I was always silently wishing for Bill (and maybe she will have had sex with that fae from the short so they would have kids...or borrow some sperm from terry so to have Bill's line). Well she really does hate the striped curran but it almost seems unjust. she just has no patience for him. As for the werewolf , I think so is so over him and thir personalities will never let them be a couple. I think Eric is out after this book. I think he will marry the queen and will learn to really care for the queen and be happy. I think Pam will stay and run Fangtasia and be Sookie's friend because one strong female (the queen) around Eric will clash big time with Pam. I wonder if that really is the end of fae coming through.

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Are we still guessing on who Sabby was ticked off at seeing? I've gave it some thought and I think it's someone as old as time and has pointy ears. smile hope that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:19 pm

star Deadlocked spoilers look away star

wine you got it SB!! cheers I mean I guess it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise since CH kept alluding to the Fae "left behind" hanging around Hooligans (which I find hilarious btw) but I dont know there is just so much to wrap up with the upheaval of Vamp politics; The humans reaction to both vamps and of course the were's/shifters. I was just hoping for cleaner resolutions to some of these big important topics much more then stupid vain Claude trying to topple his grandpa. I mean hello been there done that couldn't be done!! Rolling Eyes Owen It just annoyed me. It felt like this book was mostly filler of Sookie's daily mundane activities. And really Jannalyn taking over for Alcide as well just felt..... "unbelievable". I gave it 3 stars on GR but the more I think about it I was being very kind!! No No
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh Sabby - You rule on so many levels! happy dance

Bill, schimill. Get over it already. So not gonna happen. And, just by chance it does - I am forming a worldwide book burning for rape survivors and will find sponsorship funding for the costs of T-Shirts and other items in promotion of the wrongness.

WTF? with Quinn? So not happy that he didn't get his HEA. Not happy that he is still drooling over Sookie - WTF? It's not her blood that attracts him, so WTF?

Silent plea in my head to Charlaine: Please get your shit toghether and make this expensive purchase of your journey worth the ride. Jusy sayin...

Last edited by autumnleaves on Sat May 19, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:28 am

It's unfortunate that in some ways Sookie has become one of those characters that all the men inexplicably fall madly in love with her, and simply can't forget her.

I adored the earlier books. For me the series stops at book eight.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:06 am

Fae--I don't remember the exact book, but 8 sounds about right. It just sort of .... fizzeled. Really too bad. Sookie is what brought most of us together. I hated to abandon the series for that reason, even though the last couple I read were pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:08 pm

The Sookie series to me is like the LKH series to some - I have to know how it ends therefore I read no matter how awful the writing and/or weak plotlines.

Deadlocked wasn't bad - but it definitely was not like the earlier books either.

I don't think I'll be reading the new series that CH has in development with a mixture of her other characters. JMO - but that seems to be drawing on the empathy of her fans for those characters. Just don't see how it will work successfully. She has been stating for years that she wants to write something besides Sookie - so why not start fresh?
Back to top Go down
autumnleaves

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:15 pm

star Spoilerish star

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I think Eric is still a possibility for her HEA. Not that she deserves him.

Sam has been there from book one and there has been no sparks outside of the kiss they once shared in book 2 or 3. I don't see how Sookie can magically discover that she loves him all of a sudden and/or him loving her in an instant. But, anything is possible.

This series was one of my favorites, it is sad to see its demise. It would be great if CH focused more on plot than on catching us up on the suitors and/or why it didn't work out for them.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Yeah, I have to read Anita even though I spend the whole book thinking, "WTF?!"
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:06 pm

star Deadlocked star

It is sad that this series was one of my faves and now.... I'm so ambivalent about it. I was one of the few QUINN lovers; I thought he was the most fantastic suitor!! I just couldn't get enough of that Tiger!! And to this day I still haven't read the Sookie Companion that had him in the novela. I just dont want to read how she has ruined his character likes she's done with so many of the others. I've rearead the first 7 or 8 books like 4 or 5X and I did that because each time it felt like I was revisiting old friends..... now they feel like strangers that I dont like very much! Sad I know this probably makes me sound cuckoo but no idea .
I'm just curious what happened to CH... I mean to have 1 "off" book ok but this has gotten tragic!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:29 am

Tragic....! I saw a Facebook post recently that said CH had been really rude to some posters on her fan page. I don't remember exactly what was said...pretty much told them to just shut up and leave if they didn't like the book, characters...whatever. I am not a Facebook friend to CH, if any of you are, do you remember anything like that?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:25 am

Wow, that's unfortunate if she's lashing out at fans. She has long been saying that she won't be shocked if readers didn't like the way the series ended and she never intended it to have an HEA, but if that's what you planned all along, and you knew people wouldn't like it lashing out makes no sense at all.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:03 am

I think theres been a change in attitude since the Entertainment Weekly 'worst of 2011' article.
She's on the defensive more. For a long time, everything she wrote was golden and the worst critism she got was that she wrote too slow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF....I'm so over it already !!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: