Share | 

Contemporary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I think of a baseball bat as more of a vandalism tool than a defensive weapon. More appropriate for stuff like breaking headlights, vases, mailboxes, etc. smile Aluminum is better too....not that I would know from personal experience or anything. :whis:

But hey, forget necessity. Desperation is the mother of invention! If a bat is all you got then it's a defensive weapon.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:38 am

roflmao True! But you can get really tired swinging a bat. Too much effort.
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Well this might be TMI but I keep a bat on hand upstairs and downstairs....... a MACHETE!!! What can I say I'm prepping for a Zombie apocolypse and guns with their noise would attract more!!! So Colombian neck tie it is for those suckas!!! reyes ninja
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:18 pm

MACHETE? Holy shit! I'm both scared and impressed by that.

I have an armed hubby and multiple escape routes. LOL

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Yup brought over from Colombia by my Mama, you know it has a very decorative sheath with colors of the CO flag; so you know hidden in plain sight!! Wink And yes escape routes are for sure mapped out!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Sabby---you go girl! I will remember to stow the guns in the next zombie war. roflmao
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:31 am

I'm reading Behind Iron Lace by Mercy Celeste. Halfway through but it's good. It's about a man realizing he's gay because he's strongly attracted to the gorgeous persistant cajun. That right cher is some good reading Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm

I love Mercy Celeste! She writes het romance, too! I have read a couple of her books and will read this one soon. She is good friends with Laura Harner. Laura edits some of Mercy's books. Laura does m/m, het, pr and has a GREAT menage series. I know. I HATE triangles, but I swear these are not triangles. Menages are completely different. Live Dark Horse, but Laura's have girly bits. That is just fine with me. Girls need lovin', too.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't seem to enjoy reading about menages with girls and guys. I don't know why. I don't really like them in general but sometimes one grabs my attention. I only read Dark Horse because the girls swore it was awesome. Sad and threesomes!!! It was worth reading. I loved it! Sometimes I just need a kick in the ass Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm

I'm not usually a fan of threesomes or any polyamory but Kate Sherwood writes amazing threesomes. They seem viable and even important to the guys in them. Not just adding a third for some fun.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:22 pm

Laura Harner's menage series, Three's Allowed, are all short. Maybe long short stories or short novellas. About 3.00 each. Whiteout is the first one. I liked them. Her threesome all cared about each other and wanted to find a way to build a life together that could include them all. They want to have babies and stuff.The guys both love the girl and the guys love each other and they all love each other enough not to try to force someone to choose or force someone out. Interesting dynamics. She has three and I think a fourth one coming soon. Also, if you haven't read her m/m story, Ty Hard, you have missed a good one.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Mercy Celeste's Behind Iron Lace

Nice little read. Ahem.....I am, however, getting a tiny bit tired of the whole gay angst theme. I mean, I kmow it is always there for a gay person, fictional or real, but I like the stories best where being gay is just a part of the story. Well...there are exceptions. Okay...there are lots of exceptions. But I really like the action/mystery,/suspense with gay characters best. I should probably just delete this. grin
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Yesterday I started As You Are by Ethan Day and I am having a hard time getting into this one which is bugging the crap out of me because I have never had a hard time getting into one of his books. Is it a slow pick up or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:47 pm

If it's the one with Operation Danny then it's you. I loved that one. It may be my favorite. The one I couldn't get into was the one with the guy who was the architectural restorer who was trying to get his ex back.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes, It is the one with operation Danny. It probably is me, I guess my head just isn't it.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:42 am

Julian in As You Are is one of my favorite characters! I loved him. Have they gone to the park to play football? Loved that part. Loved the whole book.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:35 am

star As You Are star

So I just got to the part where him and Danny slept together and he thought it was more then obviously Danny did sense he brought some guy home after he waited for him all day. He ran out to his car and I had to stop reading cause I was going to cry. Sad I felt like my damn heart was breaking.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:47 am

Julie...!!! I remember that so well. I nearly cried, too.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Reading Harper Fox's Scrap Metal. So good! I love Harper's books.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Ok, I just finished Of Dark and Bright and OMG I loved it! I loved all the books in this series and i think i loved this one even more just on one thing and that was getting Jeff and Evan's POV's along with Dan's. That just made it so much more. IMO I think it was just the best!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:27 am

star Scrap Metal star

Finished. This is a good book. It had one fairly major flaw for me. The scene where the bad guy confronts Cam and Nic. Maybe it's a Scottish thing or a European thing, but it was so NOT going to happen that way here. Maybe the gang lords in Europe are wimpy sorts, but here....the bad guy would have just killed everyone and walked away if he caught them that off guard and with NO ONE but the criminals in posession of hand guns. Even the damn cop was unarmed. Just seemed so far outside my realm of experience that it pretty much killed the rest of the story. Virtually every WOMAN I know would have reached in her pocket and pulled a Glock or Sig and loaded the bad guys ass with lead and he gave them so many opportunities. Of course, the bad guys here don't automatically know that citizens won't be armed with handguns. Makes me thank God for the right to bear arms. Anyway, that just didn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:48 am

In the UK I don't think police even carry guns Shay... not that I know what the story is.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:32 am

I think you're right, Swede. Shudders at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

I find it funny that you shudder... I like that gun carrying is not common. In South Africa and Zimbabwe I felt a lot more at risk, because of the amount of people that carried guns - legally
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Swede, can't explain. Either you are for disarming citizens or you aren't. I'm not.

Read More Than Chemistry by Kate........like it. I think I am ready for books again. And, Of Dark And Bright finally showed up on Amazon. So....starting that next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   

Back to top Go down

Contemporary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: