Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 pm

I liked Chemistry heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:04 pm

I did, too. Unusual. Different. Fun. Jack's brain was on full-time hyper drive. Fun to read.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:16 pm

star Of Dark And Bright star

About one third in....sigh....I am just not feeling it. I don't like Dan's sister. At all.

ETA: This is probably going to cause a shit storm, but here it is. There would NEVER be a confessed hard core carrer criminal waiting for sentencing staying on my place or across the friggin STREET!...and I don't care whose sister she is or if she's pregnant with puppies! The guys have lost all credibility. And.....I reserve the right to change my mind if Kate has found some completely remarkable way to redeem this woman some where later on. I still wouldn't have a known criminal on the place. She has confessed. A really good reason for a false confession? I don't know. I don't know if I can finish the book. 45% in......
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:01 pm

I didn't either Shay Sad I will finish it though. After I am done with Caldwell and Daeva
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Just a few pages further and now I am totally pissed at Dan. I think I'm done. Gonna go try some more Nalini Sinhg.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Sad that's too bad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Damnit!! And the sister was one of the reasons I didn't want to start. Well shit.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 am

Fae---Actually, I wish you would. Read it and come back and tell me that I am totally full of shit I love this story. Really love it. I am afraid that I am being too critical because of the "spell" I am under after reading Lover Reborn. Different thread. Seriously, I snarked all over Harper Fox's book and I usually adore anything she writes. I am thinking that it's just me and I need a really good ass chewing to get back on track. See how many swear words I used? I am so screwed.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:36 am

I'll get there eventually. I want to like it and even if it angers me it will probably have a good ending. Didn't Starbrites love it? It probably is the let down from LRb. Apparently Ward has her mojo back in full force.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:15 am

i hope that's it. But you see, Fae. You know I can get pretty judgemental. You, Swede, Showme and Dopple are the most open minded people I know. I just don't always see the reasoning behind some behaviors. Most of the time, you guys see something that totally escapes me. I can't get past this whole "criminal in the house" part. But, these stories aren't about me and how I would act or behave in a given situation and somethimes I just can't get past my personal reaction. You guys can do that.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:59 am

I really do have a big disconnect between what I accept from fictional characters and what I accept in real life. I'll root for bad guys and hope for nasty murders or cheer because of them in books. Maybe I use fiction to get all my craziness out. I don't know. But yeah, I can see how illegalities would affect you.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:02 am

Uhhhhggg.....B4V liked it too! I'll wait on this one. Kate can sure make us feel shit huh?

I'm reading Clear Water by Amy Lane.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:50 pm

I just don't really like kids and babies in my books. And I think I can see where this story is headed. Right from the start I had an inkling
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I love how passionate you are shay when it comes to the characters in books. I never minded any of the things that went on it Kates new book. Don't get me wrong there were moments when I wanted claw Dan's eyes out and Evan don't even get me started and I don't know about any of you but Jeff can do no wrong in my eyes. The guys perfect. smile I just more liked the writing and the story line and I LOVED getting more then Dan's POV but I agree having a convict no matter it was family or not living on my property is not something I would do but to me I thought all that went on made a great story. But hey to each there own, right? smile

Now, having a baby in there story to me would be pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing how they would handle all that.

I have been thinking hard sense reading Swede's statement that she don't really like kids or babies in books and I don't think I have ever read a book with kids or babies in it. No wait Z and Bella's short story other then that I don't think I have so I don't know how it would turn out. Some thinking to do on that.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't mind kids and babies in my stories. I read a lot of b/g romance, and sometimes there are kids. Sometimes they actually add to the story.

Okay, SB. Maybe you delivered the kick in the butt I needed. I was just so pissed at the whole story line. star Spoiler star Tat is missing and Dan gets all pissed at Evan for taking the computers. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I did like OD&B. It's Dan's guilt and leaving his sister that makes him want to do the right thing by her. He was also in that place, but he managed to get himself out of it before he got went too deep. His sister didn't really get that chance. All he sees is her hopefully trying to do the right thing and he can't just leave her again, even if it possibly means getting burnt big time. I still wanted to smack both Evan and Dan, but they grew by the end of the book. At least this one didn't make me cry, lol.

Kids/babies in books? I'm not generally a fan, but there are always exceptions to rules. Jack and George come immediately to mind Wink

Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Kids in smutty books just take up smexy time Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 pm

A good plot is good even if there are kids involved, but I do feel weird being into the smexy and suddenly there are kids involved.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:56 pm

One of the funniest things I have ever read was a four year old walking out of his mother's bedroom with her purple dildo swinging in his little hand when her date was picking her up. Her date was a Colorado state senator. I nearly rolled out of my chair. Kids canbe great in books! You never have a clue what a kid might say in real life, much less in fiction.

ETA: I understand Dan's quilt about leaving his sister. I don't understand why he was willing to blame Evan for being concerned about Tat's safety. Oh, well. I will probably finish the book eventually. They are fictional characters! I keep saying that! I just can't help wanting to throw Dan and his criminal sister out on their asses. And....I keep thinking that Evan is .....foolish....for letting a criminal on the place in the first place. She should have waited the pregnancy out in jail.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Not only are they fictional characters they are in a situation designed to create stress to drive the plot forward. There are times I'm okay accepting that and there are times I'm not. There are books I've never finished as the author did crazy things with the characters in crazy situations just to drive the plot forward. This situation does sound...plausible. I will get to this book. I will!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Just finished reading Barging In by Josephine Myles....I liked it a lot. Read it straight through. It is very, very British. Mostly about life in a narrow boat on the English canals. This is a smexy, smexy book. Also, just a good read and a little different culture. Who knew there were people who lived full time on these boats on the English canals? Fun. No tears.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:50 pm

I loved this book too! I love the Brit-pack smile
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:51 pm

Josephine Miles is one of my nouveau favourites, lol. Have you read JL Merrow, Shay? She's another great Brit author.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:04 am

Drew Hunt is another Great Brit smile and Sue Brown and RJ Scott
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:19 am

I have read JL Merrow. Muscling Through is one of my favorites!

star Of Dark And Bright star

Okay. I went back and finished the book. I was just barely past the 50% point when I got so pissed that I refused to read another word. Ahem....as well documented in previous posts. Well.....that was an unfortunate place to stop. Within a very few pages the motivations behind everyones behavior started making more sense. I actually started feeling what Dan was thinking and what Evan was thinking. I still think they made some bad choices. Guess what? So did they. As they started to see how badly they had screwed up with the whole situation, I started feeling kinder towards them both. And guess what else? By the time the book was finished, I had fallen right back under their spell. Evan, Dan, Jeff and their extended family are back at or near the top of my favorite characters list. Reading what SB and b4v had to say helped me a lot. Fae's comment about driving the plot helped, too. So....if you start the book? Keep reading.....Kate loves these guys and want us to love them too. And I do. I have one really, really burning question. There is a sex scene early in the story with all three guys. Can they really do that? And why? owwww........owwww......And this was like maybe the third time they had done that...! ouch.....ow....I can't believe that was even comfortable. I have read a lot of sex scenes and some menage, but that was a first for me. All I can say is .....ow...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   

Back to top Go down

Contemporary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: