Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Police and FBI etc

Go down 
+11
b4v
dembones
sabby
Dani Alexander
Starbrites
showmethelove
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Barbara
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
2shay

Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 am

star Shattered Glass star

Okay.....BJ's.....

I am just loving this book. I finally started highlighting some of the funnier moments....wish I had started earlier.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:30 am

Apart from going to the gym and cooking dinner all I did yesterday was read this book. I have Mt. Laundry to contend with now.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am

star Shattered Glass star

Damn. "Shattered"....Shay.....! "Clean"......Peter is bleeding to death and wants Austin to know he hasn't been exposed to HIV....SHIT !!

ETA: What does it mean when you get to the end of a book and just keep on pushing the next page button? MORE..! That's what it means. In case you didn't know.

sigh......
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Just read Fair Game by Josh Lanyon!

star star FG star star

Wow, I really enjoyed this book. I never in a million years would have guessed who the killer was. I kept picking a new suspect every 5 minutes. I loved Tucker. I was thrilled that he could man up enough to really tell Elliott how he felt. I just wished Elliott could have been a little more open with Tucker. I understand why he had a hard time expressing himself but I just wanted him to open up a little more. Cormain (I know I am not spelling that right) was a sick fuck! Now that the book is over I really wish I new what he did with all his victims heads. (That probably dosen't sound right, huh? smile ) And poor Elliott got his ass beat up in this book. His Knee,Ear and his Arm. In a way atleast he had Tucker to take care of him.. Anyway, Great Book!!

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Corian. The only reason I know that is he is a sculptor whose name is a composite surface that looks a bit like marble. I don't know if Lanyon meant to do that or I'm reading into it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:12 pm

And I love that book too!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Doppleganger wrote:
star Sticks & Stones star

Finished! Zane didn't break my heart. Go, Zane! cheers

The last line about not fucking things up seems ominous for the next book, but perhaps that's just my cynicism showing through.
I'm amazed that Deuce is the only one who knew about Ty & Zane's...partnership. I thought maybe Dick had gotten wise, thought perhaps Ty's mom had figured it out, and was convinced Earl was onto them. Dammit dammit dammit!! I'm glad that Deuce at least knows. I hate all the hiding they had to do.

Final verdict: This was a huge improvement over Cut & Run. The dialogue was tighter and I enjoyed this book so much more because of it. The helicopter showing up at the exact right moment was ridiculously convenient, and the idea of mountain men in search of treasure was hokey. But the emotional tension was so ripe that it overcame all that. This wasn't quite an OCRD book for me, but it was awfully close to that. It competed with Perfect Blood and Fiery Cross for my time and held it's own. That's says a lot.

I didn't realize you hadn't read this, Dopple. This book was much better then C&R. There was so much tension. We realize just how much they mean to eachother. So good! It's hard for me to pick a favorite in this series because I love them all so much. I really enjoyed Fish & Chips. It made me laugh and swoon. Ty and Zane are just so special. I love them heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:29 pm

heart Ty and Zane heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:22 am

Fae--Don't soft sell Fish And Chips..it was fan-fuckin-tastic!

In From The Cold by Mercy Celeste

I bought this book because Laura Horner was the editor. I really, really like her. About this book? I am not exactly sure what to say. Nate is a cop and a former Marine and Quinn is a county music star. They were raised in the same small town where there fathers were close friends. They were childhood friends. Best friends. Quinn knows that he is gay...Nathan lets Quinn "experiment" while they are boys. They grow up. They grow apart. Shit happens. They are reunited because of a tragedy. Nathan has been married and divorced twice in the meantime and taken a job on the sherriff's department. Quinn has become a music sensation while dealing with drugs and alcohol. Their story is...Well, I don't know what it is exactly. Compelling, for sure. I didn't understand the dynamic between these men in the early part of the book and wasn't sure I liked it well enough to finish. As I just kept turning the pages, I realized that I was being pulled into the story. By the end, I had to give a recommendation. This is the first of three books in the Cold serries. I will read them all. I wanted to end this with a quote from the author's profile. She said, "I write southern themed spicy romance of the het and gay variety. Because love doesn't care who you are".
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

I enjoyed this book too Shay.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Do mobsters go in this catagory? I'm reading Dark Souls by Aleksandr Voinov.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I reckon Silvio goes wherever he likes.... heart these books are very, very good!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Wherever he can fake his way in.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am

I love Silvio heart he just wants someone to accept ALL of him. I think Stefano is that man. I hope he doesn't let him down , like everyone else seems to. I see the last book is the biggest..... Is it the 17th yet??
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 am

GR said the 19th! Waugh! 2 more days to wait Sad

I love Silvio too. He's so messed up and lovable. Sexy. Violent. Such a good character!!!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 am

Riptide where I have it pre ordered says 17th... I think
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 am

Yes, just double checked twirling
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Yay, 17th is good! That's still a horrible ten days away.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 am

star Continental Divide star by Laura (L.E.) Harner and Lisa Worrall

Remy is a police detective from Phoenix and Jamie is a Scotland Yard investigator from London. They both have cases involving missing boys. Six from each town. No bodies. As they try to find out what happened to the boys, they wind up in an international serch involving Interpol, the UN and a child trafficing ring that spans two continents.

Jamie is, besides being a gorgeous, sort of out gay man, is also an Earl. Minor royalty. Very swauve and sophisticated. His mother is still unhappy that her darling boy became that awful thing...a copper.

Remington is a pretty rough, and gorgeous, lawman who prefers working undercover. And alone. Gay and Not Out!

Of course, the attraction between these two is instant and hot. But Remy has issues. We get a lot of clues during the course of the story. Remy does not do relationships. Ever.

I have to heart heart heart heart this book. Why only 4 hearts? The kindle version had a few rough spots. Not enough line breaks when protag pov changes....made me have to back track to see who's head I was in. And some copy mistakes, too. So, the book seemed a little rough in places.

The good side? OMG!! These guys have a dynamic that I first saw in Cut and Run. Not willing to go there yet, but this thing has tons of potential to just ROCK! Now, this is the first book I've read with Lisa Worrall, but I really like Laura Harner. They ARE NOT Urban and Roux. At least not yet. But...the second book in this series, Oceans Apart, has just hit my personal most wanted list and should be out in the fall. The series is called Separate Ways. Seriously.....right now I want to know more about Remy and Jamie than any other characters out there. Sigh.....you know how intense these new relationships can be. I am smitten.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks, Shay! I'll check it out smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 pm

For anyone interested in what Crash's store, from the PsyCop series, smells like, it's just like Fee Bros Old Fashioned Aromatic Bitters. LOL Jordan said so.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm back in LA with PA Brown's second in the LA series, LA Boneyard. Angst and a very disgusting murder. It's going to be good!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:20 pm

Sounds good! Don't tempt us with books we can't read. WAUGH!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Yeah, she's really hard to find. And she is in the process of re-releasing a lot of her books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police and FBI etc   Police and FBI etc - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police and FBI etc
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: