SearchHomeMemberlistRegisterLog inFAQ

Share | 

Contemporary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:19 pm

cheers Yay for finishing it. And a double yay for enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:54 pm

I did, Fae! Finished and enjoyed! Annndddd.....I am right back in love with the story. I guess the more I love the characters the more upset I get when they take......IMO....a wrong turn. Authors have told us to trust them before......Chicagoland Vampires!!!.....and fumbled. Kate didn't fumble. This is a really good (maybe not acceptable to everyone) extension of the story. heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:38 pm

CN is never a good choice when your thinking about an author telling you to trust them. I can't even imagine how she is going to come back after that last one. Guess we will see.

It's a damn good thing I wasn't drinking anything at the time of reading your above post shay or I think I would have either ruined my computer or choked to death. I have read a bunch of multiple partner books as well and that was the first time I ever read something like that and I have NO idea if that is even possiable. If it was you would think that poor Evan would never walk or sit down again.

I am glad you finally finished it. I thought it was pretty fantastic. I really do hope she writes another one in this series. I am not ready to give up those guys just yet.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 pm

well damn... I got to chapter 4 , so 16% in .... I don't remember anything "uncomfortable" sooooooooo either I didn't get to it yet; or my um, comfort levels, have shifted Wink

I will finish the book for sure, will probably get back to it next week. Should have known better than to start it the day before Lover Reborn came out
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:23 pm

SB--I thought that HAD to hurt like hell! I can get the positioning in my mind, but how do they move? It I don't see a way that they could make ant sort of rhythm. I just can't figure out how thru did it. Or why. Ow. Ow. I know they sometimes like a hard fuck, but...ow.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I don't know exactly what kind of freaky position you are talking about, but I totally want to read this book now.

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 pm

roflmao Well...it is interesting, and it's pretty early in the story. I understand how they got the position. I just see too much potential for pain. Ow. One mistake. Ow.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 pm

I just read Chulito it was sad and beautiful - I didn't cry. Quite. I did struggle with all the gangsta talk though.

Last edited by SwedeLover on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sabby

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

I def wanted to read the story before... NOW with triple threat freaky position promises!!! heart not worthy in love drool I am so there... where's it at where's it at????

And I'm really intrigued with Chulito as well; gosh darnit would u guys stop derailing my well laid out plans of widdling down on my currently available TBR pile!!!! Mad Wink
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 am

Well........ In Chulito I read what is possibly the hottest 3 way I have ever read annnnnnnd it including girlie bits!! Laughing well m/f/m in the truest sense of 2 into one Wink
Back to top Go down
b4v

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 am

I think Shay's talking about the DP, Barb. And Shay, yes it is possible, lol. Although I'd imagine having two guys with slimmer, uh, appendages might be preferable!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 am

Well Chulito scene is that two or too Wink I liked it in that book. I can't have got to it in this one yet , surely it would have stuck with me.

ETA ... Definitely an ouch! Probably as intense for the receiver as a fisting. Just needed a cup of tea
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 am

Sabby---The scene starts about 25% in......the really hot stuff starts at my kindle location 754. I have no problem with how they got into position. Hmmmm......I don't see how they could move much or at all without risking some serious pain. I mean, guys.....even a hard cock is easy to hurt.....jammed together that tightly....owwww......and Swede.....I know a fist is a LOT tougher.....and that's another of my eeuuuwwww.....owwwws. Althought, I will say that the boys seemed to throughly enjoy themselves. BTW, while the technical aspects of this scene perked my interest, it wasn't the least bit disturbing to me. Kate has done such a great job of showing how much these guys love and trust each other. I think that trust is important in this one cause I just know this could hurt all of them if they screwed up. ..... Screwed up....snort. Sorry. That scene was serious and very loving. Not intending to make it sound anything but the loving act it was. All of my curiosity buttons got pushed.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:16 am

I'm so confused....which book is this Shay? It's by Kate Sherwood?

“I love language, words, and all the lovely, exciting, and heart wrenching things you can do with them. Pick the right ones, put them in the right order, and you've created a moment in time where the reader forgets about the late car payment, the dirty dishes, the impending workweek. You have created a state of bliss. Or negligence, depending on your perspective ” -- Darynda Jones heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:27 am

Yes, Dopple. Of Dark And Bright, the latest book in her Dark Horse series. Have you read them all up to date?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 am

Nope....this would be a new series for me! I'm tbr'ing it!

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 am

You will cry. Big, intense, snotty bawling kind of crying.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Huge!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:03 pm

But so worth every tear!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:31 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Now I'm scared! But I know there's freaky sex, so i'll muster the courage.

Back to top Go down
Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:31 pm

You will love it Dopple, during the first book you will hate us, crying with happen often.
Hey I don't remember a lot of freaky sex. Hmm it that a good thing or a bad thing? I think you have probably read worse freaky sex else where.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:46 am

Dopple--My face was, honest to God, swollen for two days! I hated everyone for getting me into this story! Then.....I LOVED heart heart everyone for getting me into this story. I think I said some rude things about the crazy women who would let their friends get their hearts all tangled up and stomped on. Trust me. Right after you get through cursing us all, you will thank us. And the horses! You will fall in love with the horses. BTW, no animals are harmed in the making of this story.

This is one of the very best things I have ever read. Dan will knock your socks off. But, he is gay, so your panties are safe.

Last edited by 2shay on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling.....spelling....I can't type...)
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 am

LOL Yes, my first response was to yell "You asshole! Why did you tell me to read this!" Now I tell other people to read it.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:11 pm

ouch! I was THAT asshole kick me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   

Back to top Go down

Contemporary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum