Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***

Go down 
+7
showmethelove
2shay
Starbrites
Greencat
gracious-plenty
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kimba

kimba

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 am

LOL I am so confused!

Have to say I can't wait to open my kindle in about a week and read this book!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 am

"He wants to court you"
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:01 pm

smile That line made me happy.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 pm

kimba wrote:
LOL I am so confused!

Have to say I can't wait to open my kindle in about a week and read this book!

Your not the only one.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: My nonspoilery review of Raven Cursed   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:13 pm

My nonspoilery review of Raven Cursed:
(Also posted on Goodreads. Note that since Goodreads allows me to hide spoilers, I've added a couple minor ones to the Goodreads review.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raven Cursed opens with Jane in charge of security for a parley between master vampires. Jane is confident and competent in her duties. But after a while the vampire politics takes a backseat to a mess involving witches, werewolves, and Jane's ex-boyfriend Rick, and even Jane's abilities are taxed.

Raven Cursed has Jane at her independent and slightly feral best, but with a guilt syndrome that seems out of place in such a competent woman. Beast is as fantastic as ever. I love great sidekicks or minor characters, and the reason I enjoy these books is Beast's down-to-business, literal, and outright horny inner voice. Jane continues to defy Beast and maintain emotional distance from others, which is a huge tease now that she has so many interested men in her life. I found myself cheering for Beast as she insists that these men are good, strong mates!

This book takes Jane away from New Orleans to Asheville North Carolina and the surrounding rural areas. Camping, rafting, hiking -- Jane's all over it. Because of the change in setting, Leo and his bloodservant Bruiser are mostly absent from this book. While I missed them, I did grow fond of the B-twins and became more intrigued with Gregoire.

The change in setting allows more focus on Molly and her witchy family, who live in the Asheville area. I wanted to slap Big Evan silly, squish Angie Baby and Little Evan into a tight hug, and sit down over a cup of tea with Molly and her sisters. Except Evil Evie. She's not invited to my make-believe tea party!

Faith Hunter deftly writes thorough and detailed mythology with interconnected plots. Now that the series is on it's 4th installment, the backstory (-ies) has gotten large. If it's been a while since you've read the previous books in the series, a reread of at least Mercy Blade may be in order before diving into Raven Cursed. I also recommend reading the shorts in Cat Tales, especially "Cat Tats" and "Blood, Fangs, and Going Furry".

I rate Raven Cursed 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. wine

Thanks to Penguin for providing an advanced copy!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 am

showmethelove wrote:

"He wants to court you"

Damn! The 3rd seems to far away..
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Today's quote is brought to you by the letter W and the number 666.

"Licked away flavor of witch. Tasty."
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Got my notice pre-order has been shipped. I\'m waiting I can't get on kindle any of the Jane Yellowrock series but I can get it on audible? Go figure. So I will wait, not patiently I might add. poke
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Good one Dopple! cheers

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:31 am

be right back not reading Dopples posts . Nope not gonna till I read the book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 6:56 am

heart BEAST heart
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:15 pm

And for today's random out of context quote I give you...

"Between a witch and a bespelled Mithran? Do you have a death wish?"

Did Jane just say that?!
Back to top Go down
Faith Hunter

Faith Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Note - Cat Tales is now avaialable in most English speaking/readign countries on Amazon e-book. Austraila and NZ coming noon.
f
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithhunter.net
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am

So close Greencat!!!

Pre-ordered RC today!! Not to much longer.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:37 am

Oh! My! Which, oh which! Which vampire is be spelled?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:43 am

Because I love you guys I'll throw you a bone and give you some context with today's quote. Molly's sister is saying this to Jane about Molly.

"No. We have to stab her first."
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 am

OoKaay! Stabbing Molly. They must be trying to remove a spell. Either that or they are using her for vampire bait! Can't decide.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 am

"Jane does not have monkey necklace."

I think somebody needs to send her one! smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:27 pm

roflmao I loved that bit.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 am

"George said you would be angry to find me here, in your bed. Please say that you are delighted instead."
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

Oh hey, it rhymes!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Well, that takes some of the sexy out of it lol
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I finally finished RC!!
Wow!!!!!
I give this bad boy 4.5 star

I have a ton of great quotes highlighted but when I go back and look at the ones the other mods listed, well they are pretty much the same ones too. Lol

Great Job Faith
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:43 pm

twirling Tomorrow twirling
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Just a few hours away! I can't wait for everyone else to read it, I've been dying to discuss it with y'all. Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 1828999080

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 1247806006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next