SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:10 am

Holy sh!t
64 members now and counting

WOOHOO bounce bounce

Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:58 am

Wow! You've passed the 50-mark and are heading towards your first 100! Woot! cheers

Welcome caligrl and throy! Please join in with us on the other threads. We don't bite....hard. smile

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
MHaskell

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Everyone! <waves>

I'm Megan, found the site because of Faith Hunter...I'm an aspiring author, have been reading fantasy and SF of all subgenres for years and years and years...you get the idea. Lately I've been spending more time writing than reading, but I still try to keep up with the latest releases as much as possible. Favorite authors include (but are not limited to): Faith Hunter, Orson Scott Card, Celine Kiernan, Gail Carriger, Stephanie Meyer (though more for The Host than for Twilight). Who's the hottest? Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Or maybe Lord Maccon from Carriger's The Parasol Protectorate series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rantingravingwriting.blogspot.com
sweetsymphony

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:55 am

Hi everyone! I found this site thanks to Faith Hunter on my facebook about her chat. Reading over several posts, I think I'm in the right place. Can't wait to read and discuss books with ya'll. I'm always looking for new series to read as I go through them faster than I like. My nook is my new best friend, 8) instant gratification and all that.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi sweetsymphony! I love my Nook too!!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Megan..Welcome cheers
I two am an aspiring writer. There is a few of us actually on here. dragonlady who is of the mod's is my writing buddy actually. I read way more than I write sadly. I get very distracted Twisted Evil So glad to have you join. We all here are HUGE fans of Faith. We are dubbed her Puddy Tats from another site. She is our Alpha bounce

Welcome sweetsymphony cheers :bouce: We are thrilled to have you. You sound like you are definitly in the right place. I am also a E-Reader owner. I have a Kindle. On my third one actually. She is also my best friend Wink

Hope to see you guys at the chat tonight!!!!! bounce bounce

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Hello,
I am new here! I found the site through Faith Hunter's website. My name is Melissa. I am tickled pink to find a site like this. None of my friends read the same things I do, so it will be great to see some people who also love this genre!

Well, I am going to go looking around!
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Yeah, another Eric lover!!!!! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
kimba

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Welcome to all newbies! And caligirl,alot of us PURLS met on the CH site! We all come here to laugh and enjoy discussing books,and wahtever is on our minds!

Devoted fan of Eric,Curran,Bones,Barrons,Dorian,Owen,Leo/Rick,WrathRhage,Z,to name just a few!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:42 pm

All new members be sure to visit the HAWT spot in the Gallery, just saying Twisted Evil
And welcome.... Hope you all keep coming back, keep posting, and keep spreading the word - the gospel according to the PURLS Wink Pimp it to the max!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Welcome Melissa cheers
Glad you found us and hope you stick around. We do share your same taste in books Wink
WooHoo another Eric fan!!!

2shay

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Wow! Welcome to all the newbies! You will love it here, and we will love having you.
Back to top Go down
LynnL

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi, I found a link for this forum on Faith Hunter's site. I am an avid reader and participate in a couple other paranormal sites. I really enjoy author chats; there is nothing cooler that being able to ask question about books I adore.
Back to top Go down
sweetsymphony

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:56 pm

@ 2shay: I love your quotes. Jamie is just about the sexiest man ever written. I've just finished reading the Outlander series again, though I do need to finish An Echo in the Bone, got distracted with some other series that I discovered.

Some of my other favorite guys are Bones, Curran, Barrons, Adam H., Tybalt, Eric, Alcide (though he changed some, but after book 10 seems maybe he'll get better), so many others that I can't think of at this moment. Wink

Nice to see a few others that are writers/aspiring authors as well. I just finished with a round of editing and am having it read by a few people, while I work on the first draft of the second book.

So glad to have found this site.

Last edited by sweetsymphony on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm

We are thrilled you found us. Good luck with edits Wink

Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Welcome to all the newlings!

Yay! Another Gail Carriger fan! :D I'm soooo looking forward to Heartless. (July!)

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
hmashburn

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi, my name is Heather. I am a mother to three daughters and an avid reader. I work at CVS Pharmacy as a Certified Pharmacy Technician. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I talk way too much!!
Back to top Go down
mudepoz

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi. I'm Mud. I'm as old as mud, too. I work with dogs, genetics, plants and zombies. Wait, they tell me they are grad students, but I KNOW the truth.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I actually live in the same town as Faith Hunter and have met her several times! She's an awesome lady. My husband has known her for years and years since he grew up here.
Back to top Go down
dragoness

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Hello All! Love Love Love Kim Harrison Series. Hopeful for LKH comeback.
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:59 pm

Look at all the shiny new people! Hello to all the newbies! This is such a fun place to be, hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:07 am

sweetsymphony--If you are an Outlander fan, you are on the right forum! Please come by the Diana Gabaldon thread anytime. We are always pimping Outlander to newbies, and love to hear every thought as they read the series...! DG is a goddess!

Heather, mud and missy....hi....Wow, the chat last night just rocked. Be sure to vote in the polls..we have a whole lot of fun with those!

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 pm

So many newbies!! Must be my turn to lay out the welcome mat smile
:king: Welcome, Welcome
Back to top Go down
uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Welcome! Glad to see you all here!
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:31 pm

I am so glad I found this site! Wow, I have been reading and there are so many series that I can't wait to add to my TBR list. I have read all the Anita Blake books, the first four Sookie books, I am reading the first Jane Y. book now (although I have read all Gwen's books...) and I have also read a lot of other stand alone books along the same themes.

Anyway, again, I am so glad to have found this site! heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!   

Back to top Go down

Take The Time...Introduce Yourself Here !!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next